Please ban gold at world start

nECUlaVe

Hipparchus
I mean at the world start.
No one is golding full nukes. And if they were everyone is in bp so no point.
So in bp what is the issue with gold is it buying res or is it Olympics

Milkarat

Chiliarch
I mean at the world start.
No one is golding full nukes. And if they were everyone is in bp so no point.
So in bp what is the issue with gold is it buying res or is it Olympics
The OP was the one saying to bad gold at start, but since then the discussion changed to just nerfing gold in general. Also don't get why you are asking such a dumb question when it was already answered. How about you take a gander back through the discussion and see if you can spot the answer to your question?

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus
The OP was the one saying to bad gold at start, but since then the discussion changed to just nerfing gold in general. Also don't get why you are asking such a dumb question when it was already answered. How about you take a gander back through the discussion and see if you can spot the answer to your question?
was that really necessary ? He can ask its his right.

Every world there is a new thread about gold and no one from the higher ups does anything about it.

I think we should just give up i have myself let the alliances that mass gold win, its a fake crown won by using a cheat code (Lots of gold).

bugeyes10

Phrourach
I think most people's issue is that you can instantly gold a nuke and continually send full nukes from the same city over and over. I don't think buying resources and olympics are really the issue. By only having gold reduce the time in half, then I people who are spending gold now would still do so, but like the post above mentioned, more people (who don't like spending tons of gold) would play which would lead to a larger player base.
People will still just half it until its a minute learn how to gold block or gold yourself its really simple. this was supposed to be a meme thread
1096892992872251473.webp

Criki

Taxiarch
was that really necessary ? He can ask its his right.

Every world there is a new thread about gold and no one from the higher ups does anything about it.

I think we should just give up i have myself let the alliances that mass gold win, its a fake crown won by using a cheat code (Lots of gold).
The top players also spend massive amounts of time on the game, use the mechanics of the game and spells to speed everything up, Very few have been Golding that much on this server, just using gold as wisely as possible, If you don't make a full commitment to a server and play as a semi-active simmer you will get crushed. Its a war game and still pretty competitive despite the shrinking player base but gold spenders keep the game alive and we should all appreciate that I think.

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus
The top players also spend massive amounts of time on the game, use the mechanics of the game and spells to speed everything up, Very few have been Golding that much on this server, just using gold as wisely as possible, If you don't make a full commitment to a server and play as a semi-active simmer you will get crushed. Its a war game and still pretty competitive despite the shrinking player base but gold spenders keep the game alive and we should all appreciate that I think.

We will see how much will be spent its still to early but when some players have been playing for years going Nukes after Nukes to take a city i dont really expect things to be different on this world.

Im just Glad True Fear dropped they would make this world a lot more fun.

I also know of a lot of players those same Alliances that use gold "chassed" away but fine you make a good point as well

Mike 3rd

Hipparchus
People will still just half it until its a minute learn how to gold block or gold yourself its really simple. this was supposed to be a meme thread
1096892992872251473.webp
I'm not making excuses, I'll hold my own against 90%-95% of golders without using more gold than what I can get in the markets. But when someone asks what issue some people have with gold, I would say this is the part most of them have an issue with. I know that the gold system isn't going to change, but I do think the player base would increase if the gold system was nurfed to only accelerating building/recruitment times by 50%. You can have your own opinion on which system is better as they both have their pros and cons.

Milkarat

Chiliarch
The argument that big golders keep the game alive is outdated and boring. There is a reason you make that argument, because it's an easy argument that you didn't have to think to come up with. There are other ways to keep the game alive and I stated them above. The biggest issue with your point is that that same point can be made for why the game is dying and losing player base.
Can you come up with an argument in favor of being able to gold anything and everything that doesn't compromise the growth of the game?
btw- My argument was never entirely against gold, but against instant building and instant recruiting.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Buy Inno Shares.
Cap Gold use during BP to 1k gold a day.
For the remaining days until first month ends cap it to 2-3k a day.
If your team still gets smashed after 1 month, you and your team sucked and never had any chance to begin with.
OR.. stop complaining because they will NEVER release a gold free type of world nor curb the gold use and why should they, its not in their company interest to revive a dying game that doesnt make them that much income either way, their other mobile only games rake in millions per year and give you the opportunity to still play and moan here.

