Premade: Impact

DeletedUser42519

Aplication

experience:3years
Could I get a [war cordinator]position? very active and usually night time player.
I got few world which lead them into victory.
I will help a lot for the alliance and hopefully lead main part of the alliance.
[my aplication is quite short because im not good at writing :)]
BUT im sure that i have enough experience to lead the world.
Hope you let me in!

DeletedUser30636

Aaaaaaand the alliance has fallen apart in game... lol.

yea, dont recruit in game... thats what i learned. we lost a city from a guy that i guess wasnt even playing... people started leaving, smh

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

How to tell you did horrible, you didn't last as long as a TSF premade. :p

Recruit better players in game and drill better fundamentals in your new players. Assuming an unspoken social contract in Grepolis. There is no need to start panicking until the Grepostats pages are filled with reds and/or leadership is doing too little.

Anytime I've found myself on the imploded end of an alliance implosion or in one instance a complete and total beat down. It was because I was tied down in RL, put too many egos in one room, and wasn't around to react and adjust. It seems silly but not being one of the most active players in the room DOES have a huge wear and tear effect on your alliance. I would say that your alliance might have felt this way. When you know things will go bad from the get go, it is human nature to want to get away from it. I'd say instead of blaming on inactive players and ask yourself what you could have done differently to instill morale? It takes a lot to maintain a team's morale and its easy to break team morale. If you aren't active enough, you won't instill loyalty.

My guess is that you might not have been the most active or were making lots of noticeable mistakes. Players can pick up on disorganization easily.

DeletedUser30636

How to tell you did horrible, you didn't last as long as a TSF premade. :p

Recruit better players in game and drill better fundamentals in your new players. Assuming an unspoken social contract in Grepolis. There is no need to start panicking until the Grepostats pages are filled with reds and/or leadership is doing too little.

Anytime I've found myself on the imploded end of an alliance implosion or in one instance a complete and total beat down. It was because I was tied down in RL, put too many egos in one room, and wasn't around to react and adjust. It seems silly but not being one of the most active players in the room DOES have a huge wear and tear effect on your alliance. I would say that your alliance might have felt this way. When you know things will go bad from the get go, it is human nature to want to get away from it. I'd say instead of blaming on inactive players and ask yourself what you could have done differently to instill morale? It takes a lot to maintain a team's morale and its easy to break team morale. If you aren't active enough, you won't instill loyalty.

My guess is that you might not have been the most active or were making lots of noticeable mistakes. Players can pick up on disorganization easily.
i think my problem was that i got caught up with being in top 12 and just wanted the players, i made sure we kept small but i never did research anybodies history or asked questions, so in turn alliance wide activity played a large part, but i have to take alot of the responsibility because i wasnt very picky when recruiting, and my activity wasnt a problem... i was probably offline 3-5 hours a day when i was sleeping. But losing is learning and from here i can make myself better, i appreciate the wise words. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

Don't worry about being top 12, it usually draws targets anyways. One reason that I had success on Ithica is because we didn't come on anyone's radar for a long time and the only two teams that had us on their radar decided to pact us. By the time anyone else saw us, it was too late, we were hitting hard, and our enemies were forced to turtle until we got back stabbed.

I think the first premade is the roughest, though. From what I've seen out of many of the better leaders here, their first premade typically ended in them getting crushed or it imploding. Some mistakes that I made was assuming that assembling the dream team and a ton of good leaders would cover me in the event of RL issues. The conflicting styles obviously created disorganization and no real unity happened. A few of us also rushed into a pact instead of assessing the situation. We also had one guy making secret pacts hidden from me even and then posting it as if it was official. Being surrounded by what became some of the best alliances in the world, we made it a total of three weeks and rightfully so.

