Taxes

• Thread starter James of Thermoplae
  • Start date

DeletedUser2795

Double Poster!!!!!!!! DDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
And Aicy, I guess I get to play Devil's Advocate :p
Yeah, that kinda works but I would think I'd feel less inclined to contribute to the alliance if they had some silly tax which I had to organize every week, in fact, I'd most likely leave said alliance.
The resources wou;d just disappear, you would not have to organize it.
So they get their resources taken away from them for other players to build troops with, yet you still make them fight? :p
Oh, and I love how you said "They colonise or conquer" in your last sentance. If they were really Armed then they wouldn't colonize.
The will not have to fight, they are point whores and turtles, and of course they are not armed, so they colonize.
I'm not quite sure if you even play this game, to be honest. 2-3k resources every week is nothing and saying that lets people build up powerful armys is ridiculous. Every day, a active player would spend a hour or two raising all their 8 farming villages to 100% strength and then looting 6005 resources from each. That's 48,000 resources all together in a day, and 340,000 resources in a week compared to your 2-3k resources.
And if 50% of that income goes to the alliance, it goes into a sort of community we which can be used to support the fighters.
As mentioned before, your simcity playstyle doesn't seem fit for a leader. I know no other experianced players who build their marketplace so early in their city stages.
market can be useful, but he is really thinking of other player's game, not jut his own. And learn to spell!
Notice how you used the word demanding.
Of course, they must keep a strict rule.
I come up with random ideas like this all the time, ask the leaders of Time Warp they'll know. I always put them up in the council sub-fourm, and 9/10 of the time we vote against it because... it's just a idea and like this, wouldn't actually work that well when put into place. When I do that I'm just putting them out there, and I'm guessing this person was doing the same kind of thing, most leaders would have voted against such a suggestion.
That is a specific case, and anyways, this is one of the 1/10 ideas
Deletion of posts, maybe?
only you could think of something so low
I can tell... however, this is a war game.
yes, but they are nice to their own player's increased wellbeing
Yet again, do you not know anything about this game? In 20 minutes I can get 3 farming villages strengthened to 100% strength and then looted for a total of 18k resources.
Well, troops take time to travel, 10 minutes to there and 10 minutes back, so although they might be getting 18k resources, they are still limited by troop speed meaning that they will take 20 minutes to get even the fewest number of resources

Happy now, Aicy?

DeletedUser

Personally, I'd never want to be in an alliance where they basically say, gimme res or your gone. If someone told me that, I'd leave their alliance. There's plenty of other good alliances. Everyone can't be a military person, someone has to get the res. They should give it up themselves not be forced to. If you have to force them to give resources then your alliance has some problems. Just tell your military guys to ask in the forum if they need resources so the res guys can send them. If 1 guy isn't doing anything, not sending res or participating in battle, then tell them to hit the road.

DeletedUser6029

I agree. Teamwork is the name of the game so to speak. I want an alliance where members value helping each other. If it is forced on you, how much can you really depend on the players? They willingly help out the team, or the get kicked out and are helped to get moved (somewhere on the rim preferably)

DeletedUser

Either that or if they are unwillingly to ever contribute, instead of taxing them, conquer them, if they are sim players. Why go through all the hassle of trying to force them to contribute. If they never contribute or communicate just eat them up. Once they are comfy on the rim thats when you kick them

Flame me all you want people but I know most alliances have done this at some point :p

DeletedUser

The nice thing about this system is if you decide you have a miltary then you get paid to build one and then the soft civilian targets are identified and they are already fattened up for the tea party in the sky.

I take my previous flaming against this guy back. This guy is one ruthless cookie.
Re appropriating resources. Making a private army and then able to pick off players with maxxed resource buildings and cities with armies they paid for.

Very ruthless, I like him and his tax idea. I might need to try this on a new world

DeletedUser

shh dont tell them about my tax and loan system.

I shall endevor to follow this guys example, tax them, have all funds diverted to me and then to conquer those who he taxes or the noobs of his alliance. MRA becomes smaller sleeker army... and the extra MRA players do their part to help my star rise before they are burnt out.

DeletedUser

I think this idea would be good if you edited it a bit...

