Top 12 Sink or Swim?

destroxxi

Phrourach
I count thirty inactive and VM in your extended family group. No link required .

If 17 is cause for sadface do we need to make sure noone starts slashing wrists over 30?

Thats just in your alliance not others. Also on another note, do you not realize the consequences of your actions in any form or way? Maybe you should start thinking about the cause and affect of things for future worlds because I don't know about everyone else but I dont think your going to be viewed to kindly in the present or the future by others after this world.

DeletedUser54360

Thats just in your alliance not others. Also on another note, do you not realize the consequences of your actions in any form or way? Maybe you should start thinking about the cause and affect of things for future worlds because I don't know about everyone else but I dont think your going to be viewed to kindly in the present or the future by others after this world.

I think if you read back throughout this forum I have been vilified incessantly by the rent a like mob . - what more could possibly be said or done to undermine me ?

Why is representing an alternate world view to yours such a big deal. ?

DeletedUser46391

I think if you read back throughout this forum I have been vilified incessantly by the rent a like mob . - what more could possibly be said or done to undermine me ?

Why is representing an alternate world view to yours such a big deal. ?

I still find it funny about how you said you were going to end SMYN and destroy phil etc and now play to their tune bud.

DeletedUser54360

I still find it funny about how you said you were going to end SMYN and destroy phil etc and now play to their tune bud.

Well I did destroy PHil - he lost interest the day I passed him in the rankings .

The SMYN of today is nothing like the SMYN of then.

I am not interested in wonders but some of my members wanted a relevant end game.

SMYN have played fair with us and we are a part of their group now.

None of my members lost anything by being absorbed into SMYN .

That is not a claim either you or Extortion leaders can match.

DeletedUser46391

I wonder...

Better ask our *cough* Kraken's.

p.s thank you for justifying yourself and clearing that up btw.

DeletedUser54192

Not an expert on wonders, so if I am wrong then I'll happily listen to an explanation. (So long as it isn't full of sarcasm and hate like a lot of the posts floating around on the Nagidos forums).

So far as I can see, by merging Tools and Ext, they have created one top alliance that will be the one building the wonders, and therefore hoping to win the server and maybe get the crown. If there was no alliance cap, then you could simply join all players together for the WW alliance. But as there is, and because you have not therefore been able to put all the players from your respective main alliances into the new WW team, you have just denied quite a few loyal players from the chance to win or get a crown. And you've simultaneously reduced the chances of anyone currently in the academies from getting into a WW team. I know you can rotate players, but not entirely sure how that works now with the new WW rules.

So, from what I can see, both sides in this merge have effectively worsened the position of a large number of their members. For those in the WW alliance, and for the leaders of the alliances involved, they've gained a much better chance at winning WW. (Not saying I approve of huge merges and all the cuddling that has been going on all over this server, but apparently this is how lots of leaders are choosing to play Grepo nowadays, on many different servers). But for anyone who was originally in TINAD/Extortion who is not now in This is not an Extortion, and for any members of their academies, their positions appear much worse than before. They are helping to win WW for a group of other people, some of whom weren't even in their alliance. That really doesn't feel good for them, I imagine. So, by doing this merge, TINAD/Ext leaders have effectively betrayed a whole bunch of their players for the benefit of their top players. Not what I would call caring about the entirety of your alliance.

Note: This is looking at TINAD/Ext because they are the ones who did it on this server. However I would say this to any pair of large alliances in this situation, for example the attempted Caustic/SMYN merge if it had pulled through. I don't agree with effectively demoting a bunch of loyal members in exchange for a better chance at winning. If you have a different philosophy, then fine. But when I've lead, loyalty to the players who followed me has been a priority I have always tried my best to keep. (Not saying I have always succeeded, but I do my best to stay loyal to my members, and not ditch them for a better chance for myself or myself and a few others. If you don't believe me, then there are players on en94, both friends and enemies, that can confirm this.) Opinions may vary, but in my opinion TINAD/Ext leaders have not kept the best interests of their entire membership base in this scenario. You can use the alliance I am in to try and call this a biased opinion, but it's not. I had similar feelings with other merges that happened on this server, in which I was in one of the merging alliances, and there are people who can confirm this.

(Also, before someone starts yelling about my poor stats - yes, they are poor. But I'm not yelling at anyone else's stats, so don't drag it in just to divert from what I have said here.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54360

Not an expert on wonders, so if I am wrong then I'll happily listen to an explanation. (So long as it isn't full of sarcasm and hate like a lot of the posts floating around on the Nagidos forums).

