Top 12 Top 12 Sink or Swim

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser24785

And you honestly didn't expect that that sort of thing would happen if you gave everyone full rights? While you weren't the one to remove everyone's rights, you did just set it up for it to happen. Would it have been too much to appoint just a couple of responsible players as founders/leaders on your way out, or were you in too much of a hurry to save your own skin?

They had all already left or quit, anyway the point was i didn't delete the forums or leave it without a founder. As for saving my own skin, its a pixel game mate, no one gets skinned .

DeletedUser54054

I don't really know Tim but from a general point off view i find it strange he gets all the salt... and NOT the gang bangers.
I guess i'm old school, old-fashioned and expired like an old milk.
It has been pointed out to me many times i still leave in the old days when grepolis was a one on one game, when a alliance took on 3-4 alliances at once.
Now its usually the other way around, 3-4 alliances take on one. I guess these are the times we live in but to go on and on about taking an alliance down with the help off others i find sickening.

I for one would like to give TVG credit for trying to play the game how it was intended.

Also i would like to add that this is from an outside view, i might by way off base here

DeletedUser54192

They had all already left or quit, anyway the point was i didn't delete the forums or leave it without a founder. As for saving my own skin, its a pixel game mate, no one gets skinned .
- Looked like there were still a fair number of players left behind. A leader is meant to look after his players, not just ditch them if it's convenient to do so.
- I personally never accused you of doing that. Still, leaving it with everyone as founder is asking for trouble, especially if not all of them are team players as has been implied.
- The "it's a game" excuse that only gets rolled out when there is no other defense for someone's actions.

I don't really know Tim but from a general point off view i find it strange he gets all the salt... and NOT the gang bangers.
- I can see why you might get that opinion, but I'm not sure that there is actually coordination between Who Cares and The Evil Empire, as some people are trying to claim. Given how annoyed some of Who Cares appear to be by Varangian Guard handing cities to Evil Empire, I'd say that Who Cares and Evil Empires aren't exactly best buddies. Otherwise it would be "thanks for giving cities to our friends".

Tim is getting so much salt because he ran away to form a new alliance, ditching a bunch of his members in the process. If Varangian Guard had retreated to an easier area, Tim wouldn't be getting nearly as much flak.

It has been pointed out to me many times i still leave in the old days when grepolis was a one on one game, when a alliance took on 3-4 alliances at once.
Now its usually the other way around, 3-4 alliances take on one. I guess these are the times we live in but to go on and on about taking an alliance down with the help off others i find sickening.
It's not like The Evil Empire and Who Cares were only attacking Varangian Guard and no-one else.
- The Evil Empire have also been fighting Dost Teknesi Hanedan, Ghosts of War and a few others.
- Who Cares were fighting Savages, Full Metal Jacket and a few others. The fact that Varangian Guard decided to take in the remains of Savages would have made them a primary target for Who Cares based on how possessive some of them get about their food. :p
- Apparently Varangian Guard was trying to get the help of Invicta, which would have made it 3 alliances vs 2 alliances, in Varangian Guard's favour.

DeletedUser54054

I know people are a bit mixed if they are working together or not. In my opinion that does not matter. They took advantage off the situation.
You might call that a good move, i'll give them that. But do it quietly, stop bragging about it, its just lame!

Like i said, i might be way off base. i'm not really into politics over an entire ocean away ;-)
Just felt like voicing my opinion on gang bangging. In some contexts it is very good, others not so good ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Witch

Strategos
Simply not true, every body was given rights when i left ,and the forum was intact nothing was deleted by me, i sent a Mass Mail saying if anyone wanted to step up and takeover they could. While i take the brunt of the alliances failure, some of these things are incorrect. This statement above being one of them.The message below from a member this may explain some of this, but i didn't do what your accusing me of.

2017-11-15 at 18:44
gonna tell everyone send me resources or ill boot no joke

2017-11-15 at 18:43
koo i made myself leader of here lol took away everyones rights gonna have a little fun real quick

I heard this version. Tim left and handed over founders rights to all. Not the wisest of moves Id say but it was an attempt to give those left behind time to choose their own next moves. I think leaders have a responsibility to their players so maybe more could have been done here.

Its pretty normal that alliances collapse in first few weeks though so theres some inevitability here. VG had some decent players but to be set upon by TEE/WC simultaneously was a tough call.

DeletedUser24785

My last post regarding this subject
1) We were pacted with Savages who fell away long before we did ,yet were they accused or their leaders for handing cities off to WC. Their leaders also folded their alliance , some of their members left joined TVG in fact as we stood by our pact agreement until the end, never taking a city off them which we could have.
2) No city was handed off, Holgard fell to TEE because all the def. was used sniping a cs on a members city on the same island, which was saved, alas i couldn't rebuild quickly enough to defend my own city and got no support.Serkland WC knew as being attacked and WC actually had two revolts in before TEE did, is it my fault you didn't take before TEE's cs, not sure that can be classed as handing off, i'm sure if you look at the def. rankings for that day it proves anything but.
3) I believe i gave my best shot with TVG, other leaders left frustrated at events , i stayed until the last co-leader left. I then due to RL commitments and work decided that i did not have the time to lead it alone, nor the desire.

