Propaganda

DeletedUser

I love the exaggerations and dramatic rhetoric. It's all total nonsense of course, but hey...they have the right to an opinion.

I'd like everyone to read these lies:

RackAttack today at 19:54

Ladies & Gentlemen of Grepolis EN39 - Olympia:

This will be the most serious message you will receive in this world, in my opinion.

This goes beyond & transcends Alliances and goes beyond Pacts; beyond Enemies and Allies alike, and everything else you would consider "normal" gameplay.

Please take the time to read it carefully (no matter how long it is), discuss it with your leaders & possibly entire alliance - at your discretion - And please take what I am about to inform you of here with an mature, sober & serious mind-set.

I am writing to you as PEOPLE - not as alliances. At this moment I care not who is enemy with who, or what wars or battles are going on, nor do I care about plans, strategies, pacts, coalitions, or anything else like that, because what I am about to tell you, you should see, will render this entire world's "game"-play as totally MOOT!

To put it bluntly: We are all wasting our time in this game - in this particular world - completely. Hours upon hours of building, strategy, pacts, friends & foes -- are all one giant waste of time and effort.

AND HERE IS WHY:

Yesterday 18/11/2012 at approximately 13:00 "server-time" (Berlin), OrestesOfArgos founded a city 3B Baris on what he believed to be my alliance's "Alliance Island."

We, of course, did not want him there, as it was deep in "our" territory. We immediately proceeded to remove him.

Over the course of the next 18 hours, we coordinated attacks precisely & had him in revolt within minutes of his founding of that city. He immediately built the wall up to 20+, the cave to 10, all all the other buildings necessary for defense within such a short time-span that he was using GOLD like it was water.

On 3 or more occasions his wall was 20+, and we'd knock it down to 0, only to find that within no more than less than 1 hour, it would be back up to 20+.

(BATTLE/SPY/ETC. REPORTS WILL FOLLOW THIS WRITING, FOR YOUR EXAMINATION)

We have estimated, that in terms of REAL-MONEY he had spent, ON THAT ONE CITY ALONE - THAT HE FOUNDED FROM SCRATCH - SOMEWHERE AROUND:

200 USD, 157 EUR, 125.84 GBP

As you know, having spies & the rumor-mill is also a part of intelligence gathering in this game. From various sources, it is estimated that on a daily bases or whenever the need arises, he spends similar amounts of REAL MONEY in this "game" - a word that I now use very lightly when referring to Olympia. These various sources also bear out, that he has spent THOUSANDS of real money in this world AND also, buys gold and distributes it to, AS HE CALLS THEM - his words: "his cronies."

Ladies ... Gentlemen: THIS IS NO LONGER A GAME. As in the definition that we would all understand the word "game" to mean. OrestesOfArgos is BUYING this world - BUYING his power - BUYING his "strength" - BUYING his ranking - BUYING basically THIS ENTIRE WORLD.

I don't know what kind of person would get his ego from spending such vast amount of money & time playing a browser based - "supposed" - GAME! -- But he does it.

WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOUR AND YOUR ALLIANCE:

In all seriousness - This is NOT a level playing field - this is no longer a game of strategy. With him in this world, NO ALLIANCE --- NONE! --- Will truly ever go on to "win" this world. -- He and his "cronies" (again his words) - will "BUY THIS WORLD." - And he seems to have the money to do it.

---

I am not writing this out of anger, bitterness, or anything other than that I had an inkling that this was taking place - and my alliance has now seen first hand, and without a shadow of a doubt, that this is what's happening.

ALL of OUR time and effort, from the beginning of this game until now - was just a waste of time. It is a sad realization, not for me or my alliance (which it was)... but more importantly FOR THIS ENTIRE WORLD OF EN39 OLYMPIA.

THIS INCLUDES YOU & YOUR ALLIANCE! (Whether you believe me yet or not.)

---

COURSE OF ACTION (a.k.a. last ditch effort to save this world, and all the time everyone has put into it).

This is all a suggestion - I personally do not care whether I play this game or not, as it is too taxing. -- Please, take this as a serious suggestion - coming not from a "bitter sore loser" but as from someone who has now seen the writing on the wall first hand:

> ALL WARS/BATTLES/TAKEOVER - ETC. Need to stop. Immediately.

> Everyone ... say again, EVERYONE... In this entire world, if they are at all even remotely close in attacking distance to any of OrestesOfArgos's cities, NEED TO ATTACK THEM; TAKE THEM OVER; AND ELIMINATE OrestesOfArgos from this game completely (I'm not even talking about "Paragon" - Just him.) This is NOT an "anti-Paragon" message. But a harsh reality.

IF HE IS NOT ELIMINATED FROM THIS GAME - HE WILL BUY HIS WAY THROUGH IT - FOR WHATEVER THRILL THAT GIVES HIM -- AND ALL ALLIANCES ARE - VERY SERIOUSLY - WASTING OVER A YEAR OF THEIR LIVES, AND MANY, MANY HARD HOURS OF WORK -- ALL TO HAVE IT MEAN NOTHING -- BECAUSE OF SOME RICH, EGOTISTICAL & ARROGANT "PERSON" - BUYING THIS WORLD.