So far as I can see, by merging Tools and Ext, they have created one top alliance that will be the one building the wonders, and therefore hoping to win the server and maybe get the crown. If there was no alliance cap, then you could simply join all players together for the WW alliance. But as there is, and because you have not therefore been able to put all the players from your respective main alliances into the new WW team, you have just denied quite a few loyal players from the chance to win or get a crown. And you've simultaneously reduced the chances of anyone currently in the academies from getting into a WW team. I know you can rotate players, but not entirely sure how that works now with the new WW rules.

So, from what I can see, both sides in this merge have effectively worsened the position of a large number of their members. For those in the WW alliance, and for the leaders of the alliances involved, they've gained a much better chance at winning WW. (Not saying I approve of huge merges and all the cuddling that has been going on all over this server, but apparently this is how lots of leaders are choosing to play Grepo nowadays, on many different servers). But for anyone who was originally in TINAD/Extortion who is not now in This is not an Extortion, and for any members of their academies, their positions appear much worse than before. They are helping to win WW for a group of other people, some of whom weren't even in their alliance. That really doesn't feel good for them, I imagine. So, by doing this merge, TINAD/Ext leaders have effectively betrayed a whole bunch of their players for the benefit of their top players. Not what I would call caring about the entirety of your alliance.

Note: This is looking at TINAD/Ext because they are the ones who did it on this server. However I would say this to any pair of large alliances in this situation, for example the attempted Caustic/SMYN merge if it had pulled through. I don't agree with effectively demoting a bunch of loyal members in exchange for a better chance at winning. If you have a different philosophy, then fine. But when I've lead, loyalty to the players who followed me has been a priority I have always tried my best to keep. (Not saying I have always succeeded, but I do my best to stay loyal to my members, and not ditch them for a better chance for myself or myself and a few others. If you don't believe me, then there are players on en94, both friends and enemies, that can confirm this.) Opinions may vary, but in my opinion TINAD/Ext leaders have not kept the best interests of their entire membership base in this scenario. You can use the alliance I am in to try and call this a biased opinion, but it's not. I had similar feelings with other merges that happened on this server, in which I was in one of the merging alliances, and there are people who can confirm this.

(Also, before someone starts yelling about my poor stats - yes, they are poor. But I'm not yelling at anyone else's stats, so don't drag it in just to divert from what I have said here.)

DeletedUser54360

You have just listed perfectly the point I have tried to make.

But apparently when we tell the inconvenient truth it becomes a lie .

Suits the non combatant leaders leaders of the two groups mentioned = Nagidos Nag truth.

Does not suit them = a Nagidos Nag Lie .

Understand the logic now ??

DeletedUser54699

I am a leader of This is not an Extortion but I am in Extortion for the whole of the first round of WW so that everyone can see that i have the greatest of confidence in everyone obtaining a crown that deserves it and is loyal. I think you know we are going to get everyone in our team a crown and that just really pees you off ;) because when we do, you will see how we have defeated you not once, not twice... but three times :p

DeletedUser54360

I am a leader of This is not an Extortion but I am in Extortion for the whole of the first round of WW so that everyone can see that i have the greatest of confidence in everyone obtaining a crown that deserves it and is loyal. I think you know we are going to get everyone in our team a crown and that just really pees you off ;) because when we do, you will see how we have defeated you not once, not twice... but three times :p

To WIN something there has to be a competition. To DEFEAT someone there has to have been a battle.

Your terminology OBTAINING a crown is appropriate.

Well done to all of you that have obtained a crown irrespective of how you achieved that. At least neither Destroxii or BEar is claiming there is any glory - just that it is not shameful and not against the rules.

No argument with that.

The dissession starts when you flatter yourself and insult everyone else's intelligence by delusionally attempting to glorify what has gone on here in Nagidos.

There is no glory or shame just an anodyne result.

See some of you in September or October for a real battle.

ANY RIMLORDS JOINING ME THERE

All I can promise you is WIN LOSE or DRAW we will have a ball and play it the RimLord way.

Congrats on your soon to be crown.
I just dont get why you guys chose the pussy way to get your crowns. Well its obviously easier but you have a bigger alliance thus a beter chance to win from the start and of course a beter leadership couse all the merges didnt happen themselves didnt they? From the stats you guys have beter players( goldwhores) and your only real opponent Smyn is slowly folding...so why?
Scared that you couldn't finish it on your own? Were you guys so desperate to get your crown to prove something?
Simming is one of the reasons why i hate ww. While looking at your stats you can see who does all the work and who is just for the ww but whatever only the result counts right?
So yeah congrats on your crown i guess.
I'll stick around for a while to see how things a going to go with smyn but we all now who is going to win.

DeletedUser48582

Do i really see members from Tools being wise-guys??? Tell me... What have you achived in this server? You had the numbers to change/make a difference in this server instead i saw a top alliance which havent fought ANY REAL wars only killing off minor alliances. So stop that game your playing - half the server shakes their head of you guys already.

