Pre World Delos Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6983

Im not just speaking for myself Richard. I'm speaking for many loyal members in your community.

Calydon is a great world. But why dont you see that players dont want to play speed 1 anymore.

DeletedUser

wow alliance cap 1000, great world for MRAs and they could all join together to make a super MRA

DeletedUser30490

i think about 5 alliances would be enough for thw whole world lol
why would a alliance want 1000 members in it WOW

Richard

Strategos
Im not just speaking for myself Richard. I'm speaking for many loyal members in your community.

Calydon is a great world. But why dont you see that players dont want to play speed 1 anymore.

You're making assumptions based on your own opinions, and stating them as facts. Not all players prefer high world speed, just like not all players prefer low speed. Not every world is going to meet your personal tastes, and not all worlds are going to be higher than speed one, because of both the business and the user needs.

As has been stated by other players, speed one is a good foundation speed for a new player. Bringing new players in to the game is essential for the development of the community as a whole. Those players start off on a speed 1 server, and then maybe they want a little more of a challenge, so move to a speed 2 or 3. Those are the players who are in the same shoes you were in when you first started playing Grepolis. Why should they be robbed of that same experience?

Moreover, you again do not represent the majority of players, experienced or inexperienced. There are many experienced players who prefer low speed worlds, because they give them the freedom to be a more casual player.

I am genuinely surprised at just how negative you are being about this, in light of the fact Calydon catered so well to the players who wanted high speed.

PS. The high alliance cap should be interesting, possibly nostalgic of older servers with no alliance cap. I think it will make for a different play type, personally.

DeletedUser29371

I dont understand why are peopel qqing about settings...

they got revolt rhethymnos on speed 3 afaik like month and a half ago, and they got Calydon speed 3 conquest like 2 weeks ago.

Personally i think Grepolis should simply make rotation so everyone would know whats coming. like rotating speeds all the time from 1 to 3 and then start with 1 again so each 2,5 months (or 3) we get each speed out....

DeletedUser

How about one with NO ALLIANCE CAP like in the good old days?

DeletedUser

I think a speed 1 world will have much better persistence from players. We've seen scores of players quit faster worlds because their Real Life gets busy and they don't have the time to keep up with a faster world. A slow world will allow all of those players to remain in the game. It really sucks to spend 5-6 months building up a really nice group of cities and then have to leave because something unexpected happens, like my daughter getting a freak blood clot that hospitalizes her for a month. In a fast world, you have to leave to be with your daughter. In a slow world, you can take care of your family and still check in once a day and not lose everything into which you have dedicated your last six months.

DeletedUser

Is it really 1000 people max in an alliance? I would think it was a typo and they meant 100.

DeletedUser29066

I think a speed 1 world will have much better persistence from players. We've seen scores of players quit faster worlds because their Real Life gets busy and they don't have the time to keep up with a faster world. A slow world will allow all of those players to remain in the game. It really sucks to spend 5-6 months building up a really nice group of cities and then have to leave because something unexpected happens, like my daughter getting a freak blood clot that hospitalizes her for a month. In a fast world, you have to leave to be with your daughter. In a slow world, you can take care of your family and still check in once a day and not lose everything into which you have dedicated your last six months.

That hit the nail right on the head. Some people don't have the time or the inclination to spend several hours a day playing a game. I was working 12 hr shifts last time I played, barely had time for the game. A slower speed world helps in cases like that.

DeletedUser20889

No issues, just looking forward to the next 3-3 revolt world since ive only seen one.

Not bothered about alliance cap, morale or beginners protection.

2nd Generation Worlds onwards ... we've had these speeds.

W = World,

Speed-Unit Speed

CONQUEST.........REVOLT
(W25) 2-2..........(W26) 1-3
(W27) 2-2..........(W28) 3-3
(W29) 1-3..........(W30) 2-1
(W31) 1-2..........(W33) 2-2
(W32) 2-1..........(W35) 3-2
(W34) 1-4..........(W36) 1-2
(W37) 1-3..........(W38) 2-2
(W40) 2-2..........(W39) 1-1
(W43) 1-1..........(W41) 2-2
(W46) 1-3..........(W42) 3-2
(W49) 3-2..........(W44) 2-2
(W50) 1-2..........(W47) 2-1
xxxxxxxxx...........(W48) 1-3

Anyway... good luck in Delos

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When we were doing the duel launch's a few months back the slow worlds could cater for more players (45k), while the other worlds less. But the speed 1 worlds always filled up first.

That would imply a higher number of players (maybe not the vocal ones) prefer speed 1, either way a mix is needed so I don't see an issue with a speed 1 on directly after a speed 3.

Thought that was because the speed 1 worlds were the "recommended" worlds (for whatever reason, I won't admit to knowing or assuming why it was like that), which is why it filled up quicker.

Nevertheless, I will give this world a try. Speed 1 always annoys the heck out of me, but I know its what I need if I am to play without becoming overly competitive. :p

DeletedUser29066

That hit the nail right on the head. Some people don't have the time or the inclination to spend several hours a day playing a game. I was working 12 hr shifts last time I played, barely had time for the game. A slower speed world helps in cases like that.

LOL .. someone actually gave me neg rep and told me to shut up for this. Too bad gods little gift to the world didn't have the guts to sign his name .. but I'm sure he's well loved by all and will have a long and happy life

DeletedUser

Oh dear, what a disappointment

Hopefully we'll get a 3, 3 revolt world soon

All the players im with in Delphi and Rho are waiting for it

Well there was just a speed three world released last time. I don't see there being another for the next couple of releases.

Please be patient and keep an eye out. ;)

~ Lane

DeletedUser

Admiral Naji
Superworld suggestion:Speed: 5 moral: disactivated, conquest & revolt, alliance cap are 30.

Now that would be interesting - combining conquest and revolt in the same world! Two different systems of taking over another city. That would be very interesting.

Richard
Thanks for your feedback. We can not offer fast speed with each and every release.

Of course you can't. But looking at all the settings of the worlds through the whole game, there are WAY MORE worlds on speed 1 and 2. There are barely any on speed 3. For us players that like the speed, we just want some equality. Speed 3 is few and far between and many players that I try to introduce into this game complain about the speed that things progress.

The new world Calydon is AWESOME. I have been waiting a long time for Speed 3 Conquest. Thank you Innogames, you've locked my in for another 6 months of gameplay :)

But really, the next servers should have something different. World speed 4, or combine conquest and revolt, or no alliance limit, something like this.

The summer high speed weekend tournament that happened recently I missed due to real life commitments, but I would love to see that happen again. It should be a regular thing, not a once off. Once every 1/3/6/12 months? Very good idea.

I would like to see a speed 3 hero world.

Delos - yeah I like the fact that the alliance limit is 1000. That makes things very interesting. Good luck with these settings.

Richard

Strategos
Thanks again for your feedback. As I stated a little earlier, the higher the speed, the lower the player limit has to be. So every speed 3 world we release can only accommodate a small number of players, when compared to a speed 1 or 2 world. This is why there are less speed 3 worlds, and frankly, there always will be. Its also the reason I don't foresee us releasing a speed 4 world any time soon.

As for the conquest and revolt world, this isn't possible without rewriting some of the core gameplay aspects.

DeletedUser

My perfect settings
world speed 2
Unit Speed 1 or 2
Alliance cap 50
Beginner Protection 4 days
Revolt

1000 cap,imagine the organisation and communication you would have in a alliance with this cap...
Somebodys going to get hurt.

DeletedUser

I will be join this world, for socializing too busy with war in rethy to talk much

Status
Not open for further replies.