Please ban gold at world start

Sorin Markov

Phrourach
1686883817830.png

I mean look at this, people with 4 cities less than 48 hours after the world opens. It's completely ridiculous that this game is pay-to-win. We all know how much the first few days of a world feed into a snowball for the rest of the world, so these people that spend a hundred, two hundred, five hundred dollars at the start just take over the world. There's just no chance for free-to-play players to catch up and have a chance in the world. Alliances like Fiasco or Bloods who just have gold whales can sit back and relax as their wallets carry them to victory, no skill required. There needs to be a limit on this and it's disgusting that Innogames will throw away 90% of their playerbase to allow this.

There was no banter going on in this world yet, someone had to do it. I'm not stupid enough to mean this, just ftr.

bugeyes10

Phrourach
Have you tried not being poor?

1096892992872251473.webp

HyKe

Hipparchus
View attachment 16744

I mean look at this, people with 4 cities less than 48 hours after the world opens. It's completely ridiculous that this game is pay-to-win. We all know how much the first few days of a world feed into a snowball for the rest of the world, so these people that spend a hundred, two hundred, five hundred dollars at the start just take over the world. There's just no chance for free-to-play players to catch up and have a chance in the world. Alliances like Fiasco or Bloods who just have gold whales can sit back and relax as their wallets carry them to victory, no skill required. There needs to be a limit on this and it's disgusting that Innogames will throw away 90% of their playerbase to allow this.

There was no banter going on in this world yet, someone had to do it. I'm not stupid enough to mean this, just ftr.
I mean those are ur ally mates, just sit and enjoy the free win

Milkarat

Chiliarch
Have you tried not being poor?

1096892992872251473.webp
It's not really about personal wealth. Some people have money and also want to play a game that is balanced enough that you can't literally buy everything. If you wanna spend your money on a game go ahead, but if it was balanced so you can't instant build everything then more people would be happy with the game. The ones that drop a grand or more every world would still do it because they want to be the best at all cost.
A strategy that more of us should be doing is gold trading every world for a while saving for the one big one that you want to play.

Milkarat

Chiliarch
Wouldn't be surprised if Grep decided to make Hero coins purchasable so we could have a level 20s right out of BP

bugeyes10

Phrourach
It's not really about personal wealth. Some people have money and also want to play a game that is balanced enough that you can't literally buy everything. If you wanna spend your money on a game go ahead, but if it was balanced so you can't instant build everything then more people would be happy with the game. The ones that drop a grand or more every world would still do it because they want to be the best at all cost.
A strategy that more of us should be doing is gold trading every world for a while saving for the one big one that you want to play.
sounds like the words of someone who's poor to me

1096892992872251473.webp

Milkarat

Chiliarch
sounds like the words of someone who's poor to me
Makes sense that you would think that. Being a miser is different then being broke. But IG if you are really rich and have nothing better to do with your life besides play grep.... Some life to have?

*Adasko*

Phrourach
so maybe you want to pay for the game? this is a free game and people who pay a lot of money give you the opportunity to play for free

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus
If i can give my own Opinion.

I have been the strongest opponent of Mass Gold use ever Since Just For Laughs and Fiasco United and so many started playing i would really attack both of these alliances and say that it wasn't fair what was happening in both Conquest and Revolt Worlds but years later now i have to admit that i was wrong.

Its not just the Gold use that is the problem im playing on this world now and in my area there is this alliance that is mass recruiting everyone around them in our Ocean and thats a mess because not many of those players are even playing they are just here for gold, it will make it a lot easier for players from Epic Failures who do use a lot of gold to get here and others like them.

Basically its how people play as well that affect the outcome in the end it isn't really just the gold, its a huge problem, you also need to have a Strategy and avoid Mass hugging, Mass recruiting so on.

Players from the same Alliance or Group Joining a World building up a City and then Ghosting and giving it to their Friends who are invited in that location should be banned i have seen this being done by one group that mass golds a lot and its just not fair :/ other things like this that dont break the rules but in some way arent fair shouldn't be allowed

Criki

Taxiarch
I don't see any issue with gold use as it supports the development and maintenance of the game, I do think that with the limited amount of players dropping on en servers these days that it would be more balanced and enjoyable for everyone to have single branch alliances fighting it out rather than going above the set alliance limits.

