Slowing down?

DeletedUser5554

New worlds should be just as worth while though. It's at a point where if you have some kind of positive experience you can show up and get a position of power if not totally lead in the world winning alliance that isn't even that good. No upsets happen and people just bail. As for Penguin i'd say lets go further there's a world always ending at this point there go we need to increase the standards i'd say one new world for every 3 second gen worlds closing then to 3rd gen once we run out of second gen. This will greatly slow down the game and create tougher teams.

In addition many people here pay for gold in the game. Meaning they pay for an experience aren't we robbing them of the experience by a new world opening like every other week? Sure some people like an easy win but lets be honest if you aren't challenged you aren't have fun. I'm a Michigan State fan so I loved MSU beating Michigan in football for 3 years straight...Then it got boring to watch with no competitiveness from UofM. Players will feel the same too easily winning is AWESOME!...In the first 2 or 3 months then its just doing nothing and trying not to blow a lead until the world ends which is sometime almost TWO YEARS. Well considering worlds die after a month what the heck are you gonna do for a year or two with no challenges? Exactly I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows. With 200-600 players you won't have the externals for fun, declining quality won't yield much action, and eventually you'll feel you wasted your money and move on with your life.

That's a problem for a game trying to make money by providing an experience.

DeletedUser

If you make the worlds unique and for some reason people like unique names

hyporborea unique world 4000+
Sparta people joined because of name 5000+
so if you make unique worlds people will come
If you build it they will come

DeletedUser29066

I am glad you started this thread, because this phenomenon has troubled me since I started playing Grepo (my first world was Delphi - so I have no memory of the good-old days - just Gen 2.0 and hence). This is a real and serious problem with the game - affecting its attractiveness and viability. I will be quite clear about my direct experience - what I have seen on Speed3 worlds is the relatively quick formation of a dominant alliance - made up of a large group of veteran players (who seem to know each other from previous worlds). In fact, the group is usually seeded by a veteran pre-made or two that start on Day 1 in the core oceans. These vet seeds quickly form a powerful and utterly dominate alliance that may morph a bit for a month or two - merge with another vet group or change names - but in essence this initial alliance sweeps out the core oceans and dominates the server. These players have the demographics and appearance of a fraternity - so I call them FratBoys. The MRA noobs are just live cattle to be consumed - too inexperienced to realize they will be slaughtered as needed. The random late starting players are faced with impossible odds. This is why most of the other players abandon these worlds. If you are foolish enough to stay - you are probably aren't very bright and unlikely to accomplish anything except give the FratBoys some sport - like caged game released at private hunting clubs. I get a chuckle at the hypocrisy I see when the FratBoys kill a server, and then complain about the lack of action and waste of their investment of time and money. "Don't quit" they plead "Stay and fight." Jeez - what do they expect when 60% or more of the talent is concentrated in one club.

Maybe what they should do in every second or third new world is make the settings so that players are sent to oceans randomly and no pre-mades or groups can effectively plan to start together in one area and dominate. Make them work just a little harder, have to find other good players, maybe even, gods forbid, take in and train noobs (No, please don't hurt me)... and populate the world not from the core out but all over at the same time. That might make things more interesting and less predictable. At least try with one world. At the rate the new ones are coming out what could it hurt? I'm sure this idea is not new, but maybe it's time to dust it off and give it a fresh look.

DeletedUser

I wish it went through the mods just go no format thread closed lol

DeletedUser5554

The problem with voting on the settings is it would be 3 speed everytime and probably the biggest debate would be Revolt/Conquest.

DeletedUser

not if you put it so that players vote for a world 3 it wins and then the next world it couldn't be a world 3 it'd have to be a world 2 and the same for conquest or revolt

DeletedUser

Voting will never work. There are many people who like to play Speed 1 worlds, but their are more Speed 2/3 players overall.