NuNews Issue 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

:pro:NuNews:pro:
15th January 2010

Welcome

Welcome to the 3rd issue of NuNews. This is written with a hangover so please forgive any silly errors :p We have a new addition to the paper with Aunty Sapphie our grepolis Agony Aunt which I am sure you will all enjoy! We also hear some news from outside the core.​

Finally Moving
The world is finally picking up. Conquering is starting and people are fighting! mAsTeRiTy STILL tops the rankings with Shadows Fall dominating the top 12 while Byzantine Empire occupy top spot in the alliance rankings. Both of them also top the ABP rankings so maybe these two will clash at some point? Wars should also be starting to heat up so if anyone has any news on war declarations etc please let me know!

(dip)Out The Core(dip)
Everyone goes on about the core alliances so I thought it would be good to grab an interview and see how one of the outer core alliances are doing. I spoke to christopheratheist from the Epsilon alliance. This guy is also the founder of the Sapphire Sorrows fan club which you will see in the interview.

So you are based in O33 a distance out from the core of the world.
Yes, I have no plans of expanding out of Ocean 33, More expanding to the center. Although I have yet to decide if I will expand south west into ocean 44

Where do you rank in Epsilon?
I am currently on the "leadership" as a Forum Moderator. Although my input is noted by some of those higher up command

How are you finding it so far in this world and how is the alliance?
This world has been a slow start, and to be honest I would have prefered to have been in a better position than I am currently, however with that said it has not been to bad to date. The alliance in itself is not bad, it has some down points which I would like to see corrected and possibly some outcomes I can see from discussions which if I has a say on would not even be held, however having said that can you name an alliance without bad sides? Either way in actions past it is now known that we do support each other and send aide to members in need, although that does not give anyone a green flag to just stand there and expect us to defend them without helping themselves. The fluffy bunnies learnt this early on.

Pink Fluffy Bunnies?
Yes, they inhabit Ocean 33, although I am pretty sure they have members outside the ocean.

So you have already had a bit of a skirmish?
Me personally no, however they did at one point and I believe now have an issue with one of our members, it was not long untill they moved up a bit, although they did end up sending us a mail, which I think the world may find interesting.

Can we see it?
Golfnut2099 today at 2:41 AM
It is good to see that there is an alliance out there that will support a member who is being constantly attacked by a jerk on his island.

In Lambda, I am attacking the members of three "Brother" alliances. All I get back is threats that they will "KILL" me.

You are safe for a while, 73 horse will take a while to rebuild.
I personally think that this shows the incompetancy of the person involved however to say that would be to slate one of my alliance, and thus I should probably keep this down a bit.

On the topic your alliance, you are based over four oceans does it not worry you?
Technically yes. This is one of the issues that is worrying me, and I am trying to negotiate with the leaders, however you have to remember, when it comes to alliances that are close to me, I had a choice between alliances that are based over four or more oceans, and thus I do not have a big say in things. I am worried that due to this distance of spread that we will eventually become an MRA although I believe there is a cap on membership.

you mean the alliance cap of 200 or do you mean you have a different cap to that?
I mean a cap the alliance has given itself of 60 although I have become aware of people trying to revoke this

60 is a nice cap
Agreed, but on a four ocean split, it is also bad

What are the future plans for the alliance? Expansion wise?
I can not talk much about this, but what I can say is that we have split the alliance into sections and appointed a commander for each, this way we will work together and expand in to each other, as well as in a circle shape, the idea of the circle is because it gives us strong positions towards the center, and allows for efficient defence.

Sounds like a good plan
Yes, well untill its done, no matter how good a plan sounds, it ultimately can fail.

