remark Demolition

DeletedUser27940

Hi Guys, this thread has answered some of my questions, just need another couple answering sorry if they sound stupid.

I understand that any improvements from a building remain to the point that as long as you do not require that level again everything is OK (i.e. you keep horsemen and can still use them when barracks fall below lvl 10 but need to build back to 10 if you require more). And anything to do with buildings is city specific and not player specific.

Is it the same with the Academy, you keep all your benefits if you demolish, even lvl 0,. And are these benefits city specific only or are the player specific and you can utilise them with your other cities. :p

DeletedUser

Hi Guys, this thread has answered some of my questions, just need another couple answering sorry if they sound stupid.

I understand that any improvements from a building remain to the point that as long as you do not require that level again everything is OK (i.e. you keep horsemen and can still use them when barracks fall below lvl 10 but need to build back to 10 if you require more). And anything to do with buildings is city specific and not player specific.

Is it the same with the Academy, you keep all your benefits if you demolish, even lvl 0,. And are these benefits city specific only or are the player specific and you can utilise them with your other cities. :p

You are able to train units with any building level, as long as you have researched them. So if you have a correct barracks level to research a unit and then demolish it after researching that particular unit, you will still be able to recruit that unit - you just won't be able to research it again until the requirements are met again. The exception to this is the Colony Ship. It requires a harbour level for construction too, not just for researching. In that case, if the harbour falls below the required level you must rebuild it in order to construct another Colony Ship.

With the Academy, you keep the researches even if the building is demolished (although the building can only be demolished to level 1, never completely gone). Again, if I remember correctly, the exception is the Colony Ship. Lowering the Academy past the level required for a Colony Ship will result in you being unable to construct Colony Ships in that city, until it is raised to the required level again.

All Academy benefits apply to the city they are researched in. Pretty much everything in the game is relevant only to the city it originated in - Researches only apply to that city, troops can only be launched from that city, buildings only provide bonuses to that city, etc. As always, there's an exception. In this case, the exception is the Premium bonuses. The main bonuses gained from the Premium options apply to your account, not to a specific city.

And there's no need to think that your questions are stupid.. it is better to ask and find out, than stay quiet and never know. :)

DeletedUser27940

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated, I can now go and conquer the world lol

Oh forgot, would i be correct in thinking that when you demolish a building the bonus effects of that building revert to the new level i.e. if building with lvl 10 barracks then you reduce it the build speed also reduces back to the new level?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, that is correct. Demolishing a building will revert it to the previous benefits it provided.

Also, a few troops from the Barracks require a specific Barracks level, demolishing below that will make you unable to train those troops even if you have the technology researched.

DeletedUser

Yes, that is correct. Demolishing a building will revert it to the previous benefits it provided.

Also, a few troops from the Barracks require a specific Barracks level, demolishing below that will make you unable to train those troops even if you have the technology researched.

I thought all barracks units could still be trained, even if the Academy was below the required level, it's just the Colony Ship that can't be produced without the correct Academy level?

DeletedUser

I was talking about the Barracks. Eg. Demolishing it to level 9 will make you unable to build Horsemen, since they have a level 10 Barracks requirement.

DeletedUser

I was talking about the Barracks. Eg. Demolishing it to level 9 will make you unable to build Horsemen, since they have a level 10 Barracks requirement.

Yeah, I thought that the requirement was only to research them, but they could still be trained with a lower level barracks once researched.. I guess I was wrong.

DeletedUser

I'll test it once I can demolish my Barracks in Lamia; speed 1 construction queues are so long. I'm sure it's the other way around though because I always research Horsemen, then try to train them and go "Damn, need to upgrade my Barracks another 5 levels" - I always forget to do it beforehand or during the research.

DeletedUser

I would test it, but I've taken a break to catch up on work and am still in Vacation Mode.. I could have sworn I remember being able to train horsemen after demolishing a barracks to level 1 - but my memory seems to play tricks on me recently so I may well be mistaken.

DeletedUser

Couple of quick questions regarding this topic. Are you saying that if I have, for example, Senate at 24, Farm at 40, have researched the Plow for increased population, and thermal baths so that my population is maxed out, I can demolish the senate back down to anything I want to also increase population; but if I need it to research and build something else (like a colony ship), I just have to build it back up again?

Also, doesn't it cost culture points to demolish? I thought I remember reading that it cost's 1 culture point (per demolished "level" of a building?). So, I could take the Senate down to, say 10 (from 24), but that would 14 culture points to do?

DeletedUser

Couple of quick questions regarding this topic. Are you saying that if I have, for example, Senate at 24, Farm at 40, have researched the Plow for increased population, and thermal baths so that my population is maxed out, I can demolish the senate back down to anything I want to also increase population; but if I need it to research and build something else (like a colony ship), I just have to build it back up again?

Also, doesn't it cost culture points to demolish? I thought I remember reading that it cost's 1 culture point (per demolished "level" of a building?). So, I could take the Senate down to, say 10 (from 24), but that would 14 culture points to do?

You could demolish the Senate, yes. If you then needed to research Colony Ship, you would only need to rebuild the Senate if it was required to build the Academy to the required level. You don't need the Senate to research, just to build.

Culture Points are used to un-research technology in the Academy. 1 Culture Point per technology revoked. Demolition is entirely free.

DeletedUser

Also, you can't demolish your Senate below level 10. This is because you require a level 10 Senate to be able demolish buildings.

DeletedUser

Also, you can't demolish your Senate below level 10. This is because you require a level 10 Senate to be able demolish buildings.

I thought that was the case, but someone recently told me that you can demolish it to level 9 - you just cannot demolish anything else until you rebuild it to level 10. Whether or not they were telling the truth, I don't know.

DeletedUser

That sounds about right but haven't done it myself and I forgot what was said about it previously.

DeletedUser

demolishing Thermal baths.

I constructed the baths to get the extra population, and I trained extra troops. If I demolish the baths do I lose the extra troops I trained? and do I still get the 60 population used in the baths?

DeletedUser

I constructed the baths to get the extra population, and I trained extra troops. If I demolish the baths do I lose the extra troops I trained? and do I still get the 60 population used in the baths?

You cannot demolish it unless you have enough free population to do so. If you do demolish it, though, you will receive back the 60 population used to build it.

DeletedUser8969

actually it is level 9 for senate. with a level 9 senate you cannot demolish any buildings, so if you want to demolish buildings you would need to build it back up a level.

demolishing the academy at all gets rid of it's most important benefit. you can't do city festivals without a max academy.

only noobs demo the academy. top players don't demo academies. you won't be able to generate city slots with any rapidity if you only do it on bps.

saving pop is not very smart if you are doing it at the expense of culture level growth.

DeletedUser

Thanks for clarifying Senate level required for demolishing. I knew it was one or the other.