Question Phoenician Merchant

I don't know if it's me or if there's something odd with the Phoenician Merchant.
Why is it that 99% of his visits to my cities his 'buy one get two' offer always requires the commodity I have least of.

To the player this is pretty useless and whenever the merchant comes to town I just close him down not even bothering to look because I know that he brings the same crap deal EVERY TIME! Why is this? What is the point? I have a feeling there is a more sinister reason for this which involves trying to get people to buy more gold! :eek:

Comments?

Hydna

Grepolis Team
I don't know if it's me or if there's something odd with the Phoenician Merchant.
Why is it that 99% of his visits to my cities his 'buy one get two' offer always requires the commodity I have least of.

To the player this is pretty useless and whenever the merchant comes to town I just close him down not even bothering to look because I know that he brings the same crap deal EVERY TIME! Why is this? What is the point? I have a feeling there is a more sinister reason for this which involves trying to get people to buy more gold! :eek:

Comments?
You think this because when he comes you notice it more if he wants what you dont have. You might be able to work around this by trading with farms to get the right resources. Its actually random.