For example if you said:

If each alliance has an 'Alliance resource bank' and each member is requred to donate a small amount each week. There are no limits on how many resources it holds, and when needed, the higher members of the alliance can admit people to take a fair amount from the resource bank to create warriors for battle.

I think this would work ^^

P.s... You would get some abusers of this however, but then you find out the 'bad eggs' and you know who to keep and who to kick.

Keep developing the idea! <3

DeletedUser6029

I just noticed Opens Source Government (Epsilon) has a tax on its players...and they have over 200 members. What is up with that? I am surprised that people stay. They are also alligned with, oh I don't know, half the oceans alliances. I wonder if people stay with the alliance because of the numbers or the alliances. I guess I just don't get it.

DeletedUser

I think this idea would be good if you edited it a bit...

For example if you said:

If each alliance has an 'Alliance resource bank' and each member is requred to donate a small amount each week. There are no limits on how many resources it holds, and when needed, the higher members of the alliance can admit people to take a fair amount from the resource bank to create warriors for battle.

I think this would work ^^

P.s... You would get some abusers of this however, but then you find out the 'bad eggs' and you know who to keep and who to kick.

Keep developing the idea! <3

I like that slimey politician in you my friend. Your more communist than consumer.
Yes we become first among equals, keep tabs on the active people. Make discreet approaches and recruit them into the "peoples army"
Get taxes from the masses and then distribute in to the people who show potential all the while they work for the good of the people.

I guess they stick around because they have a charismatic leader FreeSCV. Nice enough guy to talk to. Just too nicer guy I think. I hang around alliance where the people are like diplomacy? Can I eat it?
No seriously what is it? Oh we have allies? what do we do to them? are they a kind of enemy we treat differently?

DeletedUser

Lol Trev thats definately my kind of alliance. Not saying thats what my alliance is like, but thats definately what I like in an alliance.

DeletedUser

Maybe instead of taxes you could have a lottery fund. Everybody who takes part pays a certain amount to enter and a winner is picked at random and they win the jackpot, which would be a percentage of the total pot. The percentage of the pot that isn't in the jackpot going to the winner would then goto improvements such as helping to fund an army or upgrades for weaker players who need the help.

DeletedUser

Taxes are not bad as long as it is put to proper use. If you are demanding taxes then you should give the tax payers the support they need. Soldiers, Blessings, Support when being attack, Support after the attack and other else. I also disagree on putting taxes on players that has a 1500 points. It will slow the growth of the city. Atleast put it up to2500 or 3000 points minimum. Beides, everyone contributes when it comes to war.

It's not always what you have that counts, but what you do on what you have.

DeletedUser6029

Taxes are not bad as long as it is put to proper use. If you are demanding taxes then you should give the tax payers the support they need. Soldiers, Blessings, Support when being attack, Support after the attack and other else. I also disagree on putting taxes on players that has a 1500 points. It will slow the growth of the city. Atleast put it up to2500 or 3000 points minimum. Beides, everyone contributes when it comes to war.

It's not always what you have that counts, but what you do on what you have.

And while I see your point, my point is this, when I have excess, I post it and send it to someone who needs it. In my opinion, the willingness to help out my fellow team mate, makes for a better team than one that is forced.

DeletedUser

The only reason I would us a tax system is to further my cause of being a bast... not sure if it counts as sweaing if I admit that I am. There is a lot of time and effort spent over lets face it a measly amount of resources that any one person could gain by farming or trading in less time to.
I would call resource levies in times of need for active players who help each other with troops support because lets face it if you cant find resources in this game on your own I would not want you in my alliance and then I would show you what a farm is.

People who contribute get the benefits... My tax scheme benefits those people that either (a) actively supporting
(b) kiss my butt enough
(c) are me

DeletedUser

Also face it, in a war if you throw resources into a city and then the enemy over runs it those resources become loot and you wasted an afternoon telling people where to send the taxes, how much and chasing down those who dont. Then the concentrated product gets looted because it cant defend itself.

DeletedUser

I think that a taxation system would be good if implemented properly. "Honorary Titles" should not mean that you are excluded from taxation. All members should be taxed, if there is a taxation system, and it should be used to build troops. However, in peacetime, the taxes should be very nominal.

DeletedUser

There is absolutely no use in doing this, let them keep their resources... Too much hassle...