new home

DeletedUser14937

I find that if the dreaded egg timer appears, if it doesn't go away after a short while I just refresh the page, normally whatever command I clicked was done.

DeletedUser

This lag issues seriously need fixing. I believe the developers need to look into 2.0 design and probably move forward with the 1.0 engine to solve these issues. If this is not addressed, I do believe Innogames rapidly will lose out an whole bunch of paying customers. Not what we as customers want, and not what Innogames as a company would want. So I hope these issues have been escalated to the appropriate level within Innogames management.

cheers,
enga

DeletedUser16274

Does Innogames perform any performance testing, or functional testing of any sort, before release?

DeletedUser

Does Innogames perform any performance testing, or functional testing of any sort, before release?

Yes there is a Beta test server where they tested 2.0, the issue is that they were finding bugs continuously! and still updated.

They are testing hero worlds there now.

T

DeletedUser

I am sure they do some testing, but obviously the test coverage is not extensive enough. Furthermore I do believe they do need to look in to software configuration management processes they have in place. In any other business this would have been a rollback to previous version by now.

But without processes in place that might be hard to achieve. What is happening now might very well break the back of Grepolis as a commercial venture. I would hate to see it happening, but the process has already been set in motion...

DeletedUser

Is it just me or is getting worse? Im getting more response errors and longer load times every day, if they think im ever paying for premium again they have rocks in there heads.

DeletedUser17632

I know there is beta testing, but beta test worlds are where the players start from scratch?
As soon as v2 was applied to worlds where players have dozens, or even hundreds, of cities each, the terrible performance issues manifested themselves.

We seem to be lacking volume testing for major releases.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

easy way to achieve volume test would have been to duplicate a few of the major 1.x worlds. and maybe also use automated stress testing tools to simulate large user volumes.

DeletedUser

@ enga

Check the general tab. I have set up some instructions to modify your firewall settings and it should increase your connection speed for grepo exponentially.

The lags will almost all disappear.

DeletedUser

Alterra, I'm on vac mode due to the problems with grepo. I can't even log in to check or do anything with my current connection. It has been like this since they fixed the trade time bug on the 26 or 27th.

And as far as I know, I don't have any firewall setup at all here. Usually do have back home, but will see how that works in a couple of days time.

cheers,
enga

Looking forward to get back to do some serious kicking!!!

DeletedUser

ive found another new home aswell now in LoO and i must admit i rather like it:) how about you SE. do you like my new home?

DeletedUser

ive found another new home aswell now in LoO and i must admit i rather like it:) how about you SE. do you like my new home?
LOL i bet there most annoyed at you lucky you have nothing to worry about when SE is concerned :D

DeletedUser

im more threatened by there silence in here than there lack of spine to give me a fight in game. never mind. maybe i'll up sticks again and move everything somewhere else! lol

that would be such a pain but if thats the only way to find a war then i'll have to consider it! hahaha