Milkarat

Chiliarch
Buy Inno Shares.
Cap Gold use during BP to 1k gold a day.
For the remaining days until first month ends cap it to 2-3k a day.
If your team still gets smashed after 1 month, you and your team sucked and never had any chance to begin with.
OR.. stop complaining because they will NEVER release a gold free type of world nor curb the gold use and why should they, its not in their company interest to revive a dying game that doesnt make them that much income either way, their other mobile only games rake in millions per year and give you the opportunity to still play and moan here.
Yeah cause we are totally complaining and moaning? Just because someone is talking doesn't mean they are complaining. Sometimes people actually enjoy having discussions believe it or not.
Your argument about Inno not caring is likely true, but that doesn't mean there isn't potential to revitalize the game and make it grow. There are examples of other games that have done this because they have a very loyal fan base that eventually gets noticed. The one on my mind right now is Age of Empires 2. It had fallen off for over a decade before they brought it back and made it a fresh game that both the old and the new could enjoy. There is a risk involved, sure... But nothing a solid team of devs can't figure out.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Yeah cause we are totally complaining and moaning? Just because someone is talking doesn't mean they are complaining. Sometimes people actually enjoy having discussions believe it or not.
Your argument about Inno not caring is likely true, but that doesn't mean there isn't potential to revitalize the game and make it grow. There are examples of other games that have done this because they have a very loyal fan base that eventually gets noticed. The one on my mind right now is Age of Empires 2. It had fallen off for over a decade before they brought it back and made it a fresh game that both the old and the new could enjoy. There is a risk involved, sure... But nothing a solid team of devs can't figure out.

Your example of comparing PC game that made a bounce back and Browser game is ridiculous and unrealistic.
Browser games have been dead for a while, all of the companies that used to create and maintain them have moved onto mobile only style of games because thats where the money is.
Any real attempt to revitalize this game would mean serious marketing campaign to promote the game and attract new players and once you can actually attract them, you would have to make the game actually playable to retain them, because if 90% of them get crushed right out of BP by golders who are already at 3-5 cities and full armies then they would rather quickly stop playing and you have wasted a lot of budge to promote the game and bring developers back.
Its simply not going to happen no matter how much we would love it.
Let me just give you an insight.. a while back they had a special page that listed exact number of developers and mods that worked on grepolis at various times, when it started it was roughly ~60-80 developers, by the time 2016 rolled in that number was between 7 and 15, while i no longer have a friend that works at Inno HQ i wouldnt be surprised if they have like 3-5 developers that make weekly bug fixes and when there is a new feature/event/bigger change they pull some of the people that previously worked on the game.

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
and once you can actually attract them, you would have to make the game actually playable to retain them, because if 90% of them get crushed right out of BP by golders who are already at 3-5 cities and full armies then they would rather quickly stop playing and you have wasted a lot of budge to promote the game and bring developers back.
Bro just tell them to gold block xD its that simple, no? Not my fault players are noob and dont want to waste their summer sending bireme attacks every 4 minutes like an absolute psycho

Milkarat

Chiliarch
Your example of comparing PC game that made a bounce back and Browser game is ridiculous and unrealistic.
Browser games have been dead for a while, all of the companies that used to create and maintain them have moved onto mobile only style of games because thats where the money is.
Any real attempt to revitalize this game would mean serious marketing campaign to promote the game and attract new players and once you can actually attract them, you would have to make the game actually playable to retain them, because if 90% of them get crushed right out of BP by golders who are already at 3-5 cities and full armies then they would rather quickly stop playing and you have wasted a lot of budge to promote the game and bring developers back.
Its simply not going to happen no matter how much we would love it.
Let me just give you an insight.. a while back they had a special page that listed exact number of developers and mods that worked on grepolis at various times, when it started it was roughly ~60-80 developers, by the time 2016 rolled in that number was between 7 and 15, while i no longer have a friend that works at Inno HQ i wouldnt be surprised if they have like 3-5 developers that make weekly bug fixes and when there is a new feature/event/bigger change they pull some of the people that previously worked on the game.
Yeah, there are a lot of things that would need reworked to make this game fresh enough to promote it as Grepolis 2 or something. I think it's possible and profitable if they have the right crew. I never really had faith in Inno renovating this game.
As for the number of developers, ofc they have few or even just one now, there is nothing to develop.
As others have mentioned, making Grepolis in it's own client could be an option if Inno were to look into a Grepolis 2.

dianices

Phrourach
there's a few players in every game who abuse the privilege of spending. most people who spend don't simply dump cash out of sheer boredom and no desire to make time to play. Gaming is supposed to be fun, but spenders who abuse things like gold often grief otherwise positive gaming experience for everyone around them, and stick around, just to make other people miserable, and enjoy their misery.
that makes people not want to play, and encourage other people to stay away, and that, is bad for business. spenders alone are not a problem, spenders who abuse the option and push potential customers away, are. i can think of at least one example in en154,, anyone want to guess?