Mass-Vacation Mode - Protest Morale and Unwarranted Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Farming isn't the point, no, but defeating your rightful foes is.

If I start on an island with 20 people, any 19 of them can kill me. How do I make sure they don't? I clear them out, and then make sure they produce no more troops or get stronger. This is known as farming.

If I let others around be grow up big and strong, they could (and I can only assume will) defeat me, which IS the point of the game.

but that also drives players away from the game and leaves it for a select few (not a very good business). How about diplomacy and alliances. I think the morale would stop you from killing EVERYONE on your island but allowing you to eliminate a few of them for farming and colonising. I think it make the game a bit more challenging - if not slightly more annoying-.

DeletedUser

but that also drives players away from the game and leaves it for a select few (not a very good business).

It's actually very good business. The guy who, after 4 months, is only 2k points, isn't using premium. And since that's Grepolis' only form of income, that's what matters.

Aliens uses Premium, and now that he can't attack - ANYONE - without suffering a great morale penalty (which I guess is great for us) means he's not going to want to pay anymore.

UNLESS

The business model is thus:
- No one will want to attack, because of the power of morale (and the revolt system) making it more difficult to attack, so they won't gain offensive BP.
- No one will want to make big cities, in order to ensure they get a good morale bonus if they get attacked, so no one will be able to throw city festivals or theater plays.
- Therefore, the only mode of getting CP is by paying for Gladiator matches.

But this is off topic. If you want morale, then start a thread saying how much you want morale to stay. Or, play, while 80% of the active world goes into vacation mode.

DeletedUser

I agree with some of your points but I disagree with your first point. People will still want to attack but will have to plan more carefully adding more stategy to a strategy game

DeletedUser

No you don't get it. Take an example of how stupid morale is; it take 165 chariots to kill 345 militia at 30% morale That's 660 population against 345.
Also there is the resource cost.
Chariots- 33,000 wood, 72,600 stone and 52,800 silver.
Militia- Free, just half your resource income for 3 hours.

So you still think it's fair?

DeletedUser

guys and gals not sure if anyone here plays a game called kingsage but that has moral and works very well in it as it means you do have to think carefully how you attack someone and how many times you can before you need your men to recoup the moral they have just lost over the few attacks made by them or defending a city from an attacker but the creators of that are called MMOGAME and they have managed to get that working perfectly so i think that these guys need to have words with them to see how the moral works properly and see if they can then rework this moral so its similar to that and therefore it will work much better and smoother without so much loss every time you attack someone

but yes at the moment the moral rule does suck and needs sorting out badly or they will loose a hell of a lot of players who do not like it and quit because of it

i just hope they do read these forums properly and see how annoyed we are with the moral and realise we will not be here if its not changed or taken off completely from the game

DeletedUser

I support this thread, and will also be going into vaca mode.

DeletedUser

Morale is just too strong.
I agree on having a morale system in the game but It has been made too powerful, cut it down to half and it could be OK :D

Signed by Levadian

DeletedUser

wow. The unity shown by alliances in beta is truly aweinspiring. i applaud yondo for this effort and believe this is one of the best ways to show grepolis your dissatisfaction with thier development team.

eep up the good work yondo and ryan as well as everyone in the two alliances.

(ps. turn off the extend features for premiums as i believe grepo still charges you while your in vacation mode)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hear Hear

People of Grepolis Beta, and consequently to InnoGames,

We are upset at the following:
- Overpowering of morale relative to the difference in strength of attacker vs. defender, making it difficult to gather resources from weaker (or even inactive!) players, making them a THREAT, as points have little to do with troops.
- Overpowering use of militia alongside morale making any farming run a potential deathtrap, and empowering weaker, less dedicated folks to the point of unfairness.
- Introduction of new, important, and game-changing mechanics without discussion with the players and without giving adequate warning beforehand, causing us to need to radically change our gameplay style and undermining trust in the people at InnoGames.
- Failure to bugtest thoroughly new changes (i.e. the collapsing towns on our troops not giving us pop back) effectively, perhaps in a rush to implement unwarranted updates, also undermining our trust in the system.

I am especially perplexed that the Mods don't send a mass mail out to all on our server to inform us of the changes. Instead, we find out after the fact, which is hardly conducive to a smooth and consistent gaming experience.