The last EN server i played was Sinope where my lads fought side by side with Fluffers & co. Many then dissed Eric for his mass-pacts... sadly i see that this havent changed a single bit. Tools and EXT merging is close to making it worse.

This server had great potential but this... Its not worth remembering.

On a side note (if this is my last post here Nag-related):
Thanks for the fight Bloods this server would have been BS without our war :) we had some good battles i will remember and respect.

DeletedUser54239

hello friends,
writing here your frustrations , i understand you @those players who are throwing stones on us right from the begining of this server, one cause or another...
earlier they blamed us to be simmers as we were not fighting with no 1 fighting alliance at that time - SMYN , provoked war , which led to the crush of SMYN - some players quitted some still simmming...
its a game , so one team wins anothers defeats, need to accept the defeat...its not shame...

but now these players started blaming that we are gold whores, No 1 team to use gold in this server...!!!

how these players can get this conclusion????

eg - i am No 1 player but use minimum gold - for premiums , for events and in emergency i use to build walls for revolted cities....

for events i had never been No 1 for getting awards of the day .... mostly other teams players got those awards ( live CP levels etc)... SMYN have those players...

i dont use gold for running olympic games , but can point out SMYN player- mickey2k , whi is having the minimum BP but had slots regularly, so obviously he is using gold for olympic games , right?

finally , i have a lot of defense build , so having 50 plus cities on enemy islands , my all cities are good to defend revolts, hardly noobies revolt me, if they do so we have most active players of grepolis who send defense in quick time , i build walls with my convinience as enemies starts attacking before rr starts , i have a lot of defense in my city under revolt , so i save my gold ...

**** i almost daily attacks enemies , attaks continously , kill walls , kill all defense ....
everyday player like momentumz, rob , king berdis etc etc noobies spend a lot of gold to level up their walls, you can ask these guys that due to me how much gold they had wasted ...LOL
NOW, who are gold whores , Nobbies or us...

we dont need to use gold for slots, for building walls... its noobies who need all these things...

so, pls my request to these players that at last open your eyes, ears and mind to get the right information and accept the fact that the grepolis game is a game of activity and not a game of simmers and as a team we are the most active players of this server...

so, atleast accept the defeat with honour...
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif

If any doubts regarding mine being a gold whore , u can go to my stats friends...
am having a lot of BP everyday to have a lot of friends as i kill enemies every days ...
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif

how i build nukes fast???>>>>?

lets think logically ----
1) we have alliance bonuses activated of event like 60% res , 50% recruitment time cut, favr bonus, bp bonus etc etc...
2) using hero at max level for ships, ls and olu building - u can build a full nuke in less than a day, multipls nukes in a day ...
3) using pop growth and COTO

so, where we need to use gold, no where...

so, hope friends , these
smiley_emoticons_cyclops.gif
got their answers and are satisfied now....
smiley_emoticons_smilenew.gif

DeletedUser54192

so, atleast accept the defeat with honour.

I would accept the defeat with honour if the victory was gained by an honourable method. A win is a win (technically you haven't achieved it yet, but that's beside the point). I will accept that. But merging in order to try and guarantee a win is not an honourable method, so far as I am concerned. If you want other people to act honourably, please do it yourself first.

For me, on this server, it was never about expecting to win. If I expected to win, I would have tried to join one of the big premades, or jumped into one of the strong multi-branch alliances at the first chance I got. But I dropped in with some friends from another server. It didn't work out, simple as that. After a bit of messing around, I ended up in Noobs. I had more fun in Noobs than at any other time here. It wasn't about world wonders and about the crown, it was about fighting. (Thank you to Bloods for the good fights. :))If you don't believe my claim about not wanting the crown and not approving of any big merger, just look at the alliance I am in. If I cared, I would have gone to Noobies of the Rim with the others.

For those of you won't bother to read a post more than a paragraph in length, at least read this:
- Merging your way to a win, is still a win. But it is not an honourable win.
- Don't be a hypocrite and blame others for lack of honourable behaviour, if you are not going to act with honour yourself.

