Not a poll - who would you join?

DeletedUser

lol my rant is over ;)

back on track :)

who would you join if you weren't in your alliance? :)

DeletedUser

this is slightly a different question than the original one.

I dont remember what were the choices at my original city back than.
The only think I remember is - I was searching to join some enemy of The Black Guards (or something like that)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

LOL

I have no clue who TBE is at war with now or who they are allied with.

You take offense to 1/10 of my post the rest you ignore

a REAL challenge is what I stated...

We can mince words on the past and words or how it actually is.... your perception is that Evo is Grand and blah blah blah.... my perception of it is quite polar. That Miss you can take to the bank. Your judgement is yours mine is mine.

The only fact I will give is in every game where a super huge Force goes against smaller segments, the only possible solution is for the smaller segments band together or slowly crumble one by one. Either way is soooooooooooooo god awful boring. Otherwise I would have taken you up on your offer for me to join Evo.

The POST was what Alliance I would like to have... well the Alliance that I would like to have does not exist. Because too many of IOTA want to try and PIT one side against the OTHER.... I say F all that and get a small "merc" group against EVERYONE.

Would my new Alliance have Jennesis or Princesslozza in it... no it would not. Not because they are bad or anything quite the contrary I think you both are great players, but you are on the other side of the world.

DeletedUser

sorry I put D12 together.
Enas said that we were pacted with 70% of the server, clearly we are not. You know it would be really refreshing if for once someone said 'hey, you know what, Evo aren't that bad, they've some good players, they've worked hard and maybe the deserve their place on Iota.' :p

The truth of the matter is that I am not "incorrect" the total points are within another thread and it was done.

65mil vs 43 mil (and of those 43 mil we send 0 support to the south and they send 0 to us in the north)

You guys send into a combined forum support (the option is there) and even those on the other side of the world can send favors in by the droves...

Look it is semantics your position is to defend what you have no matter what is the truth... you do not need any more decent within your ranks.

My position is simply stating past experience with other games. This type of play usually happens in every other game and by your own admission has happened here.

Like I said 2 courses of action usually happen:
-All Alliances get overwhelmed because they are just that smaller, uncoordinated, RL, etc etc
-In VERY VERY VERY rare instances they can band together and bring down the juggernaut (as is quite obvious that is just NOT going to happen)

You want to hate on what I am saying that is your opinion but 65Mil vs 43Mil bottom line is not 70% but is more like 60-65% vs 40-35%

But of that 40-35% what percentage of them are actually playing and are not just fillers, if you make the same argument for Evo... then I go back to a previous post where I say why is Iota hurting oh so bad?

DeletedUser

Come on Enas, lets keep with the subject.
We can open another thread "how much % of the world is evos friends"

DeletedUser

My dream alliance to join:

a hybrid like Iceblade stated....

Criteria:
-All local to eachother
-15 - 20 people all active
-0 pacts
-At war with ALL other IOTA alliances close or far
-Respectful and candid (douche bags need not apply)

just go on skill and play and not MRA style tactics to win... if 75% of the server is friendly or in your pocket then what is the point.

If you are a 1% trully elite squad well then you are "something" not a whole lot of nothing...

Sorry Lozza, Roky, Jennesis the concept of Evo and having pacts with a total of 70 - 75% of the server to bully the other 25 - 30% is just simply FAIL... it is like that in every game I have ever played. I did it in Holy War (another this type of game) hated it.... winning felt just cheap. So butting against the "top dog" always gave me satisfaction.

Oh well. Again my 2¢

Come on Enas, lets keep with the subject.
We can open another thread "how much % of the world is evos friends"

See Above brotha. The fact it evolved into another argument takes not just me...

so in your statement include the other parties involved. Singling me out is tacky.

DeletedUser

They surely jumped on you immidiately, they normally cant help it when somebody says something not nice about them (and the more true it is the more agressively they react, I know this from my own experience :)).
but at least Lozza tryied to get back on subject.

DeletedUser

The truth of the matter is that I am not "incorrect" the total points are within another thread and it was done.

65mil vs 43 mil (and of those 43 mil we send 0 support to the south and they send 0 to us in the north)

You guys send into a combined forum support (the option is there) and even those on the other side of the world can send favors in by the droves...

Look it is semantics your position is to defend what you have no matter what is the truth... you do not need any more decent within your ranks.

My position is simply stating past experience with other games. This type of play usually happens in every other game and by your own admission has happened here.

Like I said 2 courses of action usually happen:
-All Alliances get overwhelmed because they are just that smaller, uncoordinated, RL, etc etc
-In VERY VERY VERY rare instances they can band together and bring down the juggernaut (as is quite obvious that is just NOT going to happen)

You want to hate on what I am saying that is your opinion but 65Mil vs 43Mil bottom line is not 70% but is more like 60-65% vs 40-35%

But of that 40-35% what percentage of them are actually playing and are not just fillers, if you make the same argument for Evo... then I go back to a previous post where I say why is Iota hurting oh so bad?

