Thoughts On The New Farming System?

DeletedUser42565

I just wanted to add that I am pleased that inno are at least trying something different, and this is something that folk's did complain about, almost as much as the end game but nothing will ever get complained about as much as that.

DeletedUser54486

Yeah I never thought about how screwed you might be if you landed on an island of all inactive cities that never got 600 points. Good luck leveling up the villages.

I really don't see how you all can ignore the Bandit Camp that was put in place at the same time as the BP villages. The Bandit Camp gives 2000-3000 BP (enough to get all the camps, upgrade all the camps to the desired level and get some processions) through the 100 stages, and provides really easy battles for low-points players. About 2/3 - 3/4 of my ABP is from the Bandit Camp even now, so it's hard for me to overlook such a critical feature of new early game-play.

DeletedUser1854

I like it. Something new. Helps with growth for the first few cities.

DeletedUser54029

The funny thing is, people who play revolt love it, kinda confusing.

DeletedUser54486

The funny thing is, people who play revolt love it, kinda confusing.

Revolt isn't as fast-paced and thus the change in pace may not be as noticeable (everybody tries to max wall and stack DLU in any city that the enemy tries to take)?

DeletedUser54486

I'm not an expert on this (I've only played a couple worlds and haven't ever gotten to late-game (WW stage)) so please don't take my supposition as fact. I'm just trying to guess what is the cause of the previous statement (which I don't even know is 100% correct).

DeletedUser52860

whatever we think of it is immaterial really, when have inno ever listened to the players that play the game (and fill their wallets).

It is purely an attempt (like every other change) to generate more revenue. If you want to grow fast at the beginning (say less than 20 cities) then farming your villages as often as possible is key so most experienced players will want to gain and then level up all villages.

Seeing as even inno couldn't get to a point where they would sell battle points I guess they hope that by finding something else to charge you battle points for (which is what they are doing) that eventually it will all trickle down to more gold purchased.

I don't knock them for it, it is a business after all but I don't see any way it enhances gameplay yet?

DeletedUser54553

Hi all :)
I'd just like to input a n00bs point of view.

I've been playing for about two months now on a 'normal' server and actually really struggled once the attacks started coming in. That's after reading guides, etc to help with defences.

This new world I joined because I wanted a second chance in case my other city got taken. I love this new system :) so far I'm still under protection and aren't having to worry about troops because of the rewards from the bandit camp (gaining troops). I'm having time and resources now to concentrate on the senate, academy, warehouse and harbour :) I'm a lot more confident starting up this time around, the walk through seems more thorough too because it actually introduces n00bs to BP's so we're not googling the difference between that and culture points xD (I know right?)

Either way that's my two cents :) I like it and am hoping this time around I can make a decent sized city for myself that's capable of launching a decent attack before my city is raided. I'm very active and would like to keep it that way without being penalised like in the other world :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser51219

Just an fyi they stop giving troops later on. This system is good in the short run but bad in the long run.

DeletedUser54553

Just an fyi they stop giving troops later on. This system is good in the short run but bad in the long run.

Yeah I'm in the 80's now and no more troops. To be fair it's nice to get the extra favour and resources now to help with the city/build an army you actually want lol. Good to get you started at least :)

Edit: one bad I've found is usually when you have too many resources you level up a village... can't do that now. On the bright side it means resources are going to alliance members instead, bad side means you need a bigger market place lol. Swings and roundabouts!

DeletedUser35069

Tried them, don't like them. Would say they are a waste of bp but at the start for your first couple of cities (when you need bp most for new slots) you need them, Think they have been designed to slow everyone down a little after bp by wasting bp on other things. Therefore giving new players a little longer to grow before losing their first cities.

Secondly they make it harder to dump off resources for incoming attacks. Gotten farmed more on here whilst trying them out than any other server. Hardly ever used the old fvs apart from sniping against and dumping resources so with me now having 50% of the use of the old ones makes them kinda pointless to me. Also don't see much point in attacking them to kill a dozen troops. Those attacks would take the same amount of time to hit a player on the island and with chances of increased bp/resources to the scraps the villages give.

MissusR

Phrourach
Matt we are just getting old and dont like change. I tested on Beta and took a small group to Nagidos to run a live test. I too miss a village to upgrade and kill a few troops when I need more space. But I have never yet manage to demand all resources which often happened on the old system. The danger of having a farm in revolt is gone. You are able to get farms at once on a new island and dont have the tedious wait till you have built enough troops. Lack of BP does slow you down and yet I have a feeling we have never grown so fast before

DeletedUser53831

Change of heart for experiencing bp farming villages, I actually came to like the new system, It encourages more attacking and supporting and less simming especially in the long run.

DeletedUser54507

Noob opinion, so have nothing to compare it to. I think the system works really well for me. Bandit camps and attacking people on my island provided the BP to build out farms for my new cities. It takes 1,086 BP to build out a new city to 6 level 5 farms. I have been waiting to conquest until I have the needed BP to construct the infrastructure. Then 5 hours after conquest I have a full farming city cranking out resources for troops or troops as needed. That and putting up marketplace to level 10 or so provides all the resources I need for 6 cities, with attack booty supplementing it.

Level 5 farms seems to be the sweet spot and allows me to get 4 hour resource pull or 42 troops to reload every 3 hours. I have not bothered to spend the BP to get level 6 - that seems more efficient in culture points.