I'm not kidding.

I don't care about the politics of this world at this point, as now I can see, without a doubt, that they all mean NOTHING, as long as this person, plays with his wallet, in the manner I have described.

---

I AM NOT TRYING TO COORDINATE A "SUPER-ALLIANCE" -- I AM NOT TRYING TO "LEAD" WHAT I HAVE SUGGESTED ABOVE - I AM JUST TELLING YOU WITH ALL SERIOUSNESS, THAT IF HE IS NOT REMOVED FROM THIS WORLD, THIS "GAME" STOPS BEING A "GAME" AND ALL HE WILL DO IS BUY THIS WHOLE WORLD - And think himself very special for his accomplishments.

---

Such an effort against one player DOES NEED TO BE IMPLEMENTED. -- I don't care how all of you do it, however, if you don't do it, you are wasting your time in this game.

---

This message has been sent to the following people - put here in this manner, so that you can all easily copy & paste these names into your "Recipient" field, just as they are, and mass mail your comments, suggestion, ideas, or even to bash me & criticize me, if you do not believe what I am telling you.

Please, fell free to spread this message to friend & foe, because this entire world, is shot with him in it - he needs to be taken out, or this world is essentially dead.

---

Thank you for your time.

---

RECIPIENTS LIST:

jdeoro; Celt88; TheGovernor; PablitoZX; Livitius; Manmower; Ballzach The Great; Stradavarious; funshiba; itsnaptime99; CAHONG; Vojihna; maddogga; Diogenes33; E.Floydian; MinosTeris; Nemesis LXIX; RedTurkey; THE JINN; CaitlinB; Ar2Ri2; canmorerocks; Switch21; vance-extra; Culverwell; BismarkPA; elkniwnavpir; berhoids; Spongebath; Grog1; Elron316; miltiades84; sweetvictory251; Savius Maximus; Gammasnarf; Kaher; Plaskota; Kirky007; MaxNL; rolabon; ConfusingSnow; skabargaa; Camosius; Flipadelphia; chrstnjp; Krister2; orrfiz; mmurdocc; MaximusMeridiusTheBold; Urnst; gsoman2000; bpd132; ajward83; greg2705; Tormaja; MinaLeyla; graffio; Beggy J;

ADD TO THIS LIST AS YOU SEE FIT. STOP BEING ENEMIES UNTIL THIS IS DONE - ONCE DONE - GO BACK AND CHOP EACH OTHER APART FOR ALL I CARE - BUT IF THIS ISN'T DONE - WELL, THIS WORLD IS WORTHLESS AS A "GAME"

---

REPORTS:

THEY WILL FOLLOW IN AN "ADDENDUM" MESSAGE, AS THIS MESSAGE IS ALREADY VERY LONG.

---

GOOD LUCK.

-Rack

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, not really lies. But I still don't think criticizing gold spending is allowed :)

DeletedUser

These gross exaggerations are hilarious. I consider it a compliment.

Next they'll say I'm dual accounting and using a bot.

DeletedUser29371

i mean sooo much effort put into an AFTERTHOUGHT Pfa? come on lol

You can do better than this show us your alliance skill!

DeletedUser

It would be funnier if everyone just left this world, gave them no one to fight. Then Paragon would be left doing sim city. Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting for world wonder era to start....all by themselves. Best way to make his efforts mean nothing.

DeletedUser

Not gonna happen:

EN32 Achilles
1,328 players
EN33 Ithaca
1,848 players
EN34 Bellerophon
1,879 players
EN35 Knossos
2,534 players
EN36 Lamia
1,941 players
EN37 Marathon
2,214 players
EN38 Naxos
1,875 players
EN39 Olympia
4,351 players
EN40 Pella
2,000 players
EN41 Bellerophon
1,083 players
EN42 Rhethymnos

For it's age, Olympia has very high activity.

DeletedUser17088

lol, the point that this guy keeps making is that he is not bitter. It's all i saw it as though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

why did they continue to attack you? why didn't they put you in revolt... then time clears to take it. Premium (in its current form) has existed for well over a year and people have found ways around it.

DeletedUser

lol, the point that this guy keeps making is that he is not bitter. It's all i saw it as though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

why did they continue to attack you? why didn't they put you in revolt... then time clears to take it. Premium (in its current form) has existed for well over a year and people have found ways around it.

Exactly, I don't understand that if they put him into revolt immediately, then timed the attacks he would have stood no chance even with a 25 wall. Just wreaks of bad coordination to me, but again I'm small time in the grand scheme of things.

My only assumption is that they are so extended cleaning up all the Shadow Boxer cities that no one had very useful nukes at the time. Even now, given his proximity to their huge numbers, I don't see how one large coordinated attack couldn't break through.

