Revolt - 1.12 update

DeletedUser809

Upon reflection.. a better system would be some sort of 'occupation'.. where a player can still own the polis, but only gets half the resources generated. The occupying player gets the other half. Occupied player can build, and train troops at 1/2 speed. Occupying player can leave troops there as an occupying force, but they count towards their farm total. Occupied player can 'revolt' and take back city with his troops....

just a thought

I think until people have actually used the revolt system in game there will be a slow learning curve on how to use it.

This idea that you've proposed is somewhat similar to the set up they have in Astroempires. There you can never conquer the bases of other players, you can only occupy them. You get a bonus plunder once a day and you also get a portion of the base's hourly income. Occupations require constant maintenance with reinforcements and the base's owner can research technologies and build structures that make their own troops more effective than the occupier's although building times are cut by 50% and income is cut by 1/3. This system means that anyone can play as long as they want but aggressive players can force others to restart as permanent occupations can be difficult to break; although definitely not impossible if you have a good guild and you know how to use your units effectively to drive up the cost of the occupation.

DeletedUser

I think until people have actually used the revolt system in game there will be a slow learning curve on how to use it.

This idea that you've proposed is somewhat similar to the set up they have in Astroempires. There you can never conquer the bases of other players, you can only occupy them. You get a bonus plunder once a day and you also get a portion of the base's hourly income. Occupations require constant maintenance with reinforcements and the base's owner can research technologies and build structures that make their own troops more effective than the occupier's although building times are cut by 50% and income is cut by 1/3. This system means that anyone can play as long as they want but aggressive players can force others to restart as permanent occupations can be difficult to break; although definitely not impossible if you have a good guild and you know how to use your units effectively to drive up the cost of the occupation.

sounds like a ridiculous system. I want to conquer and use that city and add it to my empire, not receive tribute from it. I hate systems that will tell me i can not conquer the every last settlement of my enemy.

DeletedUser

This new system
will finish with the pleasure of playing this kind of games.

where is the interest of being an offensive player
if we gain more as being deffensive in this new system ?!

i play TW for so long
and honestly
this will favour Turtles and point W....
and those that are agressive players
will finish to quit this world.

DeletedUser

Update 1.13 said:
defender can't see attackers plan to do revolt anymore

Just so I understand this right: Does this mean that if I send my initial attack as revolt, the defender might be let to think that this could be just a normal attack and thus will probably not take it so seriously? So when the 12h waiting time is over, I have my colony-ship land and bang - the city is gone? The only clue he'll have now is the running time of my colony-ship, no more indication of a revolt like in the screenshots posted in post #15 from Eclipse?

DeletedUser2795

If I interpret it correctly, it means that the defender will not be able to tell a revolt attack from a regular attack until it hits and the timer starts :S

DeletedUser

Why every game like that in the beginning is cool and interesting and later on, the devs decide to change it dramatically and change it for bad.
Thats a rhetorical question and i am still trying to answer it by myslef.

DeletedUser

Still not sure if I will like this option have to wait and see how it plays

DeletedUser2795

It has already been implemented and the worlds have been around a reasonable time.

DeletedUser

I honestly don't get that
If somebody could explain it clearer...

DeletedUser2795

Steps:
-build Academy to at least 22
-research C-Ship
-build academy to at least 28
-Research revolt
-build harbor to at least to 20
-build at least one C-Ship
-get at least enough CP for the next city
-send at least one revolt attack at someone
-time a C-Ship to land twelve to twenty-four hours after the revolt attack succeeds.
-Pray that your C-Ship is not destroyed
-Own the city when the C-Ship *successfully* lands