katane.png

SUNDAY, FABRUARY 9, 2014​

On this issue:
Interviews and Maps
Lottery

Interviews and Maps​
Archangels/Archangels II
Is your alliance a pre-made?
No this alliance was formed when I just started the world.

How did the alliance got its name?
I like this name and so I made this up for our alliance name.

How is the alliance going to be "governed"? Who is going to run the alliance?
I am going to run the alliance and also it will be by the players in the alliance who will help me in this and accordingly with the majority also.

Which alliances do you see as potential threats, now and in the near future?
We see all as our threats as any alliance can become a threat any time leaving our pacts and academy alliance.

Anything else you would like to share with us?
Well I just want to tell that stop making alliances which are MRA in work make such which work for their players and have rules with which they go forward.
Arch.png

No Name Yet
Obviously my alliance is a pre-made, It was been discussed and planed on externals since a while. Here's the link.

Our current name explains the current situation, we have no name yet, but it will be changed in a few hours.

I am looking to make sure that each and every single member contribute in his own special mark to the alliance future impact. Considering, all members have a say,opinions and thoughts about what is going on in the world and in the alliance,its up for the leaders to make the proper decision that serve the best interest for the alliance. The one that will be running the alliance, is the same person who created the pre-made, which is me of course.

Right now I am not scouting any other alliance, my only affairs are my own alliance at the moment.

I just wanna state that were bunch of online friends, coming here to have fun and enjoy our time in this game.
NNY.png

Lightning Warriors
Yes our alliance is pre-made, we have been planning it for a while and just waiting for the right world to start. Most of us have played together and a large portion are very good friends in real life, this makes communication a lot easier and everyone is trusted.

Well, we played on previous worlds and was members of a very large alliance called "Lightning Storm", however we have also recruited a few of our friends from another alliance which I cannot think of the name of but it ended in "Warriors". During the process of deciding our name we sort of merged the two together to signify the merging of the players from 2 previous alliances on other worlds. On top of this we thought it sounded pretty cool.

Our Alliance is currently governed by a sort of "Council" made up of the most experienced and active members of the alliance. We all vote on topics and everybody's views are taken in to opinion (even those who aren't in the council) before we make a final decision about pacts, recruitment, wars etc.

At the moment no clear enemies stand out from the crowd are there are a number of good alliances in the midst. Alliances like No Name Yet appear very strong and experienced, we may work together in the future but for now I cannot disclose any more information.

We would just like to say that we cannot wait to see what happens when beginners protection ends, however whatever it is, with tight leadership and the active response of our members i'm sure we can work through whatever happens.
image.png

KRYPTEIA/KRYPTE1A/KRYPTE2A
We did provide a link for Krypteians to follow. So, yes

Krypteia was formed on Tau and we carried on the name to Gela and Katane.
The name was chosen because Krypteia was the Spartan training academy from which leaders were chosen.

Having moved from a world where the alliance limit was 200, it has presented difficulties on Katane with its limit of 50. We have overcome this by forming 3 alliances. Each one is equal to the other and its forums and governance is shared. There are no academies. Currently, our founders/leaders have all played with Krypteia before. It is important to us that Leader is not just a name, and that each leader has a job.

Any alliance that isn't ours is a threat.

You are currently located in the core occupying 4 different oceans, once BP ends will you expand or concentrate on obtaining control of a certain ocean?
In the initial stages we will merely be concentrating on getting our cities conquest ready and taking a second city close by. We are unlikely to focus on one ocean at a time.

We have waited 4 months for a suitable world to turn up. It is disappointing that the limit is only 50, because our usual style is to be a large alliance with some new players who can learn the game by playing alongside the experienced players.
Nevertheless it is great to be back together again, and we are all looking forward to a fun game.
KRIP.png

New Moon Rising
The alliance is pre-made, yet, it is not pre-made.

The alliance got the name New Moon Rising, as the name of the alliance is New Moon Rising.

The alliance will be governed by a government.

We see alliances of potential threats, who are potential threats.

Alliance of potential threats now, are now potential threats, etc.
NMR.png

The Lords Warriors
the alliance is part pre-made as I brought a small group of players with me from Thebes . I have been planning for the last six months how I would when the time was right form the alliance and set the location of its members. I was a council member in Thebes but the alliance was formed 4 months after the start of the world so I new the importance of getting going quickly on day 1 here.

