Pre-World Taras Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser25249

How about a speed world, like the Summer of 2012 one?

that would be super interesting, with the rule that a world must be 6 months old before ww, the top guys might have 1k towns before it started, imagine that...lol

DeletedUser

I'd be up for 3/3 CQ no morale and cap 40, See how many MRAs with 10 or more conjoined alliances form and get smashed by that one really great 40 person group :pro:

Edit: The high alliance caps just create massive messes of fodder, with horrible forums, and everyone does internals all year long... A 40 cap would make small efficient alliances that work together with clean forums the order of the day and it would take a while for oceans to get sorted out. The current high caps just mean a couple people recruit everyone in the ocean and then everything turns into internalization for the rest of the game. MRAs are cannibals... and they promote cannibal players rather than real fighters who expand against others instead of simming and waiting for the next handout of free pretty cities.

From experience on Katane, I can't agree with your prediction. Low alliance caps lead to super-alliances forming that include 2-3 low-cap alliances banded together. By sharing the forums, they lose a ton of the forum tools (like moving posts, etc) that would normally help keep forums clean. The effective alliance cap winds up being about 150. And the noobs run around wondering who is actually going to get the crowns while the experienced players try to convince them that they really don't care about adding a third or fourth or nth crown to their profile. This is on top of the stupid "am I in the training alliance" questions. It's a disaster. I suspect a cap of 100 would be the right size to keep alliances singular, but since I've only played 50-150-200 I'm not 100% sure of that.

DeletedUser31385

Did they even have WWs there? I thought it was only open for about a couple weeks.

DeletedUser31385

I looked, It was one weekend. Must have been madness. The settings should be today, I hope.

DeletedUser47344

Doubtful but would LOVE a revolt speed 2 unit speed 3 no morale

alliance cap 1000 Only way to stop sister and brother alliances.... im sure in most worlds there is like 3rd cousin alliance

in serious id like 80 alliance cap.

DeletedUser47369

Doubtful but would LOVE a revolt speed 2 unit speed 3 no morale

alliance cap 1000 Only way to stop sister and brother alliances.... im sure in most worlds there is like 3rd cousin alliance

in serious id like 80 alliance cap.

Not going to happen Harry

It will be a Conquest and every second world is.

Im thinking the following the same as Troy on the US server

Settings: Speed - 3; Unit Speed - 1; Alliance Limit - 70; Beginners Protection - 5 days; Conquest, Morale; Activated

DeletedUser35069

I think there would probably be a riot if a speed 1 was announced, those are the only speed servers open for registration at the minute.

DeletedUser32412

I just want a speed 4 unit speed. Cap was way lower on Thebes at 35 players

I think Thebes was a pretty unique setting world not likely to happen regularly if at all again. But then what do I know..exactly!

DeletedUser47344

Not going to happen Harry

It will be a Conquest and every second world is.

Im thinking the following the same as Troy on the US server

Settings: Speed - 3; Unit Speed - 1; Alliance Limit - 70; Beginners Protection - 5 days; Conquest, Morale; Activated

i kno buddy.... but one can dream :)

tired of the rubbish worlds where everybody is pact/nap before it starts.... be sure when a revolt no morale comes out ill join with the drunks and wont have one pact/nap.

Viva la old school its about the fight not the wonders.

DeletedUser35069

World Speed or Unit Speed?

Unit speed. It takes a certain type of player to play speed 1 unit for sure. My attention span isn't long enough to remember I sent cs's on speed 1

I think Thebes was a pretty unique setting world not likely to happen regularly if at all again. But then what do I know..exactly!

Ya Mr D. There was another speed 4 just 2 months after but revolt.

DeletedUser43325

It was at the start but you get used to it

I farted around that .us server a bit and played Upsilon (for whatever reason) here on .en.. I don't think I'd ever be able to get used to speed 1. But if you have the patience for that, more power to you.

DeletedUser46416

would love a lower alliance cap... its been a while since there has been a nice 40-50.

DeletedUser

Any notice when we will get the settings, need to know them asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.