Mass-Vacation Mode - Protest Morale and Unwarranted Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

People of Grepolis Beta, and consequently to InnoGames,

I am Yondo, founder and leader of the United Aegean Empire on Beta.

After a study of the workings of the morale system, and fervent discussion with my people, as well as other players ranked high and low, we feel that the new morale system is a negative change to the game, and respectfully wish it to be repealed. We have expressed our sentiments on the issue, but, to our knowledge, know only that you intend not to change it, or if you do, only slightly.

Thus, we have decided to ban together to express our discontent.

We are upset at the following:
- Overpowering of morale relative to the difference in strength of attacker vs. defender, making it difficult to gather resources from weaker (or even inactive!) players, making them a THREAT, as points have little to do with troops.
- Overpowering use of militia alongside morale making any farming run a potential deathtrap, and empowering weaker, less dedicated folks to the point of unfairness.
- Introduction of new, important, and game-changing mechanics without discussion with the players and without giving adequate warning beforehand, causing us to need to radically change our gameplay style and undermining trust in the people at InnoGames.
- Failure to bugtest thoroughly new changes (i.e. the collapsing towns on our troops not giving us pop back) effectively, perhaps in a rush to implement unwarranted updates, also undermining our trust in the system.

We love Grepolis, the way it was. We do not mind change, if it is something we have asked for or that is well thought out and doesn't change the game we love.

As such, I, along with the United Aegean Empire and the Praetorian Guardians, will all enter into vacation mode, in hopes that one day our beloved Grepolis will be restored, if our demands are not met in two (2) days. As it is now, it is quite unplayable to our interests, making the cost of sacrificing playing this game less each passing day.

Our demands are simple and rational.
If InnoGames doesn't retract the morale changes completely, in order to be reworked, tested, announced, and THEN implemented for the better, we will all go into vacation mode until such changes are made, if ever.

Other alliances are welcome to join us. Please voice your discontent and demonstrate how upset you are.

InnoGames, we all very deeply wish that these changes can be made. We do not want to cause trouble, but we feel we have been slighted, as (paying) customers.

Very Respectfully,
The United Aegean Empire, and Allies (and enemies!)

DeletedUser

Signed! Co-Founder of Praetorian Guardians.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is insane and obnoxious.

moralez.jpg

A map of Oceans 54, 55, 64, 65. The colored dots are AoA, UAE, and PG.

Imagine all this unused, dead, space, with cities you can't fight, let alone conquer.

http://en2.grepolismaps.org/75127f29e8f134f82fc9e061bb0a9bc2

DeletedUser

check the announcement from zeus, they will discuss it while moral is off for the time being :)

DeletedUser

I like the progress they're making. I understand keeping it Zeta. But our demands stand. We'll wait, and watch.

DeletedUser

I think I speak for most players in saying we will agree to a Morale system, just not one with as dramatic an effect on gameplay and losses.

Some liked it the way before - with 100% morale at all times, as it is easier for them, but as a compromise I think most players will accept some form of Morale in the game.

If it was toned down or reworked in some logical manner with appropriate playtests then Morale could be an interesting addition.

As it is, it simply adds to the tedium for advanced players who have enough micromanagement to worry about without suffering huge unexpected losses that takes days or weeks to replace.

And before any changes like this, we would like information posted about exactly HOW the system works! and not some vague statement like "morale has now been added"

Thank you.

DeletedUser

I think you should give them one more day bcause the morale will be gone for one day haha. so that makes 3 days total.

DeletedUser

Zeus's post seems like good news.

But I stand with Yondo on the morale issue.

(R)

DeletedUser

I stand with yondo too..No to morale.

DeletedUser

Greetings, players of Grepolis! (This is my first 'official post', bare with me)

I, AMaNi Magnus, as well as region I represent (southern part of Ocean 56), stand behind our leader and Emperor, Yondo.

I agree with introducing new rules into new worlds, such as Zeta, to add a different 'flavor' to the game. Whoever wants to play like that can easily switch to the world(s) where the new rule applies. However, introducing this into the existing worlds, where alliances and relationships have been based on old rules, is only meant to disrupt game-play and, in the end, spoil all the fun. After introducing the revolt system all of the sudden, changing yet another fundamental rule is too much, in my opinion.

I understand our protests have already been taken into consideration and the new morale feature has been temporarily switched off for Beta World. Hopefully, it will remain off or at least it will be a bit adjusted and fitted into this world, as Willcx has suggested.

Respectfully yours,
AMaNi Magnus,
Lt. commander of Ocean 56 on behalf of the United Aegean Empire

DeletedUser4660

yep it sucks,
The smaller player are all ready protected with the limited CS travel time so we can't head out to the outer rim ,this could make me quit with the new Morale rule :pro: well l will see how it playes but if l loose to many troops that will be it

DeletedUser4660

if it gets lock without any reply l would think harder about my next move

DeletedUser

but farming isnt the point of this game and it stops the more powerful discouraging the newer people from playing; its a smart move and whats better you lot will be on vacation mode for a while - a win win situation.

DeletedUser4660

but farming isnt the point of this game and it stops the more powerful discouraging the newer people from playing; its a smart move and whats better you lot will be on vacation mode for a while - a win win situation.
player that join now are no where nere the big boys we are mostly around the middle of the world ,late commers are on the outside

DeletedUser

Farming isn't the point, no, but defeating your rightful foes is.

If I start on an island with 20 people, any 19 of them can kill me. How do I make sure they don't? I clear them out, and then make sure they produce no more troops or get stronger. This is known as farming.

If I let others around be grow up big and strong, they could (and I can only assume will) defeat me, which IS the point of the game.

DeletedUser4660

we all know it sucks big time this new gameplay ,it all most has stopped me playing only hitting villages until it is solved and it seems like everybody had the same idea :Unhappy:

DeletedUser4013

I think I speak for most players in saying we will agree to a Morale system, just not one with as dramatic an effect on gameplay and losses.

Some liked it the way before - with 100% morale at all times, as it is easier for them, but as a compromise I think most players will accept some form of Morale in the game.

If it was toned down or reworked in some logical manner with appropriate playtests then Morale could be an interesting addition.

As it is, it simply adds to the tedium for advanced players who have enough micromanagement to worry about without suffering huge unexpected losses that takes days or weeks to replace.

And before any changes like this, we would like information posted about exactly HOW the system works! and not some vague statement like "morale has now been added"

Thank you.

i think Yondo will agree that this is not the thread for this post to be in. this is mainly about UAE's proposal to protest the changes being made. i for one, agree with a lot of what he has posted here, and i think that InnoGames should listen more to what we have to say, whether you're a preemie or not.

for now though, Zeus has responded to our outcry with the message that 'morale' has been suspended while it undergoes review. but should the changes come back into force, i think this will be a good way to make our displeasure known. i will try to get my alliance on board with this as well

Status
Not open for further replies.