Question for settings vote, feedback needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Strategos
Hey guys,

Im gonna be setting up the poll for the settings vote, what I want to know is which option would work best?

Option 1:
A thread and poll for each setting type. eg. a thread and poll for world speed, a thread and poll for unit speed, a thread and poll for morale. etc.

Option 2:
One thread and one poll, with predetermined settings as poll options. Eg. one option on the poll could be:
'Speed 1, Unit speed 2, No Morale, Conquest, Low alliance cap.'
Or
'Speed 3, Unit speed 3, No Morale, Revolt, High alliance cap.'
and so on.

Comments below, please.

Richard

DeletedUser

What about-
World Speed:

Unit Speed:

Morale:
Yes
No

Alliance cap:

Conquest
Revolt

etc etc

All in one poll. Multiple choice, people can only vote for one thing per setting etc

DeletedUser

You know... you could have put the option question into a POLL.

That's what POLLS are for. :rolleyes:

I'm just not sure which kind of poll to use...

DeletedUser12330

The problem with such approach - there will be settings in the end that nobody will like to see. :)

There will be, no matter what. Thats why were trying to see what the majority want by having a vote!!

Richard

Strategos
My concern with option A is, someone who only cares about, say, world speed will only vote on world speed. This could mean we end up with settings no one realistically wants. I think option B is a little more restrictive, but will give better results.

DeletedUser

I vote option B, as richard says, i think its more accurate.

DeletedUser

Maybe take it as 2 polls (in 2 stages). Say 10 different settings in 1st poll and 2-3 favorites from 1st poll as a second poll with 1 winner on the end.

DeletedUser12330

give us 8 choices half with moral/ half without, half revolt half conquest and random speeds and alliance caps on them, we then all vote on which one we would prefere

DeletedUser

Actually, i have changed my mind... I agree. Option B would be best.

Just give a few options for people to choose from.
And to those who say that they want more of a choice, us having a choice at all is better then just chancing it. :)

DeletedUser

If you are wanting exact setting that people would prefer to be up for vote I would personally like
World speed 2
Unit Speed 3
Conquest
No morale
Alliance Cap 50-75
make it a hero world as well for the cherry on top :)

DeletedUser12330

If you are wanting exact setting that people would prefer to be up for vote I would personally like
World speed 2
Unit Speed 3
Conquest
No morale
Alliance Cap 50-75
make it a hero world as well for the cherry on top :)

They are the exact settings i want as well although not bothered about hero world

DeletedUser

Yea don't really care hero world either way, would just be nice. Add some new elements to the game, allow me to build bigger armies and not have to waste as much time with only one city. I hate the intial build up phase.

DeletedUser

They are the exact settings i want as well although not bothered about hero world

World Pella (en40)
Created: May 15th 2012
Settings: Speed - 2; Unit Speed - 2; Alliance Cap - 80; Beginners Protection: 4 Days; Conquest; Morale - Inactive

Status
Not open for further replies.