Theater

DeletedUser

Wow, so much simmer and turtle bashing. You realise it's the counter to aggressive players?
This is a game and defending is just as important as attacking.
Everyone has different styles of play, like different styles of boxers.
Doesn't make simmers or turtles 'bad'.
The aggressive players seem to be whinging because they can't beat them.
This is all part of the game guys.
This is a good move in my books.
Remember, defending is still a form of fighting!

DeletedUser

i think you're over clocking this buff, i think thermals will be replaced for the only left hand side option

DeletedUser345

Wow, so much simmer and turtle bashing. You realise it's the counter to aggressive players?
This is a game and defending is just as important as attacking.
Everyone has different styles of play, like different styles of boxers.
Doesn't make simmers or turtles 'bad'.
The aggressive players seem to be whinging because they can't beat them.
This is all part of the game guys.
This is a good move in my books.
Remember, defending is still a form of fighting!

Plays who sit back an keep a strong defensive advantage gain no respect in my eyes, going forward and attacking against the odds is a lot harder and requires real skill, it is not the fact turtles are hard to crack just that it is annoying to waste troops doing so.

DeletedUser

What I resent is that if I have to spend all my time kicking turtles' walls down and taking their cities I'm only getting to play half the game. But if I don't at least do that then I might as well just play Farmville.

DeletedUser

Well defending and trying to hold your cities is just as fun as it is taking cities. That's why I play this game, for the mental challenge. You can't say defending doesn't take skill. Often I don't even ask for support. I mean, so sorry to slow your expansion down but that's what this game is about. Me vs you.

Anyway, this is about rebalancing. So to go on topic, making this under used building more popular is the goal, and to make shorter duration of the theatre and making it cheaper is a +1 from me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good rebalancing with the Theater. If it won't be used after the updating, it's only because theater is in the same group of Thermal baths, so it's just impossible to rebalance this group. (The plow, that is similar to thermal baths, is the most researched technology, so...)
EDIT: If you want a rebalancing, than make less requirements for the theater (because for now thermal baths are unlocked before theater)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40470

At present in my younger/smaller cities I always build theaters for early culture. As the population builds Thermal Baths become more useful - more pop better offensive, better defence.

My opening remark was that I'm a theater fan - but I feel theater plays at such a cheap price every day is too much. However I always felt 5 days was too long to wait, might a compromise be struck - split the difference and make it 3 days? (but the cost isn't an issue - so same cost!)