Revolt - 1.12 update

DeletedUser

I should have explained the new revolt system in more depth yesterday, my apologies. Please be aware that this system will only be introduced on new worlds. The current worlds will not be effected. This will come into effect on world Zeta which we intend to launch on Thursday 6th of May.

The revolt system is a slightly more complex system involving a lot of tactical elements and improves gameplay. We need to bring this in as a better balancing system for smaller players as they are effectively locked out of the game when a colonisation occurs.

Revolt will replace conquest in the academy. When a player attacks his opponent he will have the option of declaring a revolt. He raises a rebel army during the assault and then departs, as for a normal attack. The rebels attempt to gain support during the next twelve hours. After these twelve hours have passed the revolt begins. This revolt lasts another twelve hours. If the original attacker then arrives with a colony ship within the time of the revolt and wins the fight he will take the city.

During this entire period the player suffering the revolt still has full control of his city and can build regiments and buildings.

DeletedUser

Hmm, I think it still sounds a bit lame and it's adding to the defenders bonus even more than the wall and militia, plus they can stack defense and we can't stack offense.

But I just hope that this won't be on all new worlds, like how theres coins and packets in different worlds in TW.

DeletedUser

Thanks for clarifying. We appreciate the prompt clarification and also the disclosure of the release date for Zeta server.

Many of us hope that 'revolt' is not implemented in all future worlds. Here is to hoping that some future worlds still have conquest so that there is variety in gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can't promise that it won't be on all future worlds though I hope that it will be a feature like in Tribal wars where 'traditional' settings can be used from time to time.

DeletedUser

i have some questions about revolt.

1. will it be a special type of attack like breakthrough? or just normal? if it is special are there any penalties?

2. do you need to train a special unit to go along with your forces that you send to try and gain support for the revolution?

3. The description says the army will attempt to gather support for a revolt in 12 hours then a revolt begins wherein you can now send your colony ship. Does your army that attempts to gather support for the revolt stay in the city for the 12 hour period? or do they go home?

4. The player retains full control of the city? so they can demolish buildings, reset researches, and research useless technologies. Is this correct?

5. Do we have an official guarantee that current worlds will not be affected?

6. Will the attacking player be able to see countdown timers? such as how long before the populace is ready to revolt and how long does he have to send a colony ship before the opportunity of colonizing ends?

sort of like the conquer timer we have now.

7. just to clarify although im sure the answer is yes. the 12 hours mentioned is time in speed one worlds?

DeletedUser

This sounds beyond horrible...this sounds ignorant of the developers to think anyone wants this.

DeletedUser809

I'm guessing the "attempts" to gain support is meant to be simply gains support or am I wrong? Is there some way the defending player or his alliance can stop the revolt from gaining enough support to happen or does it all depend on the balance of forces in the original attack?

DeletedUser

it sounds like it could work.

I have to admit I was pretty worried about a lack of options if my first/only city was conquered before I had a chance to conquer another one myself.

DeletedUser

a couple more questions...

how many revolts can take place in the same city if you say the original attacker returns? will this turn into who is closer with a cs?

by landing during the revolt and winning the battle to take control of the city, does this mean that you can lose/conquer a city in 12 hours and a couple minutes, or 6:01 in 2x speed worlds?

DeletedUser2413

This brings up a good point, what if another player not involved in initiating the revolt hits with a CS in the time of the revolt... do they get the city?

I am so torn on what to think about this... on one hand it rally sucks to see something so potentially game shattering into a game that is this developed.

On the other hand it could be interesting to see how this will play out on a new server... I don't imagine the Dev's would be stupid enough to not revert to the 'old' system if Zeta just dies after 2 weeks.

DeletedUser

This new system really isn't that difficult to understand. Basically the roles are reversed from the conquest system and the time can be cut in half to conquer.

Before: Attacker -> Attacks to clear, CS Hits, Siege begins, Support siege, Defend and wait until conquer.
Now: Attacker -> Attacks to clear for revolt, Revolt begins, waits for 12 hours (Can keep attacking to clear target), Attacks Again for CS to conquer during second 12 hour window.

Before: Defender -> Defends, If siege begins, asks others to attack city to destroy conquest attempt.
Now: Defender -> Defends against Revolt Attack, Defends for 12 hours if uprising begins, Defends Again Against Attacks and CS conquer attempt.

DeletedUser

There is a fundamental flaw, if Zeus told exactly what will happen.

Zeus said:
If the original attacker then arrives with a colony ship within the time of the revolt and wins the fight he will take the city.

If a dodge counts as a loss, then it is sufficient to organize an uprising attack every 12 hours by a teammate and your city can never be conquered...