I think it's time for you to quit Enas. You're obviously not having fun. The fact of the matter is, points mean relatively little when it comes to fighting a war. It's about how effective those points are...not just that they exist.

I don't really see that Iota is hurting so bad either. That seems to be your problem. You're unhappy with your game and projecting it on the entirety of the server. Sorry it didn't live up to your expectations but we're not really here to please you.

DeletedUser

I think it's time for you to quit Enas. You're obviously not having fun. The fact of the matter is, points mean relatively little when it comes to fighting a war. It's about how effective those points are...not just that they exist.

I don't really see that Iota is hurting so bad either. That seems to be your problem. You're unhappy with your game and projecting it on the entirety of the server. Sorry it didn't live up to your expectations but we're not really here to please you.

Awww honey I did quit the game the fact I came back is I got bored at work and figured why not check out grepolis like many other interested parties have in the past.

Please stop taking what I say as a personal attack, IT SOOOOOOO is not. and Jenn I am not looking to be pleased, not by a long shot. Like I said your position is to uphold your alliance. Mine is to state plainly what I have seen before. Not for any gain or deficit on my part... just because well I guess seeing it happen over and over sooo many times it has become annoying.

Again regardless I have always liked you and Lozza. I differ in opinion of you. You state your opinions I state mine and we live on.

Do not take offense that is beneath you.

As the great Bobby McFerrin has said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bNE-5TVAmg

DeletedUser

ok you set me off again ;) hehe

your perception is that Evo is Grand and blah blah blah.... my perception of it is quite polar. That Miss you can take to the bank. Your judgement is yours mine is mine.

Actually I have never suggested Evo is grand. I don't go bragging around about Evo, puffing my chest out and saying 'Evo are the best and we are gonna rim you all' or any of that nonsense. I've dont think I've ever called them Elite.

I didn't aim to end up in the top ranked alliance, it wasn't my ambition when starting Iota.. in fact I actually turned down invites to the ranked 1 and 2 alliances to join an alliance called black hole which was ranked something like 30th. I then joined Athenians, which was ranked 6th, purely because black hole was recruiting mainly in 45 and I was a little too far.

I didn't plan on creating Evo, but I got to know the LEGION players very well we came friends and it seemed natural to join up and create an alliance that we wanted. We've had some ups and downs, made some mistakes along the way but I wouldn't change where I am now. I don't play to be the best, I'll never be ranked no.1, I play to have fun with people I like who want to play a similar game. I don't see Evo like you do, I see my friends. I mail my squad all the time, chatting and joking.. I sit on skype and chat with a number of people, me and Jen probably chat as much as our RL friends some days lol That is what makes Evo good for me... not the points, or the ABP or any of that rubbish.

The only fact I will give is in every game where a super huge Force goes against smaller segments, the only possible solution is for the smaller segments band together or slowly crumble one by one. Either way is soooooooooooooo god awful boring. Otherwise I would have taken you up on your offer for me to join Evo.
We're so spread out now that we really don't have this issue, we did early days and for sometime, but nearly all of us have frontline cities attacking decent alliance that hit us as much as we hit them. Our DBP is as good as our ABP.. we aren't sat here being turtles or going around attacking the little guys, we get as much as we give out atm.. and it's fun :)

Just for the record, we have no shared forums at all. D12, TD or any other alliance have never supported us and we do not ask. Yes we have pacts with them, but we do not do joint ops or joint support. I get what you say about the points, but the other alliance, do joint ops, do joint support and have shared forums. In my opinion this out weighs some of the point advantage.

yes I don't disagree that Evo has a decent slice of the world and has taken the shape of many worlds where a couple of alliances dominate.

In VERY VERY VERY rare instances they can band together and bring down the juggernaut (as is quite obvious that is just NOT going to happen)
That is the first time I've heard anyone say that, I thought it was a given that coalition would eventually wear down Evo and win ;)

Iota hurting oh so bad
actually I don't think Iota is hurting so bad. I love Iota and so do many of our enemies. I'm south so I'll only comment on them, but Bad company seem to be having a great time on Iota and Little brother has often commented how Evo made it fun for them again :) In fact I think even TBE said that fighting Evo is the best thing.

You said you like being the underdog, hitting the fat cat at the top, or words to that effect lol Well Iota is perfect for you surely? I'm not sure you'd want the 'other' world.. they tend to have maybe 5 alliance that are good and at the same level and not 1 dominating, they either ignore each other and each pick of the smaller alliances around them or they go against each other, someone wins and they become the nominating force and then they are right back to Evo.

DeletedUser14937

I would join The Black Pearl, because I really want to see what a fail alliance's forum looks like :p!