Milestones of Olynthus

DeletedUser42956

Kadjayuni

I must be wrong here, but isnt the concept to get the win the first one to 4 ww's

first stage
When one alliance completely builds up and controls 4 of the 7 World Wonders then they will have 'won' that world. The alliance that does so will receive the Master of X award, and also be given a 10% increase in their favor cap.

second stage
An alliance can then go on to complete the remaining Wonders to achieve the Ruler of X award.

Now I am going to explain something to you here and why this second stage isnt really important when it comes to things, which perhaps you have a few of these dust collectors as I do which really doesnt mean squat when it boils down to it, but players like to have them.

Grepo really screwed up when it came to these wonders, the victory and crowns should go to the alliance that completes the 4 monuments, then a grace period of three months should be allowed to see if the alliance that got the 4 can complete the 7, if not they should close it.

But that is not what grepo did, they allow the worlds to continue until it drops below 300 people, why? money they can still make off the world for all the players who want crowns. Once the 4 are done, the hard core players usually move on in other alliances due to the fact they want that win and their name on the wall. What does that do? just like now in this world ghost cities are popping up all over the place. Players stick around due to the simple fact of gaining a crown because as the world dies, the monuments are easier to complete and break and rebuild time after time after time. Then you have players who stick around and eat up cities and then pop up into another world and go Oh I had 80 plus cities in this world, which they didnt have till the mass left it to begin with and then claim how great of a player they was, and its usually these players who end up with a crown after the fact when the world was already won or 7 was built and players left opening them back up again.

So within it all, its the alliance or alliances that work together to strive forth and achieve the success to get those first four that really and truely matters for they worked to accomplish it before no one else did that counts. It's not the Oh well you didnt get 7 for there is a lot of the worlds no one gets 7 and only 5 or 6 of them and then grepo closes it gives that award anyways for just 5 or 6 that was built.

It's about the money Kadjayuni, and they give you a simple dust collector called a crown which means thank you for donating your time and money.

It's as simple as that.

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Dwarfthis

DeletedUser

say, why do you feel the need to hide behind your name?
i am not hiding , i have played with you in other worlds and know your true face, bloody trickster who dissolve other alliances
players like you should be kicked off from grepolis, sorry but its true
@dwarf well said !!

DeletedUser

The concept of winning still depends on an individual viewpoint of what winning actually consists of. Anyone can sit there defining things, but each individual's goals and viewpoints differ. What really matters in this game is not any of the mentioned factors, but the reputation you gain within the community from one world to the next. It is this that defines how you are treated as a player in future worlds, not what you have won. It is a well accepted point that anyone can get rewards without being a good player. I could name a few poor players in ToTL that got the "win". The fact that they were part of the team doesn't change their assets as a player going into the next world. In order to truly understand the game you must look beyond individual worlds and see the bigger picture. There is something afoot here that may give large reputation boosts to players that take part but that series of events has not transpired yet.

i am not hiding , i have played with you in other worlds and know your true face, bloody trickster who dissolve other alliances

get your facts right, I have never dissolved any alliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

wow kadyajuni my facts are all true , well thats past
what i see is your present state which make me laugh at you

DeletedUser

who? What world are you even on about. I have never come across an alliance with that name.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
If you two girls want to discuss about this, then do it in private otherwise I'll just mass delete all these posts and possibly hand out a warning.

DeletedUser18700

I think main the problem with the wonders is that players have two different goals, those who want to get the four wonders and those who want all seven and I think it's a shame that when one is achieved i.e the four that some players drop off the world which makes it a bit less competative for those who want to get seven. I personally think that it's to the detriment of all worlds when when people start leaving while it is still active and that inno should make it either seven or four and just scrap the half way point. Just my thoughts anyway. But both sets of goals are a worth while achievement if that's what the induvidual player set out to do.

DeletedUser42956

I think main the problem with the wonders is that players have two different goals, those who want to get the four wonders and those who want all seven and I think it's a shame that when one is achieved i.e the four that some players drop off the world which makes it a bit less competative for those who want to get seven. I personally think that it's to the detriment of all worlds when when people start leaving while it is still active and that inno should make it either seven or four and just scrap the half way point. Just my thoughts anyway. But both sets of goals are a worth while achievement if that's what the induvidual player set out to do.

