Taxes

• Thread starter James of Thermoplae
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Um talk about cruel, you alliance member should just give if someone asks not if they have to pay "taxes"

DeletedUser

I got forwarded this message recently and it reminded me of this thread:

mibs foolishly tried to bully us like they do all other alliances and even their own members, and we put a stop to it very quickly.

a recap (if you are not privy to such info):

mibs was run by 4 or 5 disgusting big pt players who invited small players and bullied them into sending them defense and resources. the majority of the mibs players were small inexperienced players who did not know better and just took the abuse.
when they tried to take our cities and bully us, we joined together, formed the MAP and stomped them out to the point that they changed their name from mibs to "Chess Connoisseurs" lol and changed their academy's name to Checkmate.
we rimmed 2 of them and sent the other three as well as the supreme leader and founder of mibs (mibsyy) to other alliances with only one tiny city remaining.
when all was said and done their top 4 of their 6 top players were rimmed and the other two ran to other alliances.

This amused me on a number of levels.
Firstly, getting anyone in that alliance to do a damn thing was like pushing an elephant up stairs.
Secondly, who'd be stupid enough to go along with that idea.
But mostly, who'd believe that blatant propaganda?

The original message was just a quote so I don't know where it came from but I can guess.

DeletedUser

I think having a system of asking for alliances breeds begging. We flat out ban the asking of resources for any reason and remove and punish members who make posts about it.

EVERYONE needs resources for something, and most of time by time they actually reach the person in need they have gathered it themselves via production or hitting the villages. If you are getting attacked, you need troop support, not resources that you can't hold onto.

IMO just flat out banning the asking for resources helps foster independence and self reliance in your membership.

As for having a tax - that just seems like a lot of tedious administrative work with marginal applicable reward.

DeletedUser

Some players think it is necessary to receive resources from its alliance players......A player in AGOGE and a low level player with the rank of FOUNDER loved to beg in the forum for resources...and a ton of favor everyday.....It got to the point where if a player did not send resources it was considered not loyal to the alliance......When I asked if other low level players were also getting the same ROYAL treatment I was told to shut my mouth......at that point I did.....lololol....and I left the alliance as well.....I sent that player alot of resources and even told him that I would send more and I never even got a simple thank you.....:(....oh well win some and lose some.....Some players love to feed off of others hard work and think they are owed everything.....:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1405

I dont mind giving resources to a player who has just lost his villages to help them build again, it alos shows loyalty if members are helping this person.
But if im carrying resources and someone asks for them with plenty of cities i would always check the stats first to see if there is a reason for them needing resources.

DeletedUser

I got forwarded this message recently and it reminded me of this thread:

This amused me on a number of levels.
Firstly, getting anyone in that alliance to do a damn thing was like pushing an elephant up stairs.
Secondly, who'd be stupid enough to go along with that idea.
But mostly, who'd believe that blatant propaganda?

The original message was just a quote so I don't know where it came from but I can guess.

hey nice try but obviously nobody cares about your post, or where you got this, or the "back story" behind it... so how about you stop posting off-topic and putting up meaningless emails you intercepted through your network of spies

oh and by the way, your spies have been removed; so nothing to brag about anymore. I'm still waiting for you to come take a shot at me in the game coward

DeletedUser

this is not a good idea here try this it works for me

send this message to some noob near you (provided your city is bigger it doesnt work on a bigger player)

me: send me rescources or ill take your city

noob: gasp how dare you do this

me: cus i have lots of horsies, medusa,chariots, and harpies.

noob never

1 attack later after killing there troops

noob dont hurt me ill send you half of my rescources.

if you are at war and dont want to lose troops farming this works great

DeletedUser

Taxes Is not smart..

To tax members in an organization is not smart in a war game. The only ones who benefit are the ones receiving the resources. No one else in the group will be able to grow. :pro:

DeletedUser

To outright ban players from asking for help with resources is as extreme and rediculous as forcing them to pay resources.

The whole point of an alliance is for people to band together and help each other out in times of need. It has been my experience that people just use the alliance forums to trade on a 1:1 basis and only ever ask for resources in extreme circumstances.

Originally Posted by Dionysius

Some players think it is necessary to receive resources from its alliance players......A player in AGOGE and a low level player with the rank of FOUNDER loved to beg in the forum for resources...and a ton of favor everyday.....It got to the point where if a player did not send resources it was considered not lotal to the alliance......When I asked if other low level players were also getting the same ROYAL treatment I was told to shut my mouth......at that point I did.....lololol....and I left the alliance as well.....I sent that player alot of resources and even told him that I would send more and I never even got a simple thank you

Wow Dionysius that guy just seems like a flat out ungrateful git, I'm surprised people were willing to put up with behaviour like that.