....unless, he's receiving outside support ;]

DeletedUser

Exactly, I don't understand that if they put him into revolt immediately, then timed the attacks he would have stood no chance even with a 25 wall. Just wreaks of bad coordination to me, but again I'm small time in the grand scheme of things.

I was revolted by three players and there were three distinct attack sequences upon the city. Their timing was sound, but their tactics were not.

DeletedUser29371

My only assumption is that they are so extended cleaning up all the Shadow Boxer cities that no one had very useful nukes at the time. Even now, given his proximity to their huge numbers, I don't see how one large coordinated attack couldn't break through.

....unless, he's receiving outside support ;]

Dude this aint some nooby or casual player... this is OrestesOfArgos.... they dont have the skills and golds to clear him out.... he has 10s of thousands of troops and personally atleast 5 members are sending him MASSIVE resources he can rebuild whole nukes in hours ;)

good luck breaking all of that!

They dont have the armies to do it they had their window for 12h and they could not break it through!

Its even more funny cos RackAttack asked for everyone to attack OrestesOfArgos which is exactly what he wants... FREE BP :D What better can you ask for. With his massive activity he wont miss attacks and he will gain easy BP.

Not gonna happen:

EN32 Achilles
1,328 players
EN33 Ithaca
1,848 players
EN34 Bellerophon
1,879 players
EN35 Knossos
2,534 players
EN36 Lamia
1,941 players
EN37 Marathon
2,214 players
EN38 Naxos
1,875 players
EN39 Olympia
4,351 players
EN40 Pella
2,000 players
EN41 Bellerophon
1,083 players
EN42 Rhethymnos

For it's age, Olympia has very high activity.

Really it is Paragon and SM making this world fun look at the numbers! we are 2x similar worlds!

long live Paragon and SM and other pros like HK/Enigma bashing noobs giving them sense of making this a holy war against imperialism :)

DeletedUser

In all honesty - It needs to be CAPPED. Say, obtaining X amount, per Y amount of time and no more.

Or the USAGE of it needs to be capped. Say, you can use X amount per Y amount of time and no more until Y time has passed.

If not, the F2P aspects are an illusion. And with the length of time involved to reach the "end-game" and the amount of hours & time spent by dedicated F2P players, or even moderate Prem players becomes pointless.

And if the ModPrem's ever figure out how unbalanced it can become, you can kiss them goodbye.

What would the makers rather?

Person "O" - Contributing X,XXX per month?

Or 10's of thousands of players contributing: XX per month?

O = X,XXX/m

ModPrem = (XX/m)*20,000 = XXX,XXX/m

;)

DeletedUser17088

modprems? you mean moderation payment? (2k gold a month)

hardly a game changer that one :D

DeletedUser29371

In all honesty - It needs to be CAPPED. Say, obtaining X amount, per Y amount of time and no more.

Or the USAGE of it needs to be capped. Say, you can use X amount per Y amount of time and no more until Y time has passed.

If not, the F2P aspects are an illusion. And with the length of time involved to reach the "end-game" and the amount of hours & time spent by dedicated F2P players, or even moderate Prem players becomes pointless.

And if the ModPrem's ever figure out how unbalanced it can become, you can kiss them goodbye.

What would the makers rather?

Person "O" - Contributing X,XXX per month?

Or 10's of thousands of players contributing: XX per month?

O = X,XXX/m

ModPrem = (XX/m)*20,000 = XXX,XXX/m

;)

Why?

so why not CAP it at 0 cos someone has 0 money to spend you would cap it at YOUR spending limit this look is very egoistical.

YOU CANNOT BUY RESOURCES!

Its unfair to do limitations because as soon as YOU do it, someon e else will call UNFAIR limitation cos he has even less money available to spend.

Dont you see the flaw in your logic?

Your just butthurt really... nothing else whole alliance couldnt defeat 1 man on battlefield now you started Propaganda like LordFussy version 2.0

DeletedUser

YOU CANNOT BUY RESOURCES!

Oh really!?

I would figure that O-man would have trained you guys better than that

Phoenician merchant
On route to CityName. Arrival tomorrow at 00:00.
Summon to CityName immediately

50 Gold

Who you trying to kid?

DeletedUser29371

Oh really!?

I would figure that O-man would have trained you guys better than that

Who you trying to kid?

Because of Orestes on Some older server when he started they CHANGED the phoenician to make changing ratios cos it was exploitable... now its not worth it not even with all the gold Orestes has.

Bottom line is Premium is good enough balanced... You DID NOT complain about Premium untill others used it but now someone used it more than you (or your alliance) and now its suddenly unfair.... Dont you think for ages you or your alliance were hitting players without even advisors and you never thought it unfair?

DeletedUser

:rolleyes:

Is there something else we could talk about other than gold d'ya think?

DeletedUser

Last edited by Fist Of The North Star; Today at 11:56. Reason: personal insults

You missed one:

DeletedUser17088

You missed one:

I think I am still missing it.

if you mean that i personally insulted you, My meaning was that because you continuously mentioned you were not bitter, that in fact it started to look like you really where.

I don't mean you are a bitter person, I would imagine you are lovely :)