Mythical spells and units overhaul

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
I want to propose changes to some mythical spells and units. Currently, there are some spells that are basically awful and see no real use at any stage of the game. These would be:
  • Plague - The impact of using this on an enemy is totally negligible, and it costs 250 favor. It has a side use thats completely unintended though, which is preventing worse negative spells affecting upon plaguing yourself.
  • Illusion - This feels like a total meme. 260 favor to send a fake attack, which you can accomplish instead with an actual attack that has lowest possible population. And you get a wall level intel, or even HC as a bonus. Its only ever used by new people who don't know better.
  • Charitable Festival - This one is just very underwhelming. Its maybe little bit good on the first/second day when you have 10 buffs on your city and you save like 30bp. But any time past that, its 130 favor to save ~10 bp. Completely useless in my opinion
With mythical units, I feel like all mythical units (divine envoy exception) that don't fly or swim, are completely useless to recruit (they are fine if you get them as tokens)
There is just no reason to spend so much time grinding for favour and then recruit something like a minotaur opposed to a flyer. Maybe cerberus is kinda okay just because it has insane defence values, but other non flying myths are barely better than normal units that dont cost favor.

My points above illustrate a very poor balancing of game mechanics. Game gives us options, but some spells / units are objectively just so much worse than better alternatives. I think that they should get either buffed, or completely replaced.

VIRTUALSELF

Strategos
Hot take, but they also need to remove Spartan Training. The game basically became 70% more demanding after that single spell.

bugeyes10

Phrourach
The take on mythical units is terrible tbh. Yea some are bad, like minotaurs and medusae, but both of Hades' and Athena's are actually pretty good. Boars are actually pretty good but in the same boat of minotaurs, no point in recruiting them over griffs. Satyrs are quite good as well though I haven't used them as much as red heads. Can't really speak on spartoi since I haven't used them.

Spells I completely agree with though as the three of them are kind of irrelevant though it could be pretty memey to herc a bunch of illusions so maybe leave that one.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
I want to propose changes to some mythical spells and units. Currently, there are some spells that are basically awful and see no real use at any stage of the game. These would be:
  • Plague - The impact of using this on an enemy is totally negligible, and it costs 250 favor. It has a side use thats completely unintended though, which is preventing worse negative spells affecting upon plaguing yourself.
  • Illusion - This feels like a total meme. 260 favor to send a fake attack, which you can accomplish instead with an actual attack that has lowest possible population. And you get a wall level intel, or even HC as a bonus. Its only ever used by new people who don't know better.
  • Charitable Festival - This one is just very underwhelming. Its maybe little bit good on the first/second day when you have 10 buffs on your city and you save like 30bp. But any time past that, its 130 favor to save ~10 bp. Completely useless in my opinion
With mythical units, I feel like all mythical units (divine envoy exception) that don't fly or swim, are completely useless to recruit (they are fine if you get them as tokens)
There is just no reason to spend so much time grinding for favour and then recruit something like a minotaur opposed to a flyer. Maybe cerberus is kinda okay just because it has insane defence values, but other non flying myths are barely better than normal units that dont cost favor.

My points above illustrate a very poor balancing of game mechanics. Game gives us options, but some spells / units are objectively just so much worse than better alternatives. I think that they should get either buffed, or completely replaced.
Plague should kill units randomly over time and it should be an unpredictable pop so a turtle can’t just dodge the spell pop once per hour.
Illusion is a bit pointless, be cool if it made an attack look like a different attack. Meaning, wisdom would appear to work, but unit types would change randomly for the report obtained.
Festival isn’t useful at all really.
Regarding myths, it’s more about how you use them. Fliers remain OP, cerbs are great for defending, but so are some of the others. Not all myths are intended for pure nuke building, but rather as part of balanced defense or attacks. Most land myths and fliers are weak against at least 1 unit type, so balance is important. I love my Dogs, but without 50 archers per dog in support and a frontline of some swords and hops, dogs die quickly from a sharps attack or mixed attack types.
I like the myths, though there are some I don’t use often, mostly for the reason that flier options tend to be most useful.
BTW, spartoi are good attacking blunts with horses and also good defense. However, the ladons cost way too much to build. Good to have flying ranged, but building a nuke of them is prohibitive. A horse nuke with 50-100 spartoi and a maxed rage Ares army spell is way more destructive than a handful of ladons sent with a slinger nuke.