This is ludicrous..

DeletedUser

This forum has turned into a joke already. Everyone is getting mad at each other, yelling at each other, being rude to each other, and for the most part not even talking about what the threads are about.

I did have a part in that, and I was wrong, I apologize to those I insulted.

Now will everyone just stop and get back to the true purpose of the forum. And stop freaking out at people, calling them idiots, saying they are noobs, or saying that they don't have a clue about anything, simply because they disagree with something you say. And most of all stop attacking people personally for their views on a particular subject!!

This is the exact reason that forums die, no one wants to post anything on a forum when all they will get in return for their good intentioned opinions is a bunch of immature gamers getting pissy about them "Not liking their alliance" or saying that they "Dot see their alliance going far". :Angry:

DeletedUser

Too right.
This is a game people! Enjoy it as such.

Banter is good, you need people doing PnPs and trash talking each other and enemy alliances alliances etc otherwise what else is there to post about?
But don't take it personally! Have fun, enjoy and don't ruin it for everyone else. :)

DeletedUser27700

You guys can debate anything you want, in the proper place and as long as it stays civil.

I only step in when rules get broken, wich has not been often yet here.
So good job ;)

DeletedUser

Tinky, stop.

I am attempting to get the bickering to stop, your comment is unneeded.

Debating is good, the flat out bickering that we have had so far on this forum is not.
Your comment "Hehe, you havn't seen forums dying" is entirely baseless. Could a mod please remove that comment (and then this one).
I am trying to get this civilized, and we do not need people being that way. Thank you.

DeletedUser

This thread is not about bickering. This thread is about being civilized. Stop polluting the thread.

DeletedUser

But being civilized is so boring :( it's a lot more fun if you can smash your opponent with no good reason.

DeletedUser27700

:D You guys kill me

You are bickering about whether or not bickering is fun :p

DeletedUser

but isn't that what most people do on the forums? why not make a bickering thread or an off topic thread? :p

allow people to spew what they want on the forums as long as they aren't personally insulting them..

seems this will go on either way- might as well do it in an organized way lol

DeletedUser

I am not polluting the thread, I give my opinion on that being civilized is good when you are bickering. Arguments are good. Fight of wits is good. And keep forums alive of course, people reply threads.

When did I every say it was not, actually, let me quote myself "Debating is good, the flat out bickering that we have had so far on this forum is not."

I simply ask that you stop commenting on this thread, your comments thus far have been unneeded.

@ matt

That is totally fine!!!! I am just sick and tired of EVERY thread being turned in to a bicker-fest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27700

Come on, don't get into a fight. Anyone can post here.

Get along children, or its the whip for ya :p

DeletedUser

Damnit who gave the Mod a whip as well, this isnt fair :( I get whipped enough at home as it is.....

DeletedUser

....This is the exact reason that forums die, no one wants to post anything on a forum when all they will get in return for their good intentioned opinions is a bunch of immature gamers getting pissy about them "Not liking their alliance" or saying that they "Dot see their alliance going far". :Angry:

You are not right. Take a look at Olympia - speed-1 world with speed-1 for troops. Forum of such worlds normally die after 2-3 weeks of the game. And there "Top-12 Alliances" 98 pages (!), "World discussion" 68 pages (!), " Wars 7.14" (numbers mean that previous threads were closed by mods because off-topic and next threads with incremental numbers were opened), etc..

And why all that forum-fest? Because everybody there blames each other being a noob and there are a lot of people with really big mouth. :)

That's how forums work. :)

DeletedUser27700

You are not right. Take a look at Olympia - speed-1 world with speed-1 for troops. Forum of such worlds normally die after 2-3 weeks of the game. And there "Top-12 Alliances" 98 pages (!), "World discussion" 68 pages (!), " Wars 7.14" (numbers mean that previous threads were closed by mods because off-topic and next threads with incremental numbers were opened), etc..

And why all that forum-fest? Because everybody there blames each other being a noob and there are a lot of people with really big mouth. :)

That's how forums work. :)

I disagree. Calling someone a Noob is perfectly acceptable in these forums.
It is when it gets out of hand, and the insults become personal that mods have to close threads.

DeletedUser

But you dont get the point mate ;) Being personal brings people back for round 2 :p

DeletedUser

But not everyone sees it that way.
There is a line between friendly banter to generate a debate and insulting someone to start an argument.

Just keep it friendly, don't take any insults personally and get over it. Have fun.

DeletedUser6029

But not everyone sees it that way.
There is a line between friendly banter to generate a debate and insulting someone to start an argument.

Just keep it friendly, don't take any insults personally and get over it. Have fun.

Yeah Thomas, and with that would ya shut up ALREADY!!!!! :D

Iced, grepo whips are kinky, some of us think they are quite fun ;)