Passed New Idea For Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser20429

Proposal: When someone -reps or +reps you, you can see who did it because it will say their name and then their comment.

Reason: This would eliminate a person being able to -rep you and then not knowing who did it because they don't have guts to sign it. No more comments like Noob in minus rep

Details: Pretty simple all that has to be done is: When you go to user CP the list of recent reps you have has the name of the player who did the rep and then their comment.

Visual Aids: I will see if I can get some

Balance/Abuse Prevention: It's a forum idea so it's not game related. Meaning it can't be abused

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12571

While I'm sure this is something a lot of users would like, there's no real need for it. People will confront one another and cause arguments.

DeletedUser

(just noticed that its impossible to have posted this in the correct section)

i very much dislike this, and this is because either it will cause too many arguments and rep wars (like EQ pointed out), or most people sign their rep (like metalcore pointed out) . . . also its not that hard to figure out who it is some of the times . . . and also if they neg rep and dont sign they arent a prominent person in our community, so they either deal very little damage to ur rep or need a big hug from their parents :D

moved to re-vote discussions, because it deals with the forums

DeletedUser20429

Okay bit wierd how it hasn't even been voted on so it shouldn't even be in re vote???

DeletedUser

it is in re-vote discussion because its a discussion and will be voted on at a later date (today, tomorrow, next month, next year, etc, etc) i dont want it to drown in another section . . . think of it as the island of misfit ideas :D

DeletedUser

I also disagree with this proposal.

Reason: The only reason people want to see who did it is to go back to that post and -rep the person that -rep'd them. It has no significant value to enhance the forum. ;)
Also, as Equan has pointed out this will cause many arguments between the players as they disagree with the -rep they received. Such as life. ;)

DeletedUser

I'd like to see it implemented. I have a feeling a lot less - rep would be handed out and it allow the rep system to hopefully serve a purpose. Here is part of my reps, 1 person signed. Oddly enough he - repped me because someone de repped him signing my name. Aren't several of those de-reps against forum policies as well?

DeletedUser

A no from me.

There's no need to know who gives you positive or negative rep. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about your posts, and it's up to them whether they tell you who they are. Is rep really so important that you need to know who gives you negative rep? All it means is that they disagreed with your post, or didn't like what you had to say.. So what?

Besides, it's not like the reputation system actually does what it should, which is reflect the quality of a person's posts, what with threads like "rep the person above you", where all people need to do is spam the thread in order to have people rep them.

DeletedUser

Yes.
Reason: some people give rep without an actual reason, just because they dislike a person. That way, the -rep-ed person will be able to see that and report someone for only haunting him on forum and -rep him.

DeletedUser

At the risk of being given negative rep, I've never received -rep so never had any signed or unsigned. Only 4/8 of the +rep that I've received have been signed (plus one from someone whose comment made it obvious who they are).

Perhaps have an optional check-box, when giving another player rep, to show your identity? This would at least prevent people signing other people's names, and would make it easier for those of us who sign our rep.

DeletedUser20429

At the risk of being given negative rep, I've never received -rep so never had any signed or unsigned. Only 4/8 of the +rep that I've received have been signed (plus one from someone whose comment made it obvious who they are).

Perhaps have an optional check-box, when giving another player rep, to show your identity? This would at least prevent people signing other people's names, and would make it easier for those of us who sign our rep.

That wrecks the whole point. Right now they have the option to sign it or not that is exactly the same as this^^^^

DeletedUser12571

I think he was referring to something like the picture below (yes, for those who don't know, the senior team can see who reps them). An option (a tick box, maybe) would be available to select, if a person wishes to, when repping someone. The comment box would still be there to fill in and this would stop people signing rep as someone else.

Repcopy.png

DeletedUser

I think he was referring to something like the picture below (yes, for those who don't know, the senior team can see who reps them). An option (a tick box, maybe) would be available to select, if a person wishes to, when repping someone. The comment box would still be there to fill in and this would stop people signing rep as someone else.

Repcopy.png

But going further, why giving the option and not imposing signature?
No button, signed automatically.

DeletedUser12571

Valid Reasons have already been stated in this thread. Please read through and you'll see.

DeletedUser19554

I don't agree with you that often

but i do here

DeletedUser

Valid Reasons have already been stated in this thread. Please read through and you'll see.
i did, but didn't convinced me.
unsigned -rep.... so to say, i don't like people who just spit you in the back and then run so you don't know who they are. if you have something to say against someone, then have the guts to say it in his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.