DeletedUser54239

LOL, again the same story friends..

am not talking about merging or building wonder...

am talking about -

* this world started on a particular day and players landed here , made alliances and start the grepolis game ...
** so, almost all players started this world , almmost all alliances were made at the same time (almost)...
*** but, some players were active and grown well, some alliances were active and grown well... rest were simmers , players still on low rankings and their alliances are on bottom...
**** so, these players are now complaining about gold using, merging etc etc...
***** just a question/// when extortion merged? a few days back...right???
and where was u and ur team in ranking at that time???

i was almost all time on top of this world from begining... so , u making a comment on me that i am on top due to mergring???

smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

there is no answer for u , except this friend...
smiley_emoticons_hera.gif

if u are a simmer then dont find points to throw stones on good active players....

but i guess, u dont have enough logic to understand game and all this stuff//

so, continue ur frustration and go on throwing stones...
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif

you can clearly see, from styarting of this world where good active players were and where simmers were.. and where good active players are and will be....
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

DeletedUser54239

also regarding merging,
as someone had made comment earlier...
noobies loned some players from bloods , when the war started between caustic and SMYN...
then SMYN merged LOTR

so, u cant say this merging point as a issue for ur defeat as SMYN started the things and we got them finished , once and for ever... ;)

wreakedhavoc

Phrourach
Well, let's be logical here, the time to decide who MUST be the winner of the world , is the time spent BEFORE wonders era not during it .

So , Let's check this out !

Who achieved the most before the wonders era ? I guess no doubt there, we all agree on Caustic soda , they fought the toughest enemies and managed to beat them , they were the most organised bunch and had the tightest core and leadership. So , Basically no one can argue here , Caustic deserve the CROWN

Now let's weigh stuff ... After all this hard work Extortion put , what if an alliance manages to lock the world? would it worth it fighting ...maybe a YEAR for this crown ? what if players get tired and decide to quit ? then they might lose the crown they deserved ever since day 1 on this world ! As I clearly stated above, Wonders Era shouldn't decide who MUST win ! it's before the wonders age... where the winner should be clearly claimed .

Therefore, They decided to merge with TINAD.

Ok.... Now we all agree extortion deserve the crown ! but, do TINAD deserve it ?

Well, I cant say TINAD deserve the crown , but they played SMART ! they never did a mistake on this world, they played it clean all the way long!

After all, Do TINAD Deserve the crown ? Well, the answer might be No, BUT to prevent anyone from locking the world, Extortion had to do this move . So, Basically this was a great move . Extortion deserve the crown and TINAD have a clean sheet, where they never got their hands dirty.

Last but not least, why is grepolis a great game? It's because you cant be a dumb person who does only the fighting part. Tactics and diplomacy is 70% of the game.

DeletedUser54192

Lisa:

If you bothered to read my message, or any previous messages I have put here, properly, then you would not reply as you did. Maybe I should explain it in simpler terms.

- First off, my point was about when you said to accept defeat with honour. That is what sparked my reply, and that is what you have most blatantly ignored in an effort to distract from my points. You may well have won, but the way in which it is happening is not an honourable way. To tell others to act honourably when you refuse to do so, is plain hypocrisy.

- This is not an Extortion will most likely win this now. If TINAD had taken another side, or even their own side, then this quite possibly would still have happened, but it would not be as certain. The TINAD merge can be said to have probably secured this win for you. (If you think that it didn't help you, then there was no reason to do it, but that doesn't matter anymore).

- I do not comment that you, lisa751, are on top due to merging. I comment that, by merging with TINAD, all of you are attempting (and possibly managing), to secure your top position. If you say that TINAD merging didn't help you guys, I'd be interested to see what Richard and Bear think about it, as you would be insulting them and their alliance by saying that their merge was useless to you.

- Again, if you read my posts, you would see that I don't approve of the big merges that happened on this server. That's why I didn't move to Noobies of the Rim, or try to get into SMYN. If they were bragging about a win by merging, I would say exactly the same things to them. But the fact is, you and your alliance are bragging about a win that has been secured by merging. I'll throw stones at anyone who claims that a win which is secured by merging is an honourable win. :)

- I do have the logic to understand this game, or I would not be on alliance councils in two worlds. I understand the logic of merging. I just think that merging to assure a win is rather dishonourable.

So, if you do want to reply to my posts, how about you talk about the things I talk about, rather than seeing the word 'merge' and going on a bragging spree and then a personal attack against me? :O

-----------------------------
Wreakedhavoc:

At least you paid some attention to the content of my post. Thanks for that. It seems that logic seems to go out of the window for some people here.

Caustic have played this well. I will not deny that. They've made moves that put them in the right positions. I just feel that this final merge with TINAD was not the most honourable way to win. (I'll agree that I don't like WW as a victory condition anyways). Honour is subjective, and it is my opinion that such a merge was not honourable. This is my opinion, and unless you know something I don't, I am allowed to speak my opinion.

For me, this is not a debate about who deserves to win and who does not, nor is it a hissy fit that I will not be in the winning alliance. It is about my personal opinions on the way in which Extortion/TINAD have gone for the win. (I had personal issues with the SMYN/Noobs and SMYN/LOTR merges, as many people could tell you.) If you do win, congratulations. A win is a win. But to accuse others of acting dishonourably, as Lisa has done, is hypocritical from my point of view, when they are securing their win through what I see as a dishonourable move.