The alliance name is not as many people think any reference to religion but simple word play.
The best alliance I have been in was called THE WARRIORS and I'm LORD PAXO and this is my alliance so mashed up they become THE LORDS WARRIORS.

The alliance is governed by myself with leaders below me and diplomats either side of the leaders. Every member gets there say the leaders filter the opinions then present the alternatives to me to give my recommendation.

Potential threats always going to be the number 1 alliance No Name Yet but until the first week has passed and alliance sort themselves out lose a few noob's its hard to tell. It will mainly depend if Archangels are up for a fight and take it to either No Name Yet or OCEAN 55 or ourselves.
TLW.png

Gods of War/Gods Of The Underworld/Gods of Peace
Gods of War is not a pre-made.

I had started my own alliance and at the time there was another alliance on the same island as me. That alliance was called Gods of War. I talked with the leader of this three man alliance and we agreed we were not that different in terms of goals so we decided to join together. Shortly after I joined however, before I had even finished setting up the forums the leader logged off. Not wanting to get stuck in a four man alliance I decided to keep recruiting and making decisions for the alliance. The leader remained inactive as we grew. Eventually we acquired new leaders and a new structure. I removed the original founder's permissions as a leader, but left them within the alliance in case they returned. When they did return we had already gained around 30 members, yet this old founder wanted to continue as a leader. Seeing as I did not see leadership quality in leaving for a long length of time without giving some sort of notice I declined to give them the rights of a founder, but instead offered them a chance to lead in another way to show they were serious about being a part of the team. They refused, then threatened me, and so I removed them from the alliance.

Currently the alliance is run by many people who help in the making of decisions, recruiting, and forum moderating. I am the sole founder, but would love to see my responsibilities decline as others gain new responsibilities.

All alliances can be a threat at some point, but right now KRYPTEIA has my attention.
Go_W.png

Dystopia
Yes, we are playing in other world (75%) and rest are the new we met.

Dystopia is an imaginary place or state in which the condition of life is extremely bad, as from deprivation, oppression, or terror , and we Love to survive from this type situation.

Attacking is the best plan for Defense - we are on it. It will run by all members here, we all are a team-player, we need everyone to run this alliance.

No Name Yet may be, because many of their players are a premium user. I hate play with gold.

There are no opportunity to purchase gold in many Asian currency, many players facing problem in purchasing, if Grepolis take some necessary steps regarding this it will be great .
Dyst.png

Endbringer Union
One could say that we are, perhaps, some 40% alliance is known from other worlds, we played together, maybe more, but 40% of these I'm sure, the rest is new, but the experience is to surprise.

Tough question, I took the lead Endbringer Union and, more recently, that I again found two EU, for I had to ask Cheda.

So I think our profile says it all, "powered by friends" which could mean that I'm just a patsy. In fact I am currently the only true leader of the Alliance. I've collected a lot of experience of many good leaders, such as for example in the world Niceau Zyglon, or former Black Flag leader Earl of Sandwich, who is my very good friend, King of Cheda from the EU in that world.

It is difficult to say anything at the beginning, a lot of alliances fall apart after a few days of battle, or upon termination of that beginner protection, no concrete answer to this question, however, let this question remain as no comments.

If we don't end war, war will end us. let's play the people, because this is still unreal world.
image.png

24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE
Yes it is, The majority of us have played together for quite some time now.

It's the title of a song by a band called HAPPY MONDAYS. I figured with the amount of sleep we lose playing this game that it was appropriate.

Myself and one leader at the moment. As we grow we will look to allocate roles. In the military is where we will start.

No, just watching the movement of them at the moment.

Enjoy playing the game as we all do.
24_HPP.png

Diamond Blue
I was trying to think of a good alliance name, the other day before this world started. Trying to figure it out, before I even knew this world was coming. It's a shame that whenever you make an alliance name, and you here about other alliances names, you think 'dam! why didn't I think of that first?'. I must of been thinking of jewels at the time, because I came up with several names. Diamond blue, Emerald Green and Ruby Red. I don't know why I picked Diamond Blue, it just kind of sounds nice, and pretty cool. Although, I might choose Ruby Red next time!

