Passed Retraining Troops

• Thread starter DeletedUser8396
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't like it, you should plan your cities well. If it turns out your city/military planning was inadequate, then so be it. No mulligans.

DeletedUser

@ Horus - It may just be me waking up...but let me try to take a guess at what you are saying...

The swordmen cost is:
W - 95
St - 0
Si - 85

The chariot cost is:
W - 200
St - 440
Si - 320

So the cost would be for the switch:
W - 105
St - 440
Si - 235

???

If so, I disagree. Because what if you were to switch a chariot into 4 swordmen? the stone would go nowhere. I think a flat rate discount is the best because it works with all units.

nope.avi

At the very least, the cost would be 10% less than going into the unit, so the cost for the switch would be 400 stone, 180 wood, and 188 silver, maybe lower as it is debatable.

You will have to do this anyway as going from a swordsmen to a hoplite means you lose the wood that went into the swordsmen, same goes for opposite way with stone.

DeletedUser8396

What I am thinking, and probably the way it will go as it keeps it simple:

A hoplite wants to be a swordman.

The discount will be 7% (10 is too much...5 is too little)

Swordman original cost:
W - 95
St - 0
Si - 85

With 7 % discount:
W - 88
St - 0
Si - 79

Personally, I think we should just discontinue the talk of the resource cost. No matter what we propose, IG is most likely going to do it their own way with a bunch of fancy math.

DeletedUser

Yeah agreed with the fancy math point.

So effectively we agree on how the costs should be aligned, that was my point to begin with, that it should cost a sizable amount of unit Bs costs, which unit A is going to be trained into.

DeletedUser8396

Yeah...pretty much lol

sooooo...we have resources "ok'd"

Now what?

DeletedUser11965

No i mean easier as i can get the farms then turn the units into ships.

DeletedUser8396

That wouldnt be beneficial to you for this reason:

The 12 hour option gives you 4 troops. Assuming you did that with all 8 farms, you would get 32 troops (about 4 transports). You still must pay for the discounted ts.

But, the time you must wait from the farms to reset, the amount of resources you could have gotten from them FAR outweighs the discount. Thus making the farm recruit troops still useless.

DeletedUser30636

i think instead of a percentage discount, it should just charge you what you havny paid for ex. if you had 1 slinger(cost=55,100,40), and turned him into an archer (cost=120,0,75) it should only cost 65,(refunded 100 stone), 35. i got these prices from subtracting the original prices from the other units prices, this way the player would still be paying the sam amount of resources just recycled resources. but otherwise its a great idea

DeletedUser

The above counter-suggestion would be difficult to add into the idea, as that would require more complicated equations to work, which would result in more lagg, more bugs, etc... greater difficulty in implementation.

DeletedUser30636

really? whats easier to do find a percentage of a number or subtract? let me try to be more clear, just for an example, 1 swordsman costed 100 wood, 50stone, and 100 silver. turn him into slinger cost for a slinger is 100 wood, 150 stone, 200 silver. but if you switched it would only cost no wood, 100 stone, and 100 silver, it took me alot longer to find seven percent of that number. sorry if you alreayd understood but i just dont see how this is more confusing. or how it would make it lag, and more bugs. the equation is a simple subtracting problem 3rd grader could do it, but a 3rd grader cant find what seven percent of a number is.

DeletedUser

really? whats easier to do find a percentage of a number or subtract? let me try to be more clear, just for an example, 1 swordsman costed 100 wood, 50stone, and 100 silver. turn him into slinger cost for a slinger is 100 wood, 150 stone, 200 silver. but if you switched it would only cost no wood, 100 stone, and 100 silver, it took me alot longer to find seven percent of that number. sorry if you alreayd understood but i just dont see how this is more confusing. or how it would make it lag, and more bugs. the equation is a simple subtracting problem 3rd grader could do it, but a 3rd grader cant find what seven percent of a number is.

We're not talking units in one or two increments, since this option will go up to hundreds, if not thousands of units being changed in practice and the difference can't simply be added or subtracted as there is a great difference in farm space between different units (therefore resource ratios to FS ratios, i.e; slingers to horsemen, archers to chariots, etc...), and going simply off 'what is missing' isn't going to be easy as 100 archers are going to consume a lot more wood than trying to change them into 25 chariots, so where does the extra wood go?

Percentages are easier to work out, they would require less coding to balance than the above idea, hence why the flat-rate discount was proposed.

DeletedUser8396

Agreed with Horus.

I dont want to do any math atm...but let me get your head spinning with what COULD happen.

Your city has 500 chariots. You want to have 1800 slingers and 29 transports.

Ok, you calculate that number before I take 10 % off and see who gets done faster.

DeletedUser30636

but then again this is just my opinion and its your idea, nevertheless though its a great idea

DeletedUser8396

Well, its better thanjust saying you like it and nothing else. Thanks for contributing :)

btw- were you the one that +repped me?

DeletedUser8396

Just a tip - Usually when you + or - rep someone, it is polite to put a short little message saying why you did it, a joke, etc. and put your name :)

Thanks for the rep :)

Back on topic-

Looks like we are running out of things to talk about on this idea :rolleyes: lol

Any thoughts by some newcomers to this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.