Mythical Units

DeletedUser

We have also seen that mythical units get built too rarely and that we should make adjustments there, too. In that regard we significantly lowered the favor costs while increasing the resource costs. Most of the offensive mythical units will be buffed as we also want to shift the Grepolis gameplay slightly towards a more aggressive playstyle. Mythical units will keep their disadvantage of only being able to support cities of the same God, but in return they will be more efficient in combat than usual units.

this is amazing, bring on the myths!

i know that when i first started playing i could not WAIT to build things like medusas and centaurs, so to make them more accessible will just be happiness (not the hera kind) in the bag for a lot of players, new and old i'm sure ;)

DeletedUser

Anything that lets me build a manti nuke in less than 5 years is an improvement! :p

DeletedUser

I would make the Erinyes' attack more powerful than it already is :D

DeletedUser

Erinyes' attack power is terrible, slingers are better per pop. ;)

DeletedUser

Less favor sounds amazing, maybe lower temple levels as well then?? also i would buff all land going troops stats more than the flying ones, as at the moment people are to scared to send say, an erinyes nuke, because it could just get taken out with a bireme wall easily. We need to entice people to use land attack mythical's more.

DeletedUser345

This great news I do love my myth units - kudos inno.

DeletedUser

Ye. at the moment the envoy is completely uselss, they could use a boost.

DeletedUser

maybe they can be some kinda land trireme not the best (although not as useless as they are now) at attacking or defending, but decent at both and really fast?

DeletedUser345

Or alternatively big looters, that would give people reason to use them. I do believe they specifically said that envoy would be something that is rebalanced didn't they?

DeletedUser

Without the ability to fly, envoys have always assumed a "emergency supplement" position in my strategic playbook. To only dish them out when the respective city is under threat of a conquest. This undermines the potential of the unit. Furthermore, making them large looters only makes them useful in the early game when farming is most prevalent. To ensure their usefulness in the late game, their stats should be re-balanced as Pyth has suggested, with looting potential modestly upgraded.

The hydra also needs to be reworked to be superior to a fully built Light Ship Nuke. They take astronomically more time to build. Like Mantis nukes, they should at least be a more useful tool in breaking sieges or large defense stacks.

Cyclops and Minotaur should also be reevaluated for their battle statistics. I can't recall anyone of my close friends who have built either of these units for several months now, except for when bored or find they have a surplus of favor.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36743

To my mind the most important problem with Mythical units is 'favor'...

As favor cannot be stored beyond 500 (inno folks this needs looking at as well!!).... even a player with 100 cities can make but a few Myth units at a time.... thus making it such that its virtually not scalable.... ie anyone can make but a few (if that) at a time... and time as we know is of essence...

Thus the favor requirement of Myth units needs to be reduced drastically so as to make then attractive to all

DeletedUser25380

Needing less favor will be great.

Envoy: currently balanced hybrid, only useful in early game and to attack the 5th village (this way not needing the horsemen research), could keep it a good early game unit if had more looting; wouldn't be enough to make it worthwhile in later game but that's OK. Its other function is to use favor otherwise wasted. Other option: could be used more as an emergency unit if was really fast to build.

Hydra, minotaurs, cyborg: are pretty useless currently, need rebalancing. Centaurs aren't that great either.
Good idea mentioned above about making the non-flying units somehow more resistant (erinyes).

DeletedUser

Honestly speaking, i consider Mystical Units as a waste, because usually normal units are more effective in resource cost/strength relation and also don't cost any favour (and you can spend favour on spells). The only exception for me are Manticores - but they need Temple 15 and plenty favor per hour to be bothered with building them.

Maybe i would be more inclined build Myth if i could do it not in barracks but in Temple though (= simultaneously with recruiting land units).

DeletedUser25380

I find some mythical units currently very valuable.

Pegasus: they are the fastest unit (and by far), and have good balance defence values, so always good to have on hand in revolt world when you don't have many hours left to reach the city to defend. Occasionally can serve as a harbour spy (flying attack). Also the barracks don't have to be very high.
Cerberus: big defence against distance, so their value is good while the slingers are the most used unit. Mix it with archers and you get a really good defence.
Mantis: great attackers and don't need boats (so less pop needed), however are very costly in favor. Are also a good harbour spy as you need only send a couple of mantis.
Harpies: good attackers and cheap, good loot value, and the lowest barrack level needed, making it also a good unit earlier in the game as well. Good cheap harbor spy too (and only 14 pop).

DeletedUser

Maybe i would be more inclined build Myth if i could do it not in barracks but in Temple though (= simultaneously with recruiting land units).
i like the idea.

decreasing the favour requirement would be great love that idea.

also as mentioned land myth units need a bigger buff and making full nuke of hydra better than ls nuke would be great.