Do you keep up to date with the rest of the world? How do you think you compare to the top alliances in this world?
I try to keep up with the happenings of the world, generally my news comes from the forums, or certain individuals that I like to quiz about their respective areas. However with regards to how do we compare with the top alliances, I would like to argue that many of the top alliances are due to fail. Out of the top Alliances I only see three of worth, Sugar and Spice, Shadows fall and Water Treatment Facility, although with it worried me that they accepted Mutzzy, but he has been removed so it is no longer important to my decision. That being said I think we can't really compare ourselves to the top as it's to early to say come back to me in two or three months and I will be able to supply an answer of worth

Ok I will wrap it up about now but do you have anything else you wish to add? Anything you want the Nu world to know about?
Hmmm, there is nothing that is pressing me with this question, however I would like to extend a formal invitation to the Sapphire Sorrows Fan club.
The fan club can be found here - http://forum.en.grepolis.com/group.php?groupid=316

Are you the only member so far?
well with everything, its a new club, and so it is low on members, but over time these things pick up, I think before long we will see a trend of citys being named Sapphires Slave or the like, and eventually the world of NU, will become the world of Sapph. We have had no real Publicity to date, so I thank you of including this, it may have taken weeks to spread the news of Sapphires Fan Club, but with this we will take the world at once.

I am sure interest will be massive! I will not be joining though.

A View of the World from...
Well this week I was lucky enough to catch up with Brian and see how life has been for him over Christmas and the New Year and found out his future plans.

Hi MrGlenn it is great to be back here with you. I have had a hectic time over the last two weeks. Not long after our first chat I managed to get a horse and pay for training, it was extremely short but tough. Then came my first orders..... To go and incite a revolt which would eventually lead to the town falling under our flag. It was all very emotional for me saying goodbye to each of the 14 children and the wife for what could be the last time. But this is my path in life and I had to see it through, tears were shed but I boarded that boat and began my journey. It was a long long long travel time and spending that time with 100's of men and no ladies for company..... well it changes you but I would rather not say any more about that. When we finally landed at the town we had to smash our way in, and smash the enemy, that was when I felt alive! My time had come to stand and be counted. I stood side by side with my brothers in battle and many of them laid down there lives for the cause. But we prevailed, we destroyed the army based in the town. We knew reinforcements would come and we had to turn the town against it's rulers. Part of the revolt process involved handing leaflets out containing details of the rulers current close relationship with a donkey.... The disgust of that news along with witnessing the bloodshed was enough for them to rise up and revolt. Our job was done, we left in the knowledge that the next army arriving after us would have the town folks on side and seize control. Since then I have been relaxing but I am sure my next adventure is just around the corner.....

DeletedUser

(pop)Aunty Sapphie(pop)
I am glad to welcome Aunty Sapphie to the paper, she is our Agony Aunt and is happy to answer any problems you may have in World Nu. Don't be shy all questions are confidential so no need to worry.

On The Move
I'd be interested in advice on the best way to change alliances since I'm not sure what the etiquette is for doing so here, I am new to Grepolis although I am very experienced in similar games, I started Nu 4 days after it started which placed me quite a bit from the centre which is where most of the best players and alliances are which isn't that surprising given they would have known when the new world was coming out and would have joined within the first day. I know from my previous experience that you can't tell early in the game which alliances are any good unless you already know the players in it so I waited nearly 10 days before choosing which to join and then only after speaking to a few different recruiters, the one I joined was looking pretty good at the time, they seemed to be restricting who they took on and only sending invites after speaking to potential recruits and booted around 10 inactives a few days after I joined but since then it has gone downhill, apparently the vice host got told off for booting those inactives and nobody has been booted since and it now appears that invites are going out to pretty much anybody who doesn't have an alliance without any contact regardless of where they are including people who have only just started which are hundreds of miles from anyone else in the alliance.

I hate changing alliances but they've now gone from a decent alliance to pretty much the worst MRA in the top 12 and I don't feel I have a choice any longer, I've looked at the alliances in my ocean and none of them are worth joining, I am virtually on the border of another ocean though which has 2 alliances that are looking good, I'm also pretty close to the border for another ocean and after seeing the map on the forums today one of the top 5 alliances that is mostly in that ocean that I hadn't previously considered is looking pretty good as well although that one is more likely to lead to conflict with my current alliance given most of those players recruited when it was still being selective are based there.

Should I be leaving my existing alliance before talking to these 3 alliances or is it more normal to talk to other alliances first before leaving, when I do contact them should I also let them know which other alliances I am talking too or is it enough to just let them know that I am speaking to others or even not to mention it at all?