The days of taking on pre-mades have gone, there simply aren't enough experienced players to be able to build an alliance good enough to take on 2 pre-mades at once, thats not anti-pre-made its just a fact.
I play for fun, and as the betting advert says , when it stops being fun stop, trying to make TVG work was no longer fun. If i was wrong to feel frustrated after spending over 10 hrs a day trying to make it work then fine i failed , them and myself.
As i said my last comment on this, so carry on , i wont feed your posts as unless you can prove me wrong and try and do better, then i don't feel i should have too.

Regards.

DeletedUser21560

I guess i'm old school, old-fashioned and expired like an old milk.

I for one would like to give TVG credit for trying to play the game how it was intended.

Also i would like to add that this is from an outside view, i might by way off base here

Say what? We teamed up against them?

We all started as solo alliances, some choose to pact early (TVG and Savages) We choose to war them both. Neither of the alliances could take cities of us, and since they were pacted, they couldnt take cities of each other either. We took cities of both

This has nothing to do with alliances teaming up, this has to do with strategy and tactics.

DeletedUser21287

i doubt any alliance premade or not would survive where tvg ended up. bad roll of the dice.

DeletedUser21560

My last post regarding this subject
1) We were pacted with Savages who fell away long before we did ,yet were they accused or their leaders for handing cities off to WC. Their leaders also folded their alliance , some of their members left joined TVG in fact as we stood by our pact agreement until the end, never taking a city off them which we could have.
2) No city was handed off, Holgard fell to TEE because all the def. was used sniping a cs on a members city on the same island, which was saved, alas i couldn't rebuild quickly enough to defend my own city and got no support.Serkland WC knew as being attacked and WC actually had two revolts in before TEE did, is it my fault you didn't take before TEE's cs, not sure that can be classed as handing off, i'm sure if you look at the def. rankings for that day it proves anything but.
3) I believe i gave my best shot with TVG, other leaders left frustrated at events , i stayed until the last co-leader left. I then due to RL commitments and work decided that i did not have the time to lead it alone, nor the desire.

The days of taking on pre-mades have gone, there simply aren't enough experienced players to be able to build an alliance good enough to take on 2 pre-mades at once, thats not anti-pre-made its just a fact.
I play for fun, and as the betting advert says , when it stops being fun stop, trying to make TVG work was no longer fun. If i was wrong to feel frustrated after spending over 10 hrs a day trying to make it work then fine i failed , them and myself.
As i said my last comment on this, so carry on , i wont feed your posts as unless you can prove me wrong and try and do better, then i don't feel i should have too.

Regards.

Respect for trying tho

DeletedUser55208

Say what? We teamed up against them?

We all started as solo alliances, some choose to pact early (TVG and Savages) We choose to war them both. Neither of the alliances could take cities of us, and since they were pacted, they couldnt take cities of each other either. We took cities of both

This has nothing to do with alliances teaming up, this has to do with strategy and tactics.
Tell me, do you have any tactics to collect a huge amount of alliances around you? You call this MRA, if I'm not mistaken

DeletedUser21560

Tell me, do you have any tactics to collect a huge amount of alliances around you? You call this MRA, if I'm not mistaken

Sorry what?

2 THE EVIL EMPIRE 2992719 60 49879
3 Who Cares 2484306 58 42833

a 60 member alliance calling a 58 member alliance MRA
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

Nice growth on your part tho, you are working like a nicely oiled machine. Impressive i must say
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

DeletedUser50245

Sorry what?

2 THE EVIL EMPIRE 2992719 60 49879
3 Who Cares 2484306 58 42833

a 60 member alliance calling a 58 member alliance MRA
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

Nice growth on your part tho, you are working like a nicely oiled machine. Impressive i must say
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif
gentleman = if you cannot mean what you say, you will never SAY what you mean ;)
just say the magic word Thizzle
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif
:D

DeletedUser50245

can't wait to fight you in the battlefield ... from what i hear, you guys have perfect timings ... how do you manage to do this? with those skills, you can conquer the entire server ... ;) perfectly oiled machine indeed :D dare i say, the best i have yet to see

players linked by one mind, playing an aggressive game, moving perfectly as one :D

DeletedUser54537

1 INVICTA
2 THE EVIL EMPIRE
3 Who Cares
4 Phobia
5 Rogue Traders
6 BLACK WIDOWS
7 Written In Blood
8 D.T.L
9 Deuces Wild
10 Dost Teknesi Hanedan
11 Nocturnos
12 BLOOD HELLRAISERS

DeletedUser21287

1 INVICTA
2 THE EVIL EMPIRE
3 Who Cares
4 Phobia
5 Rogue Traders
6 BLACK WIDOWS
7 Written In Blood
8 D.T.L
9 Deuces Wild
10 Dost Teknesi Hanedan
11 Nocturnos
12 BLOOD HELLRAISERS

spade is a spade right notmad?

Van Helsing

Phrourach
can't wait to fight you in the battlefield ... from what i hear, you guys have perfect timings ... how do you manage to do this? with those skills, you can conquer the entire server ... ;) perfectly oiled machine indeed :D dare i say, the best i have yet to see

players linked by one mind, playing an aggressive game, moving perfectly as one :D

Like me and the missus on a Saturday night

Status
Not open for further replies.