I am going t run the alliance with a few leaders, and a special leaders chat tab on the forum. I haven't got any leaders as yet annoyingly, I always never get any leaders. Quite annoying really. I had one world once where I had two very strong and professional leaders, I want leader material. There several members in my alliance who are helping other members very much with guides, and one member who is regularly keeping control of my invitations for me and being extremely helpful. That kind of thing is leader material. That is what I want.

Not mentioning any names, but there are some islands around me completed covered with the same alliance members. That is the kind of thing I look for and think 'we don't want to get on the wrong side of them'. I would like to quote one of my fellow alliance members a minute.

"I was getting along pretty decently until an alliance, which every member was on my island, began taking turns attacking me one after the other. I could not train any soldiers before they would attack again. The alliance that I belonged to began supporting me in an effort to help, but all of the sudden they disbanded the alliance and left me high and dry. "

I don't want to start a war. That's the kind of thing that happens. You think you're winning, but then you get overwhelmed and loose. It is such a shame, to waste your alliance on a pointless war. Don't attack others. Let them make the first move. That is what I tell my alliance members.

I can't remember who said this in another world, but whoever it was they were very smart.

"We value diplomacy over brute force, but will fight for our friends loyally and to the end, if necessary."

Ever member has a certain spark. Something they shine in, something to be celebrated. It is just a matter of finding it. Don't give up, persistence, perseverance, you will find it somehow. Some people have troops spring out of the ground, some have experience swirling around in their brain. Some have the ability to make peace in war. Some have the ability to conquer cites ever 24 hours. But whatever your ability. Whatever your shine. Whatever your bright spark. Whatever the time. Share your knowledge. Share your gifts. Share your troops. Share yourself. It's not about being better than anyone, you don't have to be best even points don't make you better than the rest. Just play. Don't wither. Have fun. We can rule this world TOGETHER!
image.png

The Outcasts
Yes, most of us know each other from other worlds but there are some new faces too.

The alliance name was with us for a while in Sparta before we merged with other alliances and it seemed a good way to start here.

We have a council of experienced players that have the final say in all decisions but we like to make sure everyone in the alliance is allowed to voice their opinions, openly, and without hassles from other players. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Just starting out, we have some ideas which alliances may cause action down the road but right now, we are in a waiting, but ready to fight, position.
image.png
*No Name Yet = Unwritten Symphony

Lottery
Choose a number from 1 to 25.
Prize: +Rep

+Rep if you liked it and would like me to continue. I will add more section in the future.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Disappointed. Missing great alliances out here my friend!

DeletedUser44426

Its okay. But ours will be better when we release it.

DeletedUser44027

See, that's the problem. After BP, newspapers hold much more value. I guarantee that you won't see half of these alliances next issue. Also kinda disappointed that you didn't add anything special to the issue, but I guess you were pressed for time. Other then that. Nice job :)

DeletedUser20415

Its a very interesting read. Good Job.

I will take 7 :)

DeletedUser

good job, I failed with the words, maybe I was too stoned: P
AuraExtra

DeletedUser30111

I love the gods of war interview, straight up alliance stealing, haha.
Great as always, not a huge fan of the banner though

DeletedUser44027

I love the gods of war interview, straight up alliance stealing, haha.
Great as always, not a huge fan of the banner though

^this. Use something like you used for the Eubea Journal, that looked very nice :)

DeletedUser33530

See, that's the problem. After BP, newspapers hold much more value. I guarantee that you won't see half of these alliances next issue. Also kinda disappointed that you didn't add anything special to the issue, but I guess you were pressed for time. Other then that. Nice job :)
Well he had no time and what else can he add at this point.

DeletedUser

I think for an intro run, it gives a nice little mark of who's where and some of their thoughts.

I'm a big fan of targeted "interviews" so have a bit more custom tailored questions, and knowing things like alliance x has a post on the forums, or "I see you've played on world y in alliance z with the same alliance name, is there a correlation?"

I know, for a first issue, that kind of detail and research can be a bit unnecessary, so I look forward to seeing that in the future!

+rep