Evony, though ridiculous in the many ways they built and upgraded the game (they also favored defense excessively), AT LEAST informed members of all changes ahead of time and even offered gifts to players (in the form of resources, gold, and other in-game objects), to offset the losses caused by the changes.

I was seriously considering investing some money in this game but now that I have repeatedly been reminded of how inconsistent the game play is for all users, I don't think I will. So I will stand by the others who have replied to this forum and protest against the above quoted issues as well.

Please consider the arguments of all people who are replying to this thread. If this game was a business it would be in jeopardy of losing many of its customers...inconsistency and lack of consideration for the players (customers), is a sure way to drive us off and invest our money in another game. :Unhappy:

~Aramay~
The Delian League

DeletedUser

I stand with Yondo on this matter.

I've ran the numbers and the Morale formula needs to be adjusted. I'm also displeased that no Communication is given, through in game mass mail, from the Devs.

Also, will there be any compensation for lost troops/ships that 'Got Buried' in a gray town? We would like are population back as well.

Communication would have saved many farm units...

I await reply.

DDay
United Aegean Empire
Regional Commander

DeletedUser

I do think morale is a good addition. it adds a sense of loyalty to your city as it would in real life to your country.

but i would support a morale that is half as powerful.

DeletedUser

I do think morale is a good addition. it adds a sense of loyalty to your city as it would in real life to your country.

but i would support a morale that is half as powerful.

to me i do not see the logic here at all. for morale to make sense in my eyes, it would be the opposite as it is now. players like aliens with 100+ culture points, or however many he has...they would have the high morale since they are successful in battle.

why should someone who has been cleared to the point of becoming a farm, or rarely play benefit from this "loyalty" you speak of, rather than the player that built his town to be successful?

i'm a molon labe member, and i stand by yondo in this protest also

DeletedUser

It's happening on alpha too

trying to decide where to go

DeletedUser

I agree.

Bu I would like to point out that another change that is unberable also. They fast disapearing of inactive farms.

Its so hard to get resources as it is, especialy as in this game you can loose so many troop in single day that it hurts your head. But at the same time, you need like forever to rebuild.

And if will have to relly on resources from ouir city alone, then I think things will get even slower and more unberable.

I think that gray farms that are bigger then 300 points should remain there for players of grepolis to use as they wish.

I agree with deleting smaller grey farms, is someone wants to colonize, let them go ahead.

I think that this is reason enough to quit palying. Such changes in midgame are inexusable and I dont I think peopel are better off just saving their precious time.

DeletedUser

you are right but there is just no way they re going to change that :(
With morale we have/had a change :)

DeletedUser

you are right but there is just no way they re going to change that :(
With morale we have/had a change :)

That change shows they don't have any clear direction or clue. All the other changes have been designed to protect weaker players. This one puts them at risk. If we can't farm larger grey cities, we'll just hit weaker players. They could stop reducing the size of the large grey cities in a heartbeat. They just chose not to listen and are actively halting all debate on this important issue.

DeletedUser1405

The original subject of the post seems to have been ignored, as there arent many people who have gone into vacation mode and some of the players who have said they are, havent, people are not going to listen if people make threats then dont follow them through.
And before i get flamed, i have never said i was going to i am prepared to voice my opinion and i have also messaged innogames on there website to let them know how the game players feel.
This would be a better way forward if all people on here send them an email to let them know there feelings they may listen.

DeletedUser

Mike62, you do understand I hope that the original purpose of this thread was to protest the implementation of the misguided morale on Beta. Infogames has relented and disabled morale for now. Perhaps that is the reason people haven't gone into vacation mode en mass. You seem to have overlooked that basic fact.

DeletedUser1405

I do understand the original post and i support it, but as i said we should have all emailed innogames as well as using this tool alone. Yes they have pulled it but it will be back as soon as they can figure a way to make it look better to people.

DeletedUser

To be honest I am tired of these posts about morale. 100k players are whining they have it more difficult to farm 5k player. That is silly. This is a war game. Conditios change in the war and good warrior can adopt and can be still a good warrior. Bad warrior whine and threaten with vacation mode.

If it would be implemented from the start no one would comment. The change is same for everyone. So to me it is just about being able to invent and adopt new strategy.

IMO much more bigger problem is the disappearance of large gray farms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.