So I found myself having to make a list and studying my mistakes for the first time in years. Remembering some of these issues, I found myself in a similar situation where I was forced to assume command of a disorganized premade in US Gythium in February. I remembered some of mistakes (also had no RL issues) and avoided them. Because of my lessons from what I describe as my worst year of Grepo. I managed to reorganize the alliance and practically kill the server in a month and a half. Our enemies stop players pounded VM. Our other enemies went inactive or disbanded. Now its just rim alliances. A good butt kicking can really enhance your abilities. I have yet to any great leader lose a fight and immediately do worse afterwords.

DeletedUser30636

thanks for the advice, this is my first premade thats actually joined a world, everytime i make one i seem to get farther than i did with the last. Impact will come back, just dont know when.

DeletedUser41523

First stop with the premades for now. Go join a random world and attempt to lead or follow a good leader. When I came to Ithica, I had ten times better results than on Theta because I accepted being led on Omicron. That experience really paid off.

DeletedUser30636

how so? Morning Glory wasnt more than we could chew, we just got to antsy with them thats all, if we wouldve taken our time and organized some attacks, we wouldve been golden

DeletedUser43011

how so? Morning Glory wasnt more than we could chew, we just got to antsy with them thats all, if we wouldve taken our time and organized some attacks, we wouldve been golden

My advice (being in Impact) is not to hold too tight of a leash and allow yourself to delegate more, it sort of looked like a dictatorship rather than a democracy.

Im not doubting your abilities as a player but not even presenting your members with the opportunity to do simple things like MM could have saved some cities, maybe in future having a better recruiter (that's active) and giving MM rights and assigning ForMods would benefit you by reducing your workload so you can take time to look at the quality of the players being invited.

DeletedUser30636

My advice (being in Impact) is not to hold too tight of a leash and allow yourself to delegate more, it sort of looked like a dictatorship rather than a democracy.

Im not doubting your abilities as a player but not even presenting your members with the opportunity to do simple things like MM could have saved some cities, maybe in future having a better recruiter (that's active) and giving MM rights and assigning ForMods would benefit you by reducing your workload so you can take time to look at the quality of the players being invited.

the thing is though we only lost one city... and he wasnt ever on to let us know he was being attacked, we had other people that were in revolt so we put our support there, not based off of a tripwire. i personally didnt feel like i was holding a tight leash, i mean allowed the alliance to choose the council, and i agree with you on the recruiter part, we had 1 guy doing most of it and he still wasnt very proactive. and the forum mod would have been chosen once the council got settled. i didnt really need one at the time and i was going to give it to one of the council members. all in all, next time im gonna be very selective when recruiting.

DeletedUser41523

Careful not to be too democratic. One thing Project Misery Business suffered from was the case of too many chiefs not enough Indians. I made the mistake of assuming that former leaders wanted to lead and play at the intensity of their past worlds, I trusted word of mouth for players, and I promoted some top players who really had no business being there. As a result it was one massive "this way, no this way, no that way" scenario.

Having a tight leash in this regard is a good idea. In some ways I regard overstepping my authority and annoying people or rushing into things. In other ways I totally let others run the show, especially with recruitment. Which resulted in frustration when someone got kicked as 9/10 times it was someone's friend.

Here's how I think you should try leading and is how I usually approach it.

1) Enter at a time where you could be the head hancho for the first few months. Its tough to constantly stay on top of things, but during a month or two, you can easily find talented and hungry leaders willing to try for a week or so while you attend to work or school. If you can't be hands on from the get go, cancel the launch. My biggest mistake on Cythera was just going into Cythera at all. November is a bad time for college students, I entered with a tour to a prospective school, rugby training starting, a family death looming, and 4 final papers. If you can't lead at the time, don't make the assumption that others will gladly do it for you.

2) Limit the chiefs in the tribe. No matter what, it is never a good idea to promote experienced leaders and assume it'll work out fine. Too many people will quickly become unproductive and once the damage is done you tend to have a hard time reversing it as many people will be mad if demoted even if its impersonal.

