Inactive Topic Send Research Over When You Settle/Conquer

DeletedUser30838

what you are saying is slightly illogical. You are saying that the people smart enough for the tech, sent their own people (still smart enough for the tech) and instantly when the got there they became complete and total morons until the construct a building...no.

The only required thing should be academy level one.

lmao!!!

DeletedUser11965

of course the obvious 3 choices to pick are: Colony Ship, Conquest, and one of those 10% boost things xD

DeletedUser8396

my point exactly. they arent reading it. until they do, they dont need tovwaste mine and their time wth stupid, senseless, uneducated posts.

DeletedUser18132

I really like it, but perhaps instead of getting three new ones automatically, you could replace three researches if you wanted to.

DeletedUser8396

lol...indeed they did

would like more thoughts on this...as i want it now :(

also @ sj, i dont quite understand what you mean

DeletedUser

Sending researches over with a conquest, is imo not a very smooth thing to do and very unlogical.
What if you don't take the city? And how would you be supposed to send a research over there and conquer it afterwards? Doesn't make any sense to me.. How would you even be supposed to know what researches you have already sent over there? A special window for that would mean a great coding change as you'd need to make a new attacksort, a new window typefor the city, and a new time frame in which the city needs to get conquerd in order too have the researches implented.. I don't see the devs doing that.

I do like the idea though, a lot, so I suggest you can send researches over to cities you already possess by researches a new research in the academy of the city your sending from called: Send research.
You'd be able to send three researches to the city, and they can only be implented if the city has enough research points and the academy has a high enough level to get them in the first place.. So you wouldn't have to use valuable resources to research them, just spread the love between your cities so to speak..

The way to send researches to your cities should be; pick the city window, click support, and click the "Send research" button. Then you can pick up to three researches to send, but note that the sum of required research points should be available in the city otherwise non will be researched.

In ancient greece the logical thing to do was to use the knowledge you had in other cities you were the leader of, to make the city stronger.. But you wouldn't try and learn a village of farmers and fishers the research of a battleship, they need to be ready to acquire that knowledge before they can actually acquire it.. hence the requirement of having free research points and a high enough academy level.

About the "Send research" research, mentioned before(name can be changed of course), I think it should cost 6 research points and fit in the last tire of the academy researches.
Please give some feedback, I think a pebble's idea is great and we need to get it implented although a pebbles requirements(lvl 1 academy is the only thing you need) are not correct and could be abbused.

DeletedUser

About Sj's comment on perhaps replcaing them, this would be available with my idea if you reset the researches you want to have replaced and then just "Send researches" to the city you want those researches in.. It costs CP, but that's fair IMO becasue otherwise you'd be getting rid of researches for free, while it normally costs a CP..

DeletedUser

It is completely logical, if the CS is destroyed then the commmand to build those technologies is cancelled. It's a great idea, I hate conquering a city and they don't have the basic technologies in place (another one of my pet hates). It has a good balance as well, as you can't choose to research conquest/revolt or colony ship.
+rep. The first good idea I've read in quite a while :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

OK, this is how I see it.

They have the scrolls about the technology. They make a copy of those certain scrolls. They put the scrolls on the colony ship.

Perhaps what may be better is, once you settle/conquer you may "request" three researches from another city. This way, if you conquest, you dont end up "double researching".

So think of it as this. They are sending the scrolls over.

DeletedUser

I still think my edition of this idea is better.
It stays within the limits that a academy gives, and by this prevents abuse of the implented idea.. and it still makes sure you don't have to waste valuable researches by researching the researches you want, because you already have them in another city..
And it stays within the rules of the resetting researches rule, where you need to spend a culture point to reset a research as it still requires you to spend a CP if you don't want a particular research in your city..

DeletedUser8396

Im sorry. I disagree with what you are saying. It will be as I said in my previous post.

DeletedUser

Iceee all your concerns about the idea don't make any sense. You wouldn't be wasting research points because you can choose which techs to research (with a couple of exeptions). Also a pebble answered your concern but you just repeated it when he offered the solution...

DeletedUser

What about the noobs who see all these great game benefits and want 'em all, so they research EVERYTHING until they run out of research points?

DeletedUser8396

Well that is a noob problem, and is irrelevant to this idea.

DeletedUser

How is that an argument against this idea? If they research everything then they haven't read the instructions properly. It clearly says that there are not enough research points to research techs. So that has nothing to with this idea. I really like this concept and would love to see it implemented.