Mass-Vacation Mode - Protest Morale and Unwarranted Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

To be honest I am tired of these posts about morale. 100k players are whining they have it more difficult to farm 5k player. That is silly. This is a war game. Conditios change in the war and good warrior can adopt and can be still a good warrior.

Why comment on an issue that in no way affects you yet? Once you have two more cities, and one of your stubborn farms decides to activate millitia and kills 100 horses you'll start to see the problem.

DeletedUser

ok I have 5 cities.. this affects me.

the problem I noticed is no one really knows how morale works. they just know there is a penalty to attacking smaller players but there is nothing but guess work and horrible mathmatics trying to prove something they are totally wrong about.

still I think its amusing that people are still grousing about it considering its been deactivated for now. "IF" it comes back I guarantee it will be altered somehow however I cant give details on what and why.

If you have ideas on how to make it better... I dont see why not post them. but to say you hate it when 99% of the players dont know how it works is lame.

also the post about disapearing inactives... while I dislike it I understand the need for it to happen. the point at the start of a world is to let people get as high as you can before you wipe them out and get them frustrated enough to quit. then you have a nice juicy farm. Thing is the disapearing inactives were an idea that was supposed to be implimented from the start and have gotten through now. they are not however a big enough of a change to the game for me to warrant it a problem though.

sure you cant farm the players and this slows me down by 30-40% now but I dont just rely on my cities for resources. It forces me to use the npc farms more effectively. Raise str and farm rather than just roll the troops out and collect in mass. learn adapt and grow.

While I dont like it 100% I understand it and back it up 100%

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

sure you cant farm the players and this slows me down by 30-40% now but I dont just rely on my cities for resources. It forces me to use the npc farms more effectively. Raise str and farm rather than just roll the troops out and collect in mass. learn adapt and grow.

Now that makes sense & a much better approach towards something several of us have spent way too much time on to give up that easy.

I'm not even close to a good player & up to now I've never counted on any player cities to be my source of resources. Some reasons are my play style, the fact I lead an alliance, and the lack of them when I first started playing.

In either case, I find myself ranked in the top 100 without many player skills and only free time on my hands.

For those players who actually put an effort into thinking how to play the game, the changes should be even more exciting and challenging.

2cents

DeletedUser

Personally speaking, from the perspective of a player who is at the bottom end of the scale now, I must have blinked and missed this one.

I haven't seen any noticable benefit to me when I chose to stand and fight, just the usual losses, so I have to continue to play 'cat & mouse' :Huh:

DeletedUser1405

We all disagree with the changes and it was answered, im hoping the game devs will look at this situation and set up some sort of working group from members in the game to discuss any new changes that they intend to bring in before dropping them on us in future, this would at least get back some of the good will they have lost.

DeletedUser

also the post about disapearing inactives... while I dislike it I understand the need for it to happen. the point at the start of a world is to let people get as high as you can before you wipe them out and get them frustrated enough to quit. then you have a nice juicy farm. Thing is the disapearing inactives were an idea that was supposed to be implimented from the start and have gotten through now. they are not however a big enough of a change to the game for me to warrant it a problem though.

Just adding my 2 cents about this comment.

I agree... fully and wholeheartedly

I started playing KoC (facebook game) and the only reason I joined was because my bro was playing it. It turned out his server was full and at no point have I been able to join him. At least this game solves that probe by, quite rightly, removing a 200 point player who has been inactive. Darn right! what a waste of space and you cant really farm them either.

DeletedUser

I hope you know you just made a half-year necro.

To stay on-topic:
VM is for nubs.

Ah...

Nope I didnt look at the date :eek: I picked it out of the new posts list so thought it would be reasonably recent.

Sorry peepz and thanks for the heads up dude :)

Status
Not open for further replies.