3) Make it clear to everyone there that you grow or get booted or internalized. Only recruit people who have no issue with that happening to their friend. Again, this is a very impersonal process. Sometimes people can't hang but still try.

4) Hold off on in game recruitment for a bit if you use a premade. Only really look into players who are either proven on another world or show exceptional promise. Depth is important, but early on you will have high talent and replacing that will not have to be immediate.

5) Have a game plan for where ever you land. We got wedged between Deathwish, Boilermarc, and Digital Mystics. All of these players are exceptional leaders. Because of my many absences, we never developed a game plan that was effective enough to do more than take a few towns and city swap. While we could have held out for a long while, this isn't good enough to team mates who came expecting more. Making an organized plan is very important.

6) Democracy, as supafletch said, democracy is needed. Players should have control both on a leadership and regular level. One thing you can't do is lean to far to either side of the spectrum. Every major issue regarding the alliance should be discussed at a leadership level. On a regular level control can be free days to claim towns with no impending ops or assigned targets, a fun contest involving a temporary alliance name change, etc.

These are just some suggestions that I have to offer. They come from lessons I learned over the years.

DeletedUser

just checking all this negative stuff about our recruiter are we talking about me.

DeletedUser30490

Dont think so,
And just saying we might have disbanded in O44 but that doesn't mean we're still not around.
O34 has something else coming for it;)

DeletedUser30636

Careful not to be too democratic. One thing Project Misery Business suffered from was the case of too many chiefs not enough Indians. I made the mistake of assuming that former leaders wanted to lead and play at the intensity of their past worlds, I trusted word of mouth for players, and I promoted some top players who really had no business being there. As a result it was one massive "this way, no this way, no that way" scenario.

Having a tight leash in this regard is a good idea. In some ways I regard overstepping my authority and annoying people or rushing into things. In other ways I totally let others run the show, especially with recruitment. Which resulted in frustration when someone got kicked as 9/10 times it was someone's friend.

Here's how I think you should try leading and is how I usually approach it.

1) Enter at a time where you could be the head hancho for the first few months. Its tough to constantly stay on top of things, but during a month or two, you can easily find talented and hungry leaders willing to try for a week or so while you attend to work or school. If you can't be hands on from the get go, cancel the launch. My biggest mistake on Cythera was just going into Cythera at all. November is a bad time for college students, I entered with a tour to a prospective school, rugby training starting, a family death looming, and 4 final papers. If you can't lead at the time, don't make the assumption that others will gladly do it for you.

2) Limit the chiefs in the tribe. No matter what, it is never a good idea to promote experienced leaders and assume it'll work out fine. Too many people will quickly become unproductive and once the damage is done you tend to have a hard time reversing it as many people will be mad if demoted even if its impersonal.

3) Make it clear to everyone there that you grow or get booted or internalized. Only recruit people who have no issue with that happening to their friend. Again, this is a very impersonal process. Sometimes people can't hang but still try.

4) Hold off on in game recruitment for a bit if you use a premade. Only really look into players who are either proven on another world or show exceptional promise. Depth is important, but early on you will have high talent and replacing that will not have to be immediate.

5) Have a game plan for where ever you land. We got wedged between Deathwish, Boilermarc, and Digital Mystics. All of these players are exceptional leaders. Because of my many absences, we never developed a game plan that was effective enough to do more than take a few towns and city swap. While we could have held out for a long while, this isn't good enough to team mates who came expecting more. Making an organized plan is very important.

6) Democracy, as supafletch said, democracy is needed. Players should have control both on a leadership and regular level. One thing you can't do is lean to far to either side of the spectrum. Every major issue regarding the alliance should be discussed at a leadership level. On a regular level control can be free days to claim towns with no impending ops or assigned targets, a fun contest involving a temporary alliance name change, etc.

These are just some suggestions that I have to offer. They come from lessons I learned over the years.
alright ill look into these, thanks. and i had one leader, and 3 council members ( elected i think the day before we fell)