DeletedUser

If a dodge counts as a loss, then it is sufficient to organize an uprising attack every 12 hours by a teammate and your city can never be conquered...

that is the whole point of it from what i can see you get your friends to help you out which means it becomes more of a team game now in the new worlds and therefore it is vital that in an alliance you play together as a team as this quote i love using says 'there is no I in TEAM' so we must pull together as a team for us to stay alive longer

DeletedUser

New Revolt Based Conquest System

This is what I have gotten out of it for now. I'll try and keep this updated with anything new.

Pictures

Attack Screen:

2dm9mhd.jpg

Revolt Option Attack in Progress to Target City:

1j5fty.jpg

Uprising in Progress:

2pqqt06.jpg

CS has been sent to arrive soon after the uprising ends

nydw05.jpg

Second 12 hours - Revolt in Progress

famxdu.jpg

How it Works:

Revolt has replaced Conquest as the researchable technology in the academy. To be able to send a revolt attack, the attacking city must have researched Revolt.

24fmihu.jpg

Conquest/Revolt Steps:

1. Clear the city being conquered
2. Attack -> 'Revolt' Option Attack (Can send minimum troops or use as clearing attack; if it clears revolt process - uprising will begin)
3. Troops from 'revolt' attack return home
4. Target city is uprising for 12 hours after 'revolt' attack hits
5. After 12 hour uprising ends, the attacker has another 12 hours for a colony ship to arrive and conquer the city. (Send the colony ship as regular attack with troops; It'll show up as a city takeover)
6. Clear the city again for the colony ship. (Meanwhile, the defender can build troops during that 12 hour uprising period and receive support up until your attacks hit)
7. If the city is cleared and the colony ship arrives during the second 12 hour window, the city will automatically be taken.

It's pretty simple to understand actually.

I'd assume the times are cut in half for gamma and reduced for other faster worlds, so the good news is conquering can take up to half less time than before.

Before: Attacker -> Attacks to clear, CS Hits, Siege begins, Support siege, Defend and wait until conquer.
After: Attacker -> Attacks to clear for revolt, Revolt begins, waits for 12 hours (Can keep attacking to clear target), Attacks Again for CS to conquer during second 12 hour window.

Before: Defender -> Defends, If siege begins, asks others to attack city to destroy conquest attempt.
After: Defender -> Defends against Revolt Attack, Defends for 12 hours if uprising begins, Defends Again Against Attacks and CS conquer attempt.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can you reset a revolt by sending another revolt attack as one is already in progress?

No you cannot. The second revolt attack acts as a regular attack.

Can multiple revolts be initiated in a single city by different players?

Yes. Multiple players can start revolts in the same city. The first colony ship to arrive in the second 1 hour window will conquer the city.

Do attackers/defenders see timers for their revolt?

Yes. Refer to the images above. The first 12 hour window is the uprising period. Once that 12 hours has ended, a second 12 hour window will begin, which is the revolt period.

DeletedUser

that is the whole point of it from what i can see you get your friends to help you out which means it becomes more of a team game now in the new worlds and therefore it is vital that in an alliance you play together as a team as this quote i love using says 'there is no I in TEAM' so we must pull together as a team for us to stay alive longer

I completely disagree... Doing as I said before is not teamplay, is exploiting a game mechanic preventing a game situation to happen.

Now you can do teamplay heavily supporting eachother. After the update you just have to posess two players on the same island and they would never be conquered no matter what.

DeletedUser

I just have a question: Will this change only be introduced to new worlds ever? Or will it be introduced to old worlds in a few weeks?

DeletedUser

I completely disagree... Doing as I said before is not teamplay, is exploiting a game mechanic preventing a game situation to happen.

Now you can do teamplay heavily supporting eachother. After the update you just have to posess two players on the same island and they would never be conquered no matter what.

yes you do have to rely on team mates at the moment but when this comes out you will have to even more as you can just get your mate to target the attackers so they have to defend their own city so therefore they wont be able to help their team mates defend their cities in that time period of the revolt and CS attacking

DeletedUser

wow thats a good exploit. You just have to win so a revolt attack by 20 horses would be enough to reset the counter. However im sure this has gone thru extensive playtesting in the grepolis beta test server and the developers have already seen this exploit and taken steps to make sure it doesnt happen :)

DeletedUser

wow thats a good exploit. You just have to win so a revolt attack by 20 horses would be enough to reset the counter. However im sure this has gone thru extensive playtesting in the grepolis beta test server and the developers have already seen this exploit and taken steps to make sure it doesnt happen :)

Ouch... I was wrong... It's even worse... After the uprising is finished the revolt starts automatically. Only the original attacker can conquer the polis sending a CS. Then only 1 attack is needed everyday. At least if the counter is impossible to reset... In that case you have one motto to play Grepolis...

"One attack a day leaves the conquest away" rotfl

The only way to prevent the exploiting would be making impossible the conquest within the same alliance. Something I never saw in any conquest-based game I played.