They will never make it one way or the other TJoD for the simple fact they think they can compensate the players who didnt win with that dust collector for spending all the gold they did. It's like over in appolonia that world should have been closed a long time ago but due to it not falling beneath the 300 player level as the 4 was built and then the 7 have been rebuilt a couple of times now. It's about the money they can generate even if its just the advisors you spend gold on.

That has been my biggest beef since they came out with the monuments, first to 4 monuments which strives for the competitiveness of the world between alliances, award the winner and crowns for doing it and close the dang thing and move on lol this would also help keep crowns from going to players who gather up the dust covered cities and ruins of monuments that have been broken and a decaying world to say Oh I had such and such cities in this world and I have a crown

DeletedUser28898

The concept of winning still depends on an individual viewpoint of what winning actually consists of. Anyone can sit there defining things, but each individual's goals and viewpoints differ. What really matters in this game is not any of the mentioned factors, but the reputation you gain within the community from one world to the next. It is this that defines how you are treated as a player in future worlds, not what you have won. It is a well accepted point that anyone can get rewards without being a good player. I could name a few poor players in ToTL that got the "win". The fact that they were part of the team doesn't change their assets as a player going into the next world. In order to truly understand the game you must look beyond individual worlds and see the bigger picture. There is something afoot here that may give large reputation boosts to players that take part but that series of events has not transpired yet..

Now I understand why there's such a disconnect. "The concept of winning ....an individual viewpoint of what winning actually consists of"? What kind of foolishness is that? Winning is exactly what the rules of any game say, as set by the creators of that game. The NFL has specific rules about what a win consists of. Backgammon has specific rules about what a win consists of. Your viewpoint of it means nothing. Grepo has specific rules about what a win consists of. What an individual's viewpoint is doesn't matter. If it did, then we should say that 4ever moby, who's not even in the world anymore is the true winner, because in "my viewpoint", he was the first player in the world to own an entire island and that should be a win. See how ridiculous that sounds?

You don't like what constitutes a win? Get Grepo to change it, or find a different game. Its that simple. And all this bit of looking beyond individual worlds at the bigger picture, and reputation? That also means nothing. Do you realize how many players have played Grepo under numerous different account names over the years? You never know who is who anymore.

"It is a well accepted point that anyone can get rewards without being a good player. I could name a few poor players in ToTL that got the "win". The fact that they were part of the team doesn't change their assets as a player going into the next world."

And this. Sure there were some. Happens all the time. But it all depends on what you consider assets. Take me, for example. I'm not the best player by a long shot. I do a good job, but I don't have the conquest abilities of a LegionC, or the aggressiveness that you have or the sniping abilities of a djdom. But you know what? I run an efficient, effective Wonders Operation, as anyone who's been with me in the four worlds I've participated in can attest to. You don't think that has a value?

DeletedUser28898

Very true. Make it four or make it seven. The way it is now actually cheapens the seven, because you can't tell whether it was truly earned or just gathered up later. Maybe only award one 4 and one 7? Because if you just make it seven only, you're still going to run into the issue of players leaving once one alliance has 4-5 of the wonders. And you do need to keep in mind, Grepo needs to satisfy all the players, not just the ones that feel like fighting. Making it just seven only appeases those who just want to fight longer.

DeletedUser13315

From all I read...Grepolis team must say loud and clear-the Winner of the World is an alliance which first built 4 World Wonders.All other achievements means nothing.Atm we have a Winner-TOTL*Nordic*The War Pigs.And they can ghost right now because they are the Champions.J.n.c 93,am I right?

DeletedUser28898

Thought you guys said you would quit the server as soon as you got your 4 cause that is all that "mattered"?

That's what you get for listening to Fat Ranga. We said we 'could' just choose to leave.

In fact, lets go back to what Judge of Death said up above, "...players have two different goals, those who want to get the four wonders and those who want all seven...". I already have a crown. My purpose for even starting this world was to get a win with my friends in TOTL. I've got that. Staying for a crown doesn't really serve me any purpose, because Grepo doesn't distinguish between one crown and five. Maybe a nice big "#" over the crown on your profile might better reflect. That way players would stay so they could show 4 or 5 or 7 crowns. Right now, once you've got one, it doesn't matter.

Also, a server win is supposed to give you a 10% favor cap boost. Why shouldn't those be cumulative as well? You start at 500. You win a server, you go to 550. You win a second server, you go to 605 (550+10%). Then you've got INCENTIVE for players to continue on. There's already enough benefits for the gold burners. Why not have something you can actually "EARN" just because of your play?