Passed New Idea For Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser19554

i disagree with you the optional check box is the best thing

DeletedUser20429

I like the #20 post. I am sick of scaredy cats not signing their -rep. If they had the balls they know I would retaliate so they hide in the crowd which annoys me! Not to mention somebody signed as ~The Devil I mean who does that???

DeletedUser12571

i did, but didn't convinced me.
unsigned -rep.... so to say, i don't like people who just spit you in the back and then run so you don't know who they are. if you have something to say against someone, then have the guts to say it in his face.
If a person likes a post you make, they +rep you, if they dislike it, they -rep you. If people are childish and do it for no other reason than to spite you, then act maturely and ignore it. If you are offended by someone's comment then report it.
Allowing users to see who reps them will lead to confrontations and inevitably infraction points.
I like the #20 post. I am sick of scaredy cats not signing their -rep. If they had the balls they know I would retaliate so they hide in the crowd which annoys me! Not to mention somebody signed as ~The Devil I mean who does that???
Thank you for epitomising my point.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Only thing worse than unsigned rep is the people who whinge about it on the forums and use ALL CAPS to make sure that everyone knows how upset they are about 1 or 2 unsigned reps. If this idea goes through people will just make threads about the player who gave them the rep.

DeletedUser

I think he was referring to something like the picture below (yes, for those who don't know, the senior team can see who reps them). An option (a tick box, maybe) would be available to select, if a person wishes to, when repping someone. The comment box would still be there to fill in and this would stop people signing rep as someone else.

Repcopy.png

That was exactly what I was thinking of, thank you.

Giving an option for a signature to be displayed means that those who wish to do so can let the person know who is giving them +/-reputation. Those who wish not to do so can keep their anonymity.

In my eyes, the reputation system is a way of showing your opinion of other people's posting. There's a reason why you can only give +/-rep for individual posts, not the poster themselves.. people would intentional give -rep to those they dislike, or those who give them -rep. That shouldn't be how it is. Sure, people get round it by +/-'repping' a random post by the person they wish to give it to, but oh well.

Rambling a point.. my point is, reputation isn't so important that it must be made visible who gives what. Let people have their opinion, without feeling obliged to "retaliate".

DeletedUser20429

Also I have a question? How the hell does someone -rep or +rep you and the thread says N/A ????

DeletedUser

Also I have a question? How the hell does someone -rep or +rep you and the thread says N/A ????

When the thread has been deleted after being -/+repped.

For example, I got this nice bit of -rep after reporting a spammer posting a referral link.. the thread has since been deleted, so there's no link to it, just "N/A".

GFi9S.png

DeletedUser20429

Oh Thanks :) I guess I will have to find the person who constantly gives me minus rep calling me an idiot. This means WAR! And I know who is doing it.

DeletedUser

also that happens wen the thread is no longer viewable by u

DeletedUser20429

At the risk of being given negative rep, I've never received -rep so never had any signed or unsigned. Only 4/8 of the +rep that I've received have been signed (plus one from someone whose comment made it obvious who they are).

Perhaps have an optional check-box, when giving another player rep, to show your identity? This would at least prevent people signing other people's names, and would make it easier for those of us who sign our rep.

This is a good idea. I will change my first post.

DeletedUser

I didn't know that when you repped you it was anonymous. You could also place the optional check box in the settings of your profile. Though I don't think anybody should take rep that seriously.

DeletedUser

Though I don't think anybody should take rep that seriously.

Very true. Forum reputation has no real impact on the game or the forum, so it baffles me why people take it so seriously.

I can't remember actually posting in this thread but as an add-on to the 'optional check box' thing, bear in mind that that wouldn't actually solve the issue of random -Reps because people would still be free to not sign their reputation.

DeletedUser20429

Well look at you Corithian you have a large Green rep therefore if you say something people are more likely to go along with it then say if someone who has 5 bars of red rep. Get my point? The more green rep someone has the more people like them and respect them.

DeletedUser

Well look at you Corithian you have a large Green rep therefore if you say something people are more likely to go along with it then say if someone who has 5 bars of red rep. Get my point? The more green rep someone has the more people like them and respect them.

I already understand that, and it may be true, but my question would be: Why?

Just because I have some fancy green bars below my username, that doesn't mean my posts are any more important than those of a new poster with one gray bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.