Milkarat

Chiliarch
so maybe you want to pay for the game? this is a free game and people who pay a lot of money give you the opportunity to play for free
As far as i can tell nobody here is proposing a ban on gold, they are just proposing to make gold available to be used after beginners protection ends. So people that want to gold can just end beginners protection early.
Also, similar topics always come up about gold use and limitations. They all end up being stupid arguments between each side. There is always a middle ground that can appeal to both sides. I know those of us who have used gold wish we didn't spend as much as we did later on down the road. Gold is here for a reason, so Grepolis can make money and pay employees. Nobody is asking them to work for free as far as I'm aware.
The people that pay in the thousands every world are pretty much guaranteed to find a place in the winning alliance as long as they don't go out of their way to make everyone hate them. The people that pay a couple hundred a world are still paying a lot for a game when you compare it to alternative means of entertainment, but they are at a severe disadvantage right out the gate.
I guess what I'm leading up to is that there is a way for all sides to meet in the middle and nerf gold in some way that isn't the price.

Make golding buildings only cut the time in half is one option that I personally would support.
The OP proposal of blocking gold use till after beginners protection ends is another option, but this option seems pretty bad because all it does is delay the gold use so the gold free players can get disappointed 7 days in instead of 2.
There is a way but it will never be found or implemented, the current system is just a vacuum sucking the cash out of our wallets and grep loves the heck outa that. They feast on the addicted.

jameslongst

Strategos
Dear Grepo Gods,

Please don't let there be all that hugging like last time.

Please send a little real competition and not another MRA to break my chops.

Please make people stop whinging about gold.

Please let Ranga drop next to me.

Thanks for listening.

*Adasko*

Phrourach
As far as i can tell nobody here is proposing a ban on gold, they are just proposing to make gold available to be used after beginners protection ends. So people that want to gold can just end beginners protection early.
Also, similar topics always come up about gold use and limitations. They all end up being stupid arguments between each side. There is always a middle ground that can appeal to both sides. I know those of us who have used gold wish we didn't spend as much as we did later on down the road. Gold is here for a reason, so Grepolis can make money and pay employees. Nobody is asking them to work for free as far as I'm aware.
The people that pay in the thousands every world are pretty much guaranteed to find a place in the winning alliance as long as they don't go out of their way to make everyone hate them. The people that pay a couple hundred a world are still paying a lot for a game when you compare it to alternative means of entertainment, but they are at a severe disadvantage right out the gate.
I guess what I'm leading up to is that there is a way for all sides to meet in the middle and nerf gold in some way that isn't the price.

Make golding buildings only cut the time in half is one option that I personally would support.
The OP proposal of blocking gold use till after beginners protection ends is another option, but this option seems pretty bad because all it does is delay the gold use so the gold free players can get disappointed 7 days in instead of 2.
There is a way but it will never be found or implemented, the current system is just a vacuum sucking the cash out of our wallets and grep loves the heck outa that. They feast on the addicted.
in the old system of shortening construction or recruiting units it was that you shorten by 50% and it was a good system and blocking options for gold in the beginners protection fact will do nothing because after the protection, such a players will do what they did during the protection, i.e. they will found 3-4 cities and build them at the appropriate level in 2-3 hours or maybe faster

Last edited:

Mike 3rd

Hipparchus
I do agree that shortening construction and recruiting times by 50% is a better system that still allows people who want to spend gold to get an advantage while still giving people who can't/don't want to spend hundreds a little more even playing field.

Milkarat

Chiliarch
Another point that I haven't seen anybody make in favor of nerfing gold.

By making the game very pay to win it prevents potential new players from enjoying the game and not getting owned by people spawning units out of nowhere. Keeping the community growing should have been Inno's primary goal and they would be rewarded with more people using gold in the long run. Anybody in favor of being able to buy everything needed to win is also an advocate for less players and smaller maps.

The games that still spend lots on advertising and promoting themselves don't become old nearly as fast as the ones that try to get all their revenue from a small amount of heavy spenders. I'd like to see the worlds get bigger for a change.

Mike 3rd

Hipparchus
I think most people's issue is that you can instantly gold a nuke and continually send full nukes from the same city over and over. I don't think buying resources and olympics are really the issue. By only having gold reduce the time in half, then I people who are spending gold now would still do so, but like the post above mentioned, more people (who don't like spending tons of gold) would play which would lead to a larger player base.