remark Demolition

DeletedUser

I just noticed in the Building View Senate the mark Demolition. As i undrstood it allows to decrease the level of buildings. But what it is for? When we can use this option and is it reversional process?

DeletedUser

it is mostly used to demolish buildings in new cities to free up farm spaces for troops. After you have demolished a building by a level you can simply re-upgrade it. :)

DeletedUser

what you mean in "new town"? What level town can still be called new? Does it depend on the Senate level?

DeletedUser17045

"New town" as in a city that you have successfuly conquered. Everyone plays differently. You might want a new city for defencive purposes, however, I want a new city for attacking puroposes.

Skully is talking about when you conquer a new city it might have, for instance, Thermal baths built, when instead you want Light House. He's also saying that you can demolish unimportant buildings to free up population for army purposes. So, once you have your desired city, you can demolish things like the senate, academy, etc. However, if you get bolted and a building loses a level, and you cannot upgrade it back, you have to rebuild your senate, academy, whatever it is that is required.

Keep that in mind ;)

DeletedUser2795

Aren't the specials protected from bolts though? So you do not need that much upgrading.

DeletedUser

Aren't the specials protected from bolts though? So you do not need that much upgrading.

not necessarily protected, bolt's just cannot destroy buildings. not a single lvl 1 building can be struck by a bolting strike.

DeletedUser2795

Ah, I see, and, of course, Special buildings only have a level 1 :p

DeletedUser

ok, it's clear with "new city".... but how about "your city" is it applicable?

DeletedUser2795

You can demolish buildings to free up population in any city that is yours. A "new city" is just a city that you have recently conquered. There is nothing more exciting about it.

DeletedUser17045

I wasn't just referring to the special buildings.

For example, if youir harbor gets damaged, and your senate is level 10, you have to rebuild your senate, then rebuild your harbor to build a colony ship.

DeletedUser2795

Of course. I never tried to suggest otherwise, I was just adding an extra bit of info to your explanation :)

DeletedUser

I wasn't just referring to the special buildings.

For example, if youir harbor gets damaged, and your senate is level 10, you have to rebuild your senate, then rebuild your harbor to build a colony ship.

What is the use of demolishing of the Senate to re-build another building in the city? I just wornder to understand....

DeletedUser2795

No, you rebuild the senate to rebuild the other building. Originally, you would have demolished the Senate for some extra population, because all alone, the senate is useless.

DeletedUser

ok, i see. So if my Senate lvl 10 but the rest of buildings were ruined because of attack i should demolish my Senate to what level?

DeletedUser2795

no, let's take an example: You have already demolished your Senate to level 10. your harbor, which requires a senate level 14 to be built, was hit by a bolt and demolished from level 20 to level 19. This means that you can no longer build Colony Ships to conquer people from that city. And because the Harbor requires senate 14, you must build up the senate to level 14 (4 levels) before you can repair your harbor. Then you can demolish your senate again now that you do not need to be building up your harbor.

DeletedUser

Also do not forget the main benefit of the Senate is that will speed up the building times of the other buildings in your city. The higher the level of your Senate the quicker your buildings are built. After your city has been built, you can demolish the Senate down to whatever you like, just make sure you don't forget JKP3nt's advice.

For more detailed information on this and other buildings please refer to the Wiki. It was created to help new players like you, take advantage of it.

DeletedUser

Do you lose the points gained when it was built by demolishing a building?

tia

GP

DeletedUser

When I demolish a building 1 lvl. Would you regain the resources used to build that building?