Spying fails

DeletedUser

What is everyones biggest spying fail?

My biggest fail so far is 94027 silver.

DeletedUser

1050. I don't send anything more than that. If it fails I don't bother spying.

DeletedUser

340,000 silver on a 12k city against a guy with 36k points

DeletedUser

340k silver???? Honestly I don't think I'll be bothered!

DeletedUser

Tyroncs, you are a good person, I'll show you this ;)
*SNIP*​
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Spying Tactics By Yondo

spy_90x90.jpg

Spying isn't really a waste of money, if performed right.

What I generally do is send 1050 silver out - 50 more than the minimum, in case the opponent has a lvl 1 cave and just has a full stash of silver.

Then, when he hits, I get a report. Or, I don't - but if I don't get a report, the opponent learns about my espionage attempt, but he also loses 1050 silver from his cave.

Therefore, unless he keeps adding silver, he'll eventually run out. A level 5 cave only holds 5000 silver, after all.

So, I send another spy, this time paying 1050. Why not send more? Because if I send a spy out paying him 4000 silver, and the enemy only had 1 silver in his cave, I'll have wasted a lot of money. So I keep sending spies at 1050 a time, draining his cave until finally one breaks through.

Sure, the enemy might get 4 reports saying you spied on him, but if he got one, why not give him 4 reports? Doesn't change anything. If he knew you tried, you might as well succeed.

But there you go! How to spy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
*SNIPETTY SNIP*​
Excerpt from Page 8 of cobblemix's Big Grepolis Guide

To all who have experienced massive spy fails, or those who have wasted some 500k silver spying on someone with 1 silver in his cave, read this (some to think of it, the whole guide is useful)

DeletedUser3393

There's a simple thing. I have sent 200k spies (with success).

If u can get a successful spy report, on the first go it increases ur chances of getting the city as in the surprise attack. The only time I send 1000 silver spies is when the opponent is weak, against strong opponents the element of surprise is better.

Plus with 100k caves, sending a spy 100 times is taxing.

DeletedUser

first spying if you dont care if you are discovered should be 1001 incase they only have 1000 and if you are going to send 1050 send 1051 instead you might barely win that way

DeletedUser6983

my biggest fail is 12k. Trying to Spy on a maxed city, sent a couple 10k or more trying to get him. I still havent :(

DeletedUser

I had a pair of people spend 300k trying to spy one of mine and the biggest from them was 80k. They got through but decided not to attack for some reason after giving me ample time to give them a discouraging report.

My biggest fail is about 75k I dont usually spend much more than that but then as the game tightens I may need to. Most of the time though. If I am spying it is cause I want to be caught spying.

DeletedUser4013

I can't remember how much I have wasted on spying, but while it may seem a waste to send spies with 1050 silver to another city, remember that each failure reduces the cave by that much in the other city. A successful spy will not reduce the cave by any amount. So sometimes the tedious route is the better since the other player will have to restock their cave.

DeletedUser

Ideal for pwning noobs who only know that their cave must be full. Poor lads...

DeletedUser

using a weeks worth of silver then being conqoured right after

DeletedUser1405

Sent 2 spies out carrying 10k each lost them, then sent a 5k one and got a report all in one day.
Sending 2 lots of 10k usually works but remember that each time you dont geta report the defender loses the same gold as you sent so if you can afford it and you arent bothered about discovery i would say use the 10k method.