Passed Staging Area

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10335

i dont think you should have a limit or penalty for attacking smaller players. just let the morale do its job. the whole idea is for moving your troops to the area where war is happening which means you will be targeting the enemy. if you put a 15% rule or whatever you may find you have put yourself in a situation where you dont want to be in.
example: i remember in tribal wars where i took a group of very small players and rimmed a very large player through a coordinated effort.

DeletedUser13436

But the problem is that will need morale to be implemented in all worlds.

DeletedUser

@ StriplingWarrior, it is a lla question of balance. Where to set the benchmark. Too low and it become pointless, too high and it becomes unreasonable. Also with your suggestion, as mentioned above, morale would have to be implemented on all worlds this is used in.

To resolve the balance issue regarding large numbers of large players moving into a confined area using staging areas, perhaps there could be a maximum number of staging areas within a particular 25x25 area so that they could not become overcrowded. The trouble with this is that is would restrict many players from being able to use staging areas to their full function. Any discussion would be appreciated to resolve this issue.

DeletedUser2663

Its still a worrying setup when a large player can move around at will, and look to take cities away from his/her core, this will be used to set up large areas by large alliances to move into as One unit.
Think of this, you get an alliance with 300 players all over 10 villages each, all the players decide to set up a vantage point in the next ocean along, they can all set up these staging areas close together and wipe out any resistance around them with sheer volume of numbers.
If this can be ironed out then all good the idea will and should move forward.

Maybe making it so only one staging area can be built per island? make it harder for large concentrations of them as a strike force into enemy teritory

DeletedUser

this sounds kinda like my naval bases idea. mine dealing more with ships than land troops. i like this idea too definitely would like to see this implemented.

DeletedUser

Maybe making it so only one staging area can be built per island? make it harder for large concentrations of them as a strike force into enemy teritory

Included in the OP under balance. Thanks guys :) Keep up with these excellent criticisms.

DeletedUser

a very good and well thought out idea. i would vote yes for it to be implemented if it came to that.

DeletedUser

I appreciate the support and would love for more comments on how to improve the idea.

DeletedUser

Love the idea, also I BELIVE, there is a typo, I think I saw that a 10,000 point city could make one then later on it said 13,000 (preferably 10k)

I dont think it would make bigger players have the advantage TO much, they could be easily infiltrated if no troops were in them.

*Suggestion: Make there be able to create *Barriors* kind of like walls but of course a bit weaker.

DeletedUser

Thanks, I corrected the typo and the hope was for the wall to still be able to be used but the fact that you can only get it to level 10 means that it will be much weaker, much like your barrier idea :)

DeletedUser

I actually disagree with the size ratio for attacking from staging areas. This is because those smaller players can still attack the staging area which puts the owner at a disadvantage.

DeletedUser7784

uber lord said:
1.7 Troops in a staging area In order to station troops in a staging area, one must send them as support from the owning city to the staging area in the normal manner. Once a troop, or ship, is in the staging area it will consume a number of available farm spaces from the 7000 total.

eg. a Light Ship will consume 10 farm spaces whereas a slinger would consume just 1.

Although these troops are no longer in the owning city and are in the staging area, the owning city does not regain any farm spaces similarly to how a supporting city will not regain the farm space value of the troops they have supported another city with. The 7000 farm spaces of the staging area are merely a cap on the number of troops one can hold there.

Only the owner of a staging area can have troops positioned in it, no alliance member or non-allied player can support this staging area.

i think that there should be a max pop in the staging area. duplicate to the one in your cs city minus all troops. so in a 10k city you may have 4000 pop total, with 2000 being free pop in that city(with no troops) so in the stage you can only have 2000 FS worth units

DeletedUser2663

i think that there should be a max pop in the staging area. duplicate to the one in your cs city minus all troops. so in a 10k city you may have 4000 pop total, with 2000 being free pop in that city(with no troops) so in the stage you can only have 2000 FS worth units

that pretty much nulifies the whole purpose of the staging area, it would be better to just conquer another city in this case.

I actually disagree with the size ratio for attacking from staging areas. This is because those smaller players can still attack the staging area which puts the owner at a disadvantage.

but if that larger player is any good it would be real easy for him to defend against that. if a 100k player cant defend against a 15 k player, i can honestly say he is terrible at grepolis. + with all the farm space it is easy enough to put some defense troops there and still keep it as an offensive staging area

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

that pretty much nulifies the whole purpose of the staging area, it would be better to just conquer another city in this case.

but if that larger player is any good it would be real easy for him to defend against that. if a 100k player cant defend against a 15 k player, i can honestly say he is terrible at grepolis. + with all the farm space it is easy enough to put some defense troops there and still keep it as an offensive staging area

Thanks, wouldn't have put it better myself.

Also if a very small player attacks a large player's staging area there is nothing stopping the larger player just attacking the amaller player from his actual cities, they may be further away but a large player should be able to deal with that.

DeletedUser7784

thats a good explanation but 7000 pop worth of is a huge bomb, lets say i can normally attack you with 2000 slingers now how can any player stop a 7000 slinger land nuke?

DeletedUser

touche.

DeletedUser2663

thats a good explanation but 7000 pop worth of is a huge bomb, lets say i can normally attack you with 2000 slingers now how can any player stop a 7000 slinger land nuke?

fairly easy with lvl 25 walls a tower and an alliane to help you

Status
Not open for further replies.