Reservation Feature - Feedback

DeletedUser

Quick Question; Under Reservation Settings there is a line of text that I cant wrap my mind around. What does this mean exactly?

"Maximum number of reservations per player: (<--I get that but you cant add a number here yet?)
"Available culture points +" <-------(I guess you enter a number here? What does this mean?)

DeletedUser

Quick Question; Under Reservation Settings there is a line of text that I cant wrap my mind around. What does this mean exactly?

"Maximum number of reservations per player: (<--I get that but you cant add a number here yet?)
"Available culture points +" <-------(I guess you enter a number here? What does this mean?)

Shouldn't it be number of slots?

I thought about that as well but it says specifically ""Available culture points +"" which is making me wonder exactly how it works, clarity on this would be amazing.

-Casper

DeletedUser23516

Its how many cities you can reserve. You get 1 city for every culture point, then the alliance can set an amount of extra reserves you can make. That is the "+" part

DeletedUser

So to clarify, is this based on culture points? or total culture level? As an example lets say I have 6 cities and 45 culture points (Culture Level 7. Does that mean I can make 45 reserves? or 1?

DeletedUser27700

That means you can make 1 reservation. Or how ever many your admin says you can.
I have set it to 1 in my alliance just to keep things simple for now. So if someone has any amount of empty slots, they can make 1 claim

DeletedUser

That means you can make 1 reservation. Or how ever many your admin says you can.
I have set it to 1 in my alliance just to keep things simple for now. So if someone has any amount of empty slots, they can make 1 claim

Thanks a billion, exactly what I was looking for.

DeletedUser36146

Thanks a billion, exactly what I was looking for.

Matbe so but sadly not accurate. Having just spent 24 hrs playing around with the reservation tool in Corinth it appears to work fine once you know what your doing - that can however take a little time and practice. So........

Firstly you need to give yourself rights (irrelevant of your existing status founder leader etc). However having done that I found I was unable to remove them afterwards so issue sparingly.

To claim a city easily go to your intended target click on the city>city info and there is now a reserve button at the bottom.
Clicking on it puts the claim in the reservation tool with the default settings. All players should be able to do this.
This will now put the relevant icon on the map as well as adding the comments to the city info (and even the attack button)
So far it is not possible to claim the same city twice.

For normal players to delete a claim the release button on city info does not seem to work but if you go to the tool itself use the red "X" on the right it will give you a drop down click and confirm - job done.
Note you can only enter claims for yourself

So far the above has worked for ALL players irrelevant of status.

For the Administrators:-

if you wish to enter claims for others
Go to the Reservation Tool (RT) click add new reservation use the pop up to enter the city name - by default it will have your name just below it - click the x and enter claimants name then click add reservation.
When deleting click the red "X" at the end but this time it will give you 2 options delete the claim entirely or free up the claim by releasing it to the alliance> select as appropriate.....confirm etc etc

Map Icons
Claims that have been made are represented on the map by a circle symbol over the city with a square inside
Yellow = your claim
Blue = alliance claim
Green = pact claim (if you share it)

If you wish to share the RT you need to go into settings and manually input your pact ally name and then they have to accept it - similar to shared tabs

Whilst there you will note the default settings for claim validity is 7 days (we switched it to 3) and the number of claims a player can make is culture points +5. This is misleading - its actually city slots + 5. So if you have 3 slots you can claim 8 cities LOL . A setting of 0 would give you claim only if you have the slot(s) We set ours to +1 as players often launch a long cs etc...........

REPOS

Sadly theres is no way to add ALL of a players cities However the good news is you dont have to type them all in by hand either. I found the easiest was to go to your old forum list of available cities>click on the city > click city info>then use the reserve button to reserve it for yourself.Once completed go to the RT select the Own tab > click the delete button but this time select the lower option "delete player assignment". This will free the claim up for the alliance - place an icon with a big white tick over the city. Tips-alter the no of claims to 20 or 30 whilst adding a lot of repos as you can do them in a batch rather than one at a time then revert settings back once done. NOTE using this method cleses the forum page every 5 city info clicks but otherwise its a lot faster approx 200 repos in 30 mins "phew"
These repo or free for the alliance claims will all appear in the new tab.

Clearing completed claims couldnt be easier. click the icon top right for expired reservations and it will filter those cities where the time limit has expired AND those cities where the owner is now the claimant (ie conquered)

There are a few other small bits like the search filters but Im sure most of you will figure those out.

Im actually quite impressed with it so far barring a couple of minor glitches and the REPO thing.

The new toolbar is sadly a different story

DeletedUser

Overall I am very happy with the reservation system - it will save hours of copy-and-paste by forum moderators.

I run across and interesting scenario though.

As said before, you can share your reservations with pact alliance; let's use Ally AAAA and Ally BBBB.

