Inactive Topic Secretly open a message.

DeletedUser

Proposal: Have a button on the right hand side of the message (visual aids), allowing you to open and read a message without the sender getting an icon showing that the recipient has read said message.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Absolutely, idea has never been suggested as far as I can see.

Reason: To be a little bit crafty regarding the giving away of your time zone. Often, people send a message to an enemy just to trick them into giving away their time-zone. With this, the recipient can be a bit crafty, and open the message secretly to see if it's legit. If it seems like a time-zone message, you can mark as read for the sender at a later time. (Preferably giving them false time-zone information by opening it at a strange time)

Details: Same as above. Why do we even have this 'Details' part? D:

Visual Aids:

Nooby, but you get the idea
mhaywl.jpg

Balance: No

Abuse Prevention: No

Summary: Read the post again.

DeletedUser20429

I love this idea! Great Kanga. I would like to see more great ideas like this one! A Major yes from me ;)

DeletedUser

Love it! However a bit of clarification, if you "read secretly" then reply, it automatically marks it as read?? Otherwise it will be confusing :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

A yes from me. Small improvement with big changes in the positive, cant get better than that!

DeletedUser

Seems like a decent idea, I can see reasons why someone could possibly object to this, but I don't care either way. I hope this passes.

DeletedUser3613

Meh !! I don't like this one kanga, I see no point in making such a change, if you want to fool someone about offline times then dont open it for a few days or last thing at night. It doesn't improve or even effect game play in any way at all

sorry for the negativity but i calls em how i sees em

DeletedUser14492

YES from me.

However, I generally open suspicious or enemy e-mails at strange times that bare little relation to my time zone. Sometimes I will leave a message unopened for a couple of days to keep em stewing.

;-)

But it would be nice not to have to play those games and just read messages when I want, so its a yes to this idea.

Ev

DeletedUser31161

Next time i want someone to think i am blocking him... But i think this would be overused. Whith everyone using it for every situation.

So No

DeletedUser

Dont like this idea simple because of the fact I like to get peoples timezones from sending messages like this lol.

DeletedUser29371

I think it needs something in return...... Actually remove annoying LB from Zeus add this and make it cost 50 favor or so.

On the other hand you can simply read message later huh? click X and dont open it

DeletedUser

I like this. There is no reason why anyone should be aware of what I have read or not read. or the timing. And that never should have been coded into the game. It's giving free advantages to players who create spam tying up server resources that could be put to better use elsewhere.

If you want to know what time I've heard the message from your Envoy -kindly send one. If he returns alive, you will know the time I heard it. If, however, he winds up in the pit, you will have to draw your own conclusions as to my reaction to your missive, and whether it was a disagreeable fragment of dinner, or the sore head from a late night of carousing that prompted my response.

DeletedUser29371

I like this. There is no reason why anyone should be aware of what I have read or not read. or the timing. And that never should have been coded into the game. It's giving free advantages to players who create spam tying up server resources that could be put to better use elsewhere.

If you want to know what time I've heard the message from your Envoy -kindly send one. If he returns alive, you will know the time I heard it. If, however, he winds up in the pit, you will have to draw your own conclusions as to my reaction to your missive, and whether it was a disagreeable fragment of dinner, or the sore head from a late night of carousing that prompted my response.

Bah simply dont open message?

IS IT SO HARD?

Its good thing that we can pick times from that.... why not curiosity killed the cat :p

When enemy sends me message i intentionally pick it up before i go to bed and they think i just got online!

DeletedUser

Next time i want someone to think i am blocking him... But i think this would be overused. Whith everyone using it for every situation.

So No

Yeah, if someone uses mails to check my online times I just tell them I'm blocking them and to have a nice day. :) I hate full mailboxes.. :( lol

I don't see the point in this idea though. I'll let the discussion continue though. Remember to keep it on-topic and constructive..any off-topic or one word posts will be deleted. :)