Top 12 Top 12 Sink or Swim

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser38652

mmm is this first CS attempt i sink ? :)

TBC soon !

P.S. 69 ladies ;)

HsXdWBnDTPq0ZGgckl3jOQ.png

monkaS.png

DeletedUser52860

I totally disagree. I would never dodge with my defence when I got attacked. There are 3 reasons: 1) You keep your wall 2) You got a lot of good BP 3) You stop a revolt.

If you have to dodge something, you should dodge your biremes. They can save your city and obtain a lot of BP.
Many people send CS with 39 LS or attack with a slinger nuke with 20 LS.
So if you build 25 biremes(if you have many cities near each other) or 50 biremes(if it's a town in danger) you have a good chance to snipe the enemy a get a lot off easy BP.

BUT, never dodge with DLU...

Obviously if you have sufficient DLU to repel the attack and save the revolt then don't dodge, lol. However if you are up against a bigger player with deeper pockets then they will clear you anyway, your wall will be gone and you won't have any defense left to save your city.

Where as a dodge will leave all your defense alive to fight another battle.

With a small amount of gold and a construction boost you can throw a fairly decent wall up in 12 hours. The only attack that matters and needs to be defended is the CS (conquest or revolt) and you will have a much better chance of defending said city if you have 750 DLU + what you've added to it during the 12 hour period before RR starts.

I've played a bit of revolt too so not a noob.

DeletedUser21560

Obviously if you have sufficient DLU to repel the attack and save the revolt then don't dodge, lol. However if you are up against a bigger player with deeper pockets then they will clear you anyway, your wall will be gone and you won't have any defense left to save your city.

Where as a dodge will leave all your defense alive to fight another battle.

With a small amount of gold and a construction boost you can throw a fairly decent wall up in 12 hours. The only attack that matters and needs to be defended is the CS (conquest or revolt) and you will have a much better chance of defending said city if you have 750 DLU + what you've added to it during the 12 hour period before RR starts.

I've played a bit of revolt too so not a noob.

Problem is just that a smart enemy will keep coming back for your wall until the 12 hours are up. And then you are defending with 750 dlu behind no wall, instead of 750 troops behind wall 25. Big difference

DeletedUser52860

Problem is just that a smart enemy will keep coming back for your wall until the 12 hours are up. And then you are defending with 750 dlu behind no wall, instead of 750 troops behind wall 25. Big difference

well it's served me well having played a recent revolt server start to finish including the crown. Everyone plays their own way i suppose.

DeletedUser692

Coming from a conquest world, I had no idea walls are important and flying nukes not so much.... Revolt has it's own kind of charm I guess.

DeletedUser52860

Conquest is more fun but requires much more application.

Nothing makes your stomach drop more than waking up in the morning, realising you missed the attack alarm 4 hours ago and logging in to find 15k DLU and 2k birs parked in your city, lol!

Revolt is much more strategic imo.

DeletedUser692

But the fun of Conquest is trying to break siege, especially using flyers. In any case I so screwed in this world, like the noob that I am I invested in flyers. My Alliance is no more and I can't even snipe with my flyers guess I'll just have to settle with pissing someone off until I get rimmed.

DeletedUser24785

Nothing makes your stomach drop more than waking up in the morning, realising you missed the attack alarm 4 hours ago and logging in to find 15k DLU and 2k birs parked in your city, lol!

Who wants to wake up to a city thats lost. Here at least you have a chance to save your city even in a small active alliance with snipes, a way better war scenario than bigger alliances just taking any city they want by force of numbers. The only good thing i've seen about Conquest is the live TV if all players are about to be involved, bar that ,not for me.

DeletedUser54702

But the fun of Conquest is trying to break siege, especially using flyers. In any case I so screwed in this world, like the noob that I am I invested in flyers. My Alliance is no more and I can't even snipe with my flyers guess I'll just have to settle with pissing someone off until I get rimmed.

I recall black legion having grand plans on how they were gonna beat us and that all we were was a biker gang... an odd analogy if i do say so

At least thats what all the people applying to us from your former alliance say

DeletedUser20492

I've always preferred Revolt for just this reason. I find it's more balanced, because if you are a skilled player in an active alliance, you can fight a running war with 30 against 200, because sniping. Seems to depend on whether you prefer brute power we-just-kept-sending-in-units-because-there-were-more-of-us wins or strategic boy-i-had-to-think-about-that wins.

DeletedUser21560

I guarantee you that waking up to 5 pages of revolts on your forum makes your stomach drop much more than one of your cities being stacked lol
Atleast if you are an alliance leader and u have to find a way not to lose even a single city. I agree that its much more strategic

DeletedUser54339

I guarantee you that waking up to 5 pages of revolts on your forum makes your stomach drop much more than one of your cities being stacked lol
Atleast if you are an alliance leader and u have to find a way not to lose even a single city. I agree that its much more strategic

The best Grep/RL decision I ever made was to ensure I made and drank a cup of coffee before even touching the DEF tab. Works wonders for your sanity :)

DeletedUser52324

I normally play conquest but having read what you guys are saying I can see the appeal of revolt. I am in shark infested waters and although good for bp can see stress levels high until I establish few good snipes

DeletedUser50245

i played conquest at least twice ... spiking/sniping are fun ... but having no alarm can be stressful ... but for relaxation purposes, i prefer a conquest server
... i woke up in the morning and saw that 10 of my cities were being conquered ... i appealed for help ... for two hours, i received a small amount of help (yes from the no. 1 alliance lol) ... i used all my ls to break the sieges, but to no avail ... seeing no hope, i sip my morning coffee, forget about the sieges, and enjoyed the whole day watching classic films ... yes, i lost all the cities
in abdera (revolt), 22 cities of mine were revolted by EN ... had to spend almost 48 hours defending them because it was possible to defend them ... anyway, i lost 11 cities, not bad after thousands of attacks ... so if you want to relax, stay in a conquest server lol
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_panik4.gif

DeletedUser52324

After reading what you guys are saying I maybe converted to Revolt. We will see I will either do great or be rimmed within a week haha.

TobiramaSenju

Phrourach
Haven't touched a Conquest world since EN80 Rhammus , i just don't see how people get the "thrill" of attacking and defending in conquest ? Revolt is much more fun

Status
Not open for further replies.