The bomb clinic

DeletedUser

Agree with dux make your own thread lets respect his. I personally don't have any reports yet mate but will post if i do :)

When i attack though never less than 50 ls 100+ with a cs and usually a mixed nuke unless a city is particularly good for one type of troops but it depends on my mood really i change it up a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37948

i find the biggest mistake most players make and something ive seen alot of is lack of cats i send cats with every attack.

walls are easier to rebuild than troops and they drop walls as you attack so ultimatly 10 cats will do a good amount of damage and in alot of cases will drop a wall to zero

DeletedUser

Agree on that one not using cats on every attack is pretty stupid as they can really turn the tide

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
And here I was hoping this thread will be spam free, I guess I was wrong... deleted several posts for being off-topic/spam. I was gonna delete several more but they're semi-on topic, so I will keep them up.

Try and keep the spamming to a minimum. Otherwise I will BOMB this thread with the LOCK button! :p

DeletedUser22650

cheers for cleaning it up j.n.c, and zp i allways forget to build cats, they're another one that are way more usefull on revolt, on conq you want the walls up to hold the siege, id better get on that

DeletedUser

i find the biggest mistake most players make and something ive seen alot of is lack of cats i send cats with every attack.

walls are easier to rebuild than troops and they drop walls as you attack so ultimatly 10 cats will do a good amount of damage and in alot of cases will drop a wall to zero

I wont complain, always nice to get easy BP while people are sending attacks at a 25 wall and tower without cats!

DeletedUser46395

I almost think cats are too good. Land a couple or three waves with 10 in each and there's no wall left; it can make it too easy, almost.

DeletedUser22650

grepo favors the defenders in the extreme, just the fact of being able to mass city pops in one place for def while attacks have to chip away bit by bit is enough to make defending easy, you need the cats to at least give the attackers a chance

DeletedUser46395

grepo favors the defenders in the extreme, just the fact of being able to mass city pops in one place for def while attacks have to chip away bit by bit is enough to make defending easy, you need the cats to at least give the attackers a chance

Not entirely sure I agree with that; I think the balance SHOULD be slightly in favour of the defender. Just think cats are a touch too effective. Not a real problem for me, as I've gained far more than I've lost with them, but I actually like the things that give the little guy a chance (like morale), or else there will be nobody to play against.

DeletedUser22650

theres a time and a place for the little guys, thats on morale servers :p

DeletedUser37948

morale or no morale is a bit like world speed or conquest / revolt its a personal choice we each have when choosing a server ive played every option grepo has to offer and prefer revolt but ill play any speed server just prefer high travel speeds.

anyway the point is each option has a flavour all its own and may suit an individuals gaming style better. they are all awsome to play just some suit a player type better.

DeletedUser9070

I agree with Zero on the speed topic. The only reason speed is that important in a revolt server (assuming you're active) is to reduce CS travel times to make sure fewer players in the target's alliance are within sniping range. Other than that, everything's coordinated to a correct second, so speeding it up just means you get to wait a bit more before sending it out.

Dux: Your original post was spot-on, of course, with one exception, I feel: One hoplite nuke city may not be a bad idea now simply because of Chiron, whenever you get him and level him up (I personally have him on somewhat low priority, though). 60% reduction in cost AND build time is pretty good. Obviously if you're keeping full nukes stacked up for some time in a city before attacking, it's still a bad idea. But assuming you're ditching your troops off for BP before hitting your population cap, hoplites are 60% more efficient than before. Now, obviously the problem with hoplites has been that they're less effective than slingers and horses in terms of their attack/cost and attack/population ratios, but they become significantly MORE effective than slingers and horses with a maximum level Chiron in the city.

That being said, I'll still likely only keep one hoplite nuke, and only when I bother to level Chiron up a decent bit. But still -- some newbies do nothing but stack 5x more swords than other units, and hoplites aren't bad for that, especially with Chiron.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Yes, I've known people with a hop nuke before... Some guy in my alliance, should of took a screenshot! He had a 3,000 hopilite nuke. Just hopilites, no navy. He was on a dangerous island and stacked the city and used it to clean enemy cities, it was quite effective I suppose :p

DeletedUser22650

until somebody slingered him....i will get chiron after all of the other ones are on lvl 20 and then only because im assuming ill get a shiny for collecting them all

DeletedUser37948

there are some exceptional defences that are only week to sharp attack, i think the advise on having a sharp nuke in any formate is worth while.
sharp is never going to be a bread and butter attack but to have a sharp nuke at your desposal when you need it can save a ton of rebuilding.
as for heros there are some odvious advatages to many of them but i think it will take a while before we all understand the hidden depth to there effectivness and the tricks that will give edges to there use

DeletedUser22650

im loving the heroes so far, i only have a few but theres lots of combinations of heroes and island buffs that look awesome for boosting bombs (see jnc this post is on topic :p) aswell as the faster reload ones, i know im normally a broken record but i found the ww, clicky farms and shared dbp all took away alot of the strategy in grep and replaced it with mindless activity and heavy spending some other updates are purely graphical but this one puts some of what was lost back in, i think we'll see brains winning wars again instead of wallets

DeletedUser22650

seems you are the only one ;) love spamming you mate - wjhy don't you come to O54 and have some fun?

howdy, spam me up as much as jnc will let you bud you're allways welcome :D are you in nysa? or do you mean o54 cythera?