Riddle Rampage

• Thread starter DeletedUser47263
  • Start date

DeletedUser47263

well, with all the arguing in several threads, I thought I would make one for fun. so, I've made a riddle thread. here's how it works: I'll start and post a riddle, and people can try to get the answer. when one person gets the answer, the person who posted the riddle lets them know it's right. then the person who got the right answer (or the first person to get the right answer if there's more then one) can post a riddle of their own. simple, right? hopefully, we can keep this thread completely free of arguments and just have fun.

now, I'm not really good at riddles, but I searched my mind for the best one I could find. so here's the first riddle:

What always runs but never walks,
Often hums but never talks?

*note- due to circumstances, I will not be checking this forum too often; therefore, I have given the answer to Jamovic. he will tell you if the answer is right, should he happen to see the answer before I do.

DeletedUser

CORRECT RED-Heres my one Question: A poor man is sitting in a pub. He sees that the man next to him is extremely rich.

Poor man: I have an amazing talent; I know almost every song that has ever existed.

The rich man laughs.

Poor man: I am willing to bet you all the money you have in your wallet that I can sing a popular song that includes a lady's name of your choosing.

The rich man laughs again.

Rich man: OK, how about my daughter's name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller?

The poor man goes home rich.

What song did he sing?

DeletedUser33794

CORRECT RED-Heres my one Question: A poor man is sitting in a pub. He sees that the man next to him is extremely rich.

Poor man: I have an amazing talent; I know almost every song that has ever existed.

The rich man laughs.

Poor man: I am willing to bet you all the money you have in your wallet that I can sing a popular song that includes a lady's name of your choosing.

The rich man laughs again.

Rich man: OK, how about my daughter's name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller?

The poor man goes home rich.

What song did he sing?

can be sung with any name HAPPY BIRTHDAY

DeletedUser

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

DeletedUser47263

a river.

looks like the idea of the riddle solver posting the next riddle is being disregarded... oh well. :)

go ahead and post another, jamo (assuming I got it)- I got nothing.

DeletedUser

this is balls-everyone is using google...lol!i'm going to have to think of something really obscure like 'my first is in teapot but not in canal'i might just make up a Bs one and keep you all guessing for a month.....;)

DeletedUser45299

you are at the bottom of a long spiral staircase.
There are 3 light switches on the wall next to you.
at the top of the sprial staircase is a long corridor with 3 lights in it.
You cannot see the corridor from where you are stood and you can only walk up the stairs once.

How do you know which light switch is for which light when you arrive at the top of the stairs?

DeletedUser

i was actually going to post this one yesterday -its a toughy...if noone gets it in 24 hrs i'll post a hint.

DeletedUser47263

this is balls-everyone is using google...lol!i'm going to have to think of something really obscure like 'my first is in teapot but not in canal'i might just make up a Bs one and keep you all guessing for a month.....;)

I didn't use google. I've just heard that one before.

DeletedUser

Probably not the answer and just semantics but I'd turn 1 light on and walk up the staircase then go back down, turn another 1 on and run up the stairs. ;)

DeletedUser

you can only go up the stairs once-
hint-think of another form of energy you could use instead of relying just on light....

DeletedUser

ok well done Osiris..
The answer i believe is you turn on the first switch and leave it on for a few minutes.then you switch it off and turn on the second switch,after walking to the top of the stairs you see which light is on and which bulb is warm ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser45299

ok well done Osiris..
The answer i believe is you turn on the first switch and leave it on for a few minutes.then you switch it off and turn on the second switch,after walking to the top of the stairs you see which light is on and which bulb is warm ?

And we have a winner 10 points to jamo :)

here's another until someone else posts one *said looking at jamo *hint hint*

Pronounced as one letter,
But written with three,
Two letters there are,
And only two in me.
I'm double, I'm single,
I'm black, blue, and gray,
I'm read from both ends,
And the same either way.
What am I?

And another one for you as well:

If you look you cannot see me. And if you see me you cannot see anything else. I can make anything you want happen, but later everything goes back to normal. What am I?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser47263

Pronounced as one letter,
But written with three,
Two letters there are,
And only two in me.
I'm double, I'm single,
I'm black, blue, and gray,
I'm read from both ends,
And the same either way.
What am I?

Eye!