New god ideas

DeletedUser

Anyone have any cool ideas for a god if so please list below be realistic. List the general 4 divine spells and 2 mythical units.

DeletedUser

Ares

Divine spells:
Chariot Ride: 200 favor
Ares sends his chariot to carry your troops to the battle!
Result: Your land troops move 50% faster and gain 5% attack bonus

The Blessing of Ares: 300 favor
Ares gives his blessing to your soldiers and they run into battle with a new found power.
Results: Your Land troops and mythical units except for the hydra are given 15% attack bonus

Divine Fighters: 100 favor
Ares sends brave warriors to fight for your city!
Result: Your city receives 10 slingers!

Mythical units:

Wild Boar:
The Wild Boar is a massive animal with powerful tusks
Favor : 400
Farm Space:50
Attack: 500 Blunt, 500 Sharp
Speed:10
Defense
Range:400
Spear:300
Blunt :500

The Birds of Ares
The birds that guard The Temple of Ares. The Fly above and shoot feathers as arrows.
Favor : 10
Farm space 1
Attack: 27 distance
Speed :20 flying
Defense
Range:5
Spear:6
Blunt :2

Will add more

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes I know I had a discussion with one of the mods and they had a dumb reason that I couldn't post it. Oh well. I guess I will have to keep my genius to myself.

DeletedUser4013

Considering that there are really only another 6 possible Olympian gods that could be added, this thread will not likely remain open for too long. As an Idea, this is considered to be a part of the 'Do Not Suggest' category.

I will allow discussion of it for a bit, but if it dies, then I will close the thread. Please do not create a new thread if that happens.

DeletedUser23697

I think some of the spells you have mentioned give too much of a benefit for not that much favor For example the one that gives you ten slingers should be at least 150 favor and the one that gives you a 15% attack bonus should be 350 favor but otherwise some good ideas!

DeletedUser12667

The Birds of Ares
The birds that guard The Temple of Ares. The Fly above and shoot feathers as arrows.
Farm space 1
Defense

Personally I like the flying ranged attack. It would be nice to see it or a similar flying ranged attack myth.

DeletedUser

hey imagine a flying ranged attack from like 15 feet away. how could a swordsman or any other unit, beat that unless he grows wings or something :)

i say instead of artemis there should have been ares the god of war considering this is a war game after all. artemis's spells and myth units are ok except that illusion thing that will be used to troll around instead of sending real attacks

DeletedUser

Hestia

My idea is Hestia. She is a 'minor' Deity, but I think they would still work as she was widely worshiped and Hestia was actually on the God's 'Senate' until Dionysus was born and wanted to join. When she gave up her position for him, it upset the balance between Gods and Goddesses, but she did prevent a war.

Hestia

Divine Spells:

Fire: 400 favor
A great fire sweeps through the intended city and destroys 3 random buildings by 1 level.

Protection of the Hearth: 250 favor
Hestia visits your city and while there, you are under her protection.
Result: Your city will be protected from 1 attack either by troops or spells. It will not protect against a colony ship though. This spell can be built up so that you can defend up to 10 attacks. The troops that you are protected from will just bounce back to their original city as if they had completed their attack.

Defensive Flames: 200 favor
While being attacked, flames rise up around your walls and protect your city.
Result: Your defensive units fight 15% better

Hestia's Protection: 300 favor
Hestia sends you through a portal in her flames, and your army travels through to their enemy safely.
Result:Your troops cannot be effected by enemy spells while attacking.

Mythical Units:

Phoenix
The phoenix is a fiery bird with tongues of fire shooting from its skin.
Favor: 450
Farm Space: 100
Wood: 20000
Rock: 10000
Silver Coins: 15000

Speed: 75; Flying
Attack Distance: 1800
Attack Sharp: 900
Defense Range: 500
Defense Sharp: 1000
Defense Blunt: 950

Fiery Wraith
A burning wraith that rises from flames by spells of a powerful priestess of Hestia
Favor: 100
Farm Space: 5
Wood: 9000(need wood burning to create)
Stone: 5000
Silver Coins: 7500

Speed: 17; Land
Attack Blunt: 50
Defense Range: 20
Defense Sharp: 15
Defense Blunt: 75

DeletedUser

about hestia's spells.

Fire - this one is in fact equivalent with 3 zeus' bolts. But will render 3 damages for 400 favor instead than 1 damage for 200 favor. Which will make it a better similar spell than zeus' bolt. Better either change zeus' bolt or put another spell here. As it is, no.

Defensive Flames - this one is in fact a better version for defense of athena's heroic power. This will give the defender another bonus to the ones he has. If attacker will cast heroic power he'll get 10% bonus, and will be less gain than the 15% the defender gets, so 5% more advantage for the defender, in worst case. In best case, the defender will get 15% for this spell then he'll be able to cast desire on attacking troops, getting another 10%, so 25% gain. This spell will imbalance more the battles since the defender already have enough bonusese. So no.

Hestia's Protection - this one does something without any other bonus that other spells do already with bonus. So don't see the point of it. No.

Therefore, in my opinion, these spells are not useful at all.

I must also say that "portals" got to my heart though :D

DeletedUser22115

i agree The fire spell will make the Zeus bolt very unpopular as you can destroy 3 buildings for 400 where as Zeus bolt destroys 1 building for 200 favor

3 buildings destroyed=400 favor
1 building destroyed=200 favor

i know it sounds good but it would not be used.

DeletedUser345

The Birds of Ares
Farm space 1
Defense

How can nobody else notice how overpowered this is? 27 attack strength per farm space without the need of transports? Manticores have 21 attack per farm space and they require 405 favour let only the 10 that you said. Imagine how quickly you could produce this unbelivably powerful nuke.

DeletedUser22115

with a 20 temple you can start building them every hour

DeletedUser4013

How can nobody else notice how overpowered this is? 27 attack strength per farm space without the need of transports? Manticores have 21 attack per farm space and they require 405 favour let only the 10 that you said. Imagine how quickly you could produce this unbelivably powerful nuke.

All part of the reason why new gods are a DNS in Ideas.

DeletedUser

I had a rough plan for Hephaustus, a while back.. but really, there isn't much point adding new Gods. There's already one new God, in the Hero worlds, and most of the potential spell bonuses are in place with one or other of the current Gods. With the exception of new God mythical units, there isn't much to be added. Mythical units are pretty unused as it is, so not really worth going to the trouble of adding new Gods if they aren't going to be used past the first few weeks, when the hype of them being added has died down.