Dear On the Move
If you are unhappy with your alliance, do not be afraid to let them know! A good leader will always listen to those who are not happy, to see if they can improve the situation. Should you not be lucky enough to have one of these members, do not feel that you should have to stay with your alliance. Loyalty is all well and good, but loyalty should only go to those who deserve it. If the time comes for a change, then you should certainly leave your alliance before you inquire after another. Most recruiters will give greater consideration to those who are unallied as that prevents ‘player poaching’ which is often seen as an act of war.
You do not have to mention who you are talking to. Your current alliance does not need to know anything more than you are not happy with how they have changed, and that you will be leaving them. It’s your account you are playing, and they are certainly not your parents so their express permission is not needed.

I hope you do find an alliance that suits you, and also that I have been able to assist you in some way.

Aunty Sapphie

Jean-Paul S
Hi Aunt -- since you don't seem to busy with mail here's one for you. I've really enjoyed your column!!!
Help.
I'm in an MRA and I can't get out! I joined when they asked me really politely and when I was to much of a noob to know the difference between an MRA and an alliance. Now they're saying I can't leave because if I do they'll consider it an act of war and they will come after me with all the sh*t they have and nuke my polis back to the stone age.I've thought about everything including a change of identity with transgender surgery (although I don't know if Hippocrates is actually licensed to do that sort of thing). I can't think of a single way out of my dilemma. Am I stuck in this MRA forever? Is there simply NO EXIT?

Jean-Paul S.

Jean-Paul S, Do not fear! There is a way out. Through this wonderful link, you can work your way through this dreadful problem.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?p=34454#post34454

This link could be very helpful, and I do suggest when you leave your MRA alliance you post in their forum and save as many members as you can.

Do not be afraid of any threats, MRA’s do not have the bite behind their bark. Feel free to join a better alliance. The most any MRA can do is send a few God Power attacks and maybe a wave of Briemes and Swords. Should worst come to worst, and there is an actual Grepolis player in your MRA, be sure to refer them to the ‘Save a n00b’ campaign. They should see the error of their ways and may even join you in your exodus.

Never Fear, there is hope ahead.

~Aunty Sapphie

Timmy, the little fisher boy was found home safe and sound. The time he has not been at his post fishing he has spent in a hill paddock with a Miss Bo. Timmy claims Bo is 'alright, for a girl' and continues to spend time with her. I guess love is in the air for little Timmy, and the fish will have to wait for now. How lovely :)

(P)Record Breakers!(P)
Each issue we will try and recognise those top players & alliances who reach milestones before anyone else! We do not recognise defensive actions as an achievement here at NuNews Here is your list this issue.

mAsTeRiTy - First player to 10k points
MajorDisaster - First player to hit 2k ABP
Shadows Fall - First Alliance to 10k & 25k ABP

So Finally
Thanks for reading Issue 3, and again sorry for the delay in getting it out to you. Any news you can get me ingame (MrGlenn) and I llook forward to seeing you again with Issue 4 at the end of this month!

:pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro:
[/CENTER]

DeletedUser

rofl! Congrats to MrGlenn and Auntie Sapphire for a brilliant edition.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Saph and MrGlenn are a great combo, this issue is just as good if not better than the previous ones. Congrats to you both

DeletedUser

There's plenty more where that come from, thank you all for your support!

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Ahahahahaha sorry guys but I can't support the NuNews anymore, I got a random derep from project vemon so I have to give in to their terrorist attacks on my rep. Hehehehehe jk I will not be swayed from liking this newspaper! Again gratz to you both

DeletedUser

Nicely done MrGlenn! Thank you for taking the time to do this for the benefit of the members of world Nu. I look forward to reading the next installment.

DeletedUser

If this can be mailed to all players is NU... Then that would really make it an News Issue...

DeletedUser345

If this can be mailed to all players is NU... Then that would really make it an News Issue...

That would be impossible, the wasted time sending it to inactives and the whole format would be lost. Though it would be something completly new.

DeletedUser

I mailed the top alliances at the time of the first issue to try and get a contact I could mail the link to and then get them to post the link in each of the top alliance forums.

Only a few took it up though so far...

DeletedUser

that's cool, would you mind if i take your idea on the newspaper so i can keep the alpha forums alive.

They are dead.

DeletedUser

Well Tomas The Magnificent had the idea first but didn't follow up on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.