Someone from Ally AAAA posts a city without a player assignment (ie - release for alliance). From that point on players in both AAAA and BBBB can see the city, but only the players from AAAA can 'reserve' the city. Players from BBBB will get a message saying "The City is reserved for a Pact Alliance".

Just curious to know if this was intentional or oversight. It would be nice to post an inactive, or ghost, to both alliances that are sharing a reservation pane.

Last question - since I have noticed that the 'reservations' don't disappear once the claimant takes control of the city, does it disappear when it Expires?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I find Grep Rimmer's summary is fairly complete and accurate from my own experimentation - Thanks GR
one thing to note that I found - when adjusting the number of claims a person can make, you can not set it to +0 (ie. can only claim if you have an open slot) the system will default to +1. While this isn't exactly terrible, I know there are some leaders that feel you shouldn't be allowed to make a claim unless you are ready to launch; which obviously someone with no slots is not.

DeletedUser

What is Reserving Mean

What does it mean to reserve i clicked on it on someones name and i have no clue what it does.

DeletedUser27700

It tells your alliance members what City you are interested in taking over.

DeletedUser

So far i think the RT is great... my only criticism is that it needs to send a request to the Alliance leaders before the claim is put in so they can moderate the Alliance claims. Other than that, seems pretty flawless to me?

DeletedUser

I agree, I find the Reservation Tool a fantastic addition to the game. And it definitely eliminates confusion among members in alliances on who is claiming what.

I have had a few bug issues with it though. When trying to send it wouldn't let me because it was claimed by an alliance-mate. Refreshing the browser/restarting didn't fix it, but when I cleared my cache, it was ok. Also, it seems that only those authorized to accept reservations can delete them. I'd like the ability to delete my own claim.

On a completely random note, the reservation box (when posted in the forum etc.) is at least 30 pixels wider than the report box (when posted). The OCD person in me is bothered by this. :)

All in all, it's a great tool and it makes both the players and the leaders of alliances' jobs much easier. Props!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have found a slight problem with it - if this could even be classified as a problem; more like, a little suggestion. After conquering a reserved city, I think the reservation should be deleted automatically. I reserved a city then conquered it and a couple days later, got the report that my reservation had expired. It would be easier to delete it automatically upon a successful conquest. ;)

DeletedUser36146

After a few days Im finding the application problems

1] Any form of claims approval by leaders still needs the forum method
2] Filters do not allow for geographical location
3] Settings do not allow for minimum city size

REPOS " free for alliance" are a nightmare!!!

1] each city has to be input by hand using the add reservation - free to alliance method
2] desperately needs a release all of player "A"s cities button
3] It may seem ok when you nly have a couple - wait till your bigger players leave or worse post WW
4] I currently have over 300 repos to input by hand - deep sigh
5] you need to alter the time limit whilst inputting them
otherwise they expire in 3-4 days and then you have to delete 300 expired ones
and input them all over again
6] the only solution is to give repos a 30 day life by adjusting the setting
input them by hand then revert settings back so claims on them are for 3-4 days
so for 2 hrs or so the RT is offline to alliance

Why doesnt things like the white ticks show up on the mini - map that would be useful

I have yet to experience the "warning" you are trying to attack a fellow players claim -
I think that will be the final straw

I know you say these are beta tested but thats just debugging - are they ever alpha tested

In all seriousness it seems all upgrades these days are designed by noobs for noobs.

The toolbar big "buy premium" icon - for noobs who dont know about premium
The envoy - so noobs dont accidently lose myth units/can support any city without having to think
The RT tool so noobs dont have to read the forums or have to think etc etc

What next a click to win button? (increased chance with extra gold of course)

10/10 for effort but sadly3/10 for achievement

DeletedUser27700

I don't see your point here. Nothing you mentioned is worse than the old systems, just different. It can all be resolved by having a decent Reservation admin.

DeletedUser36146

I'll keep it simple for you-
1]you have taken the claims approval out of the leaders hands - without reverting to the old forum method
and if thats the case (apart from a few icons to avoid noob friendly fire (which will still happen) whats the point)
2]repos have to be input by hand (each town one at a time)
3]expiring claims arent renewable/extendable creating a lot of confusion
4]Using the delete player assignment has no effect on the claim time limit

I will make a correction to my previous post - when input the long handed way repos dont expire per se
but they cant be filtered with a seperate tab and so result in (currently) 60 pages of claims to scroll thru
to see whats being claimed.

It may be ok with a small alliance - imagine it with 100+

DeletedUser27700

I understand all this, but it is just a tool. Just because it is there, does not mean you have to use it.
Sure, it may not be perfect, but you still have your old school way of doing it too. You sound like they took your forums away, or are keeping you from having a claims tab in them.

It is simple to me, either use it and deal with it, or ignore it and stop using it. Either way, I am sure that your feedback is heard and some of the things you mentioned will be fixed eventually.