Theater

DeletedUser

a simmer's delight :D

starting city festivals and theater plays at the same time will be very tempting for a lot of players i'm sure, i may even be tempted to build a few in cities far from the action for quick culture!

DeletedUser

Don't like this.. You say, and I quote, " we also want to shift the Grepolis gameplay slightly towards a more aggressive playstyle." yet you decide to make simming even easier than it already is. If anything this will make the game more passive.

DeletedUser

Hmm this will be handy for those backline cities that you forget about, but as people have said, it will increase simming i think.

DeletedUser345

Increase simming perhaps but you'd still have to be very active to get the resources every day to launch both of them and I just like to see improvement in terms of options.

DeletedUser

Sorry if this is a stupid question, though what's happening to the theater?

DeletedUser

Good for Hyperborea, perhaps they will get more use for it, but the main warrior and hero worlds probably will not. This doesn't take away from other buildings, and helps simmer oriented people. I like it.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind this rebalancing.... would help us aggressive players get slots faster and cheaper and give us a good use for our BR nuke cities (when not rebuilding)

DeletedUser25380

Never built (nor conquered) a theater until 2 days ago, to at least see it :D
Usually used by simmers, and maybe by later game players (100+ cities) as then one really needs a lot of CP to get a city slot. It probably won't affect the game significantly, so it's good.

DeletedUser33530

Thank god. The theater took way to long to get you the culture points.

DeletedUser27727

hmm, i think this would be too easy for simmer. All you need is a full warehouse and.. woot, for turtles at 40-50 cities they will get like ... near to 100 cps/ day if no1 touch them... kinda unfair for aggressive players. How about make it 2-3 days? 1 day is too short

DeletedUser

Yeah but I think the point of this is to make cities deep in territories useful as cp gainers. yes it will be used by simmers, but I have 22 cities that are deep in alliance controlled territory and they do nothing but long term support. Theatres as of now are pretty much useless to I think this is a very good idea. And aggressive players won't use it as much because it would replace the thermal baths which are just too useful to be replaced in frontline cities. But it still does cause a problem for players that actually do stuff.

DeletedUser

Meh, I'm still going to build the baths. Agree that this is one for the simmers and turtles, it won't do anything for aggressive players.

DeletedUser29987

Most of what is said above is true, however maybe instead of lowering time it takes and resources so much, why not just lower time?

I mean, from however many days it took before to what you're proposing, that's a huge difference in itself, let alone also lowering the resources for it, in fact it makes more sense to keep the resources the same or increase it to stop simmers and turtles.

However, if you wanted to help increase aggressive players, perhaps you could put a restriction on the amount of times you can use it?

Say, you can use it twice, or 3x the amount of times for each victory procession you have had in your city? I don't know, just an idea.