Top 12 Top 12

Mike 3rd

Hipparchus
Now that we're about 36 hours before the end of BP, anyone feel like creating a top 12 (or top 10, 8, or whatever feels right)

Mike 3rd

Hipparchus
1687207519663.png

I'll be honest I haven't done one of these before, but I'll give it a stab to get the ball rolling.

#1 - Epic Failures / Epic Losers (Swim)
They have a pretty sizeable lead to start the world, and the have a pretty good core as we near the end of BP. I haven't played many worlds recently, but I still recognize several names from this group. I expect them to start by firming up their core on the 44/45 border which will result in an early conflict with The Mongrol Empire before deciding which direction to expand to from there. I expect this group to be a strong contender for this world.

#2 - Doom Fear (
Swim)
Another group with good positioning. Their core isn't as tight as Epic Failures, but I don't expect there to be much resistance as they work to solidify their core in O55. They have The Flying Falcons directly to their north which should provide food if they choose to move that route, otherwise they can continue to expand South and East as far as they want as the rim expands. This is another group I expect to be a contender for this world.

#3 - The Order (Float)
This is an interesting group as they kind of have two cores with a bit of a gap between them. It appears that a lot of the gap is filled by Flying Falcons. If they are able to quickly dispatch the Falcons and connect their cities, they should be in decent position to take control of O54 and Swim from there. I didn't recognize more than 1 or 2 names in this group, so I don't know much about them, but I think we will learn a lot about this group in the first couple of weeks post BP.

#4 - Endurance / Endurance 2 (
Sink)
This group is very scattered around O45, and has begun mass colonizing in the Soutwestern corner of the ocean. I think there is too much strong competition in the ocean for this group to solidify a core, and I expect significant losses to Epic Failures as soon as BP ends. If they can survive the initial onslaught, they might be able to carve out an are in Southwestern O45 and continue to live on the rim, but I don't see them as contenders for this world.

#5 - Alpha / Charlie (
Sink)
There are some strong players on this roster, but I believe they are stuck with no easy way to expand. I believe their best bet is to try and move straight North and try and carve out some space for their core, but they are going to be facing attacks from every direction which I think will eventually be too much to withstand.

#6 Flying Falcons / Flying Falcons II / Flying Falcons III (Float)
This group already has 3 full branches. I expect them to sustain fairly heave losses initially; however, I believe their sheer number of players will allow them to float at least in the beginning. This will be one war to watch early on between them and The Order to see who will control O54. This is another group I think we will learn a lot about in the next couple of weeks.

#7 - The Mongrol Empire (
Sink)
This group got a tough draw as they are what stands between Epic Failures solidifying its core. This team's best hope is to try and escape to the rim, but I don't have high hopes for this group.

#8 - The Silent Coming (Float)
This group is in slightly better position than Alpha / Charlie, but is also significantly smaller. I think this group's best chance is to continue to expand South and stay along the rim, but they will eventually face pressure from Epic Failures from the Northwest and Doom Fear from the East.

It wasn't quite a top 12, although I think we got to 12 including the various acadamies. Let me know what you all think and if you guys think I missed anything.

Milkarat

Chiliarch
You want an update on the top 8, here it is.

Updated Top 8 (Totally Accurate and Unbiased)

#1 - Epic Failures & Epic Losers - With 14 of the top 20 players and apparently bottomless wallets or their dads card number, this is hard to beat. They got a massive head start and have both the rank 1 and rank 2 spots as alliances. They are positioned in 044 and 055 mainly. As far as I can tell everyone around them is pretty much a giant whoopee cushion waiting to get sat on. Well maybe not quite all of them, we will see.

SWIM

#2 - Project Samos - The highest average point alliance beating out the rank 1 by a solid 100 points. There is a tiny caviotte however, its got a recruitment problem. They don't seem to be very good at finding members as they are maxing out at 1 right now. Maybe they just need a little time. SWIM

#3 - Alien Extraction - Formerly known as Doom Fear, they are sitting the the 3rd rank with 3 of the top 20 rank players. They got a few wallets and some notable players on their side as well as some not so notable players. Not too sure what their plan is and their positioning will be awful if they don't make some serious moves. They will be surrounded by pretty solid alliances and will have a tough time growing unless something interesting happens. Float

#4 - Charlie & Alpha - While most of the top rank alliances are forming their core in the starting oceans, this team has a much different idea of how to play the game. They are not the highest on the leader boards, but I figured I'd rank them pretty high because of their rapid execution of their unique strategy. They are moving way out in the boonies in 033 and have covered several islands in no time at all. Their growth is ramping up pretty rapidly and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in the most favorable position when the Wonders come out of the closet.
SWIM

#5 - Little Frogs - This alliance is always changing their name and for good reason, I'd probably change my name too if I looked like them. Aside from their next level strategy of constantly changing their name, they seem to be in a decent position as long as the next contender on this list does what every MRA eventually does. Frogs are hanging out in 054 smack in the middle of the largest MRA on this world so far.
FLOAT

#6 - Flying Falcons & Flying Falcons II & Flying Falcons III & Flying Falcons IV etc - Now here is the biggest and most advanced strategy team ever. Nobody has ever come up with a strategy so grand as these guys. They plan to win the world through diplomacy and at the rate they are going this world will be a turkey shoot... In all seriousness, this team has a lot of high potential players. If they use their MRA to feed cities to their flagship players then eventually they will be a pretty potent contender. Alternatively their good players will leave and join the nearby Frogs. Lots of things can happen to change this ocean. For now they will FLOAT

#7 - The Silent Coming - These guys have climbed a bit since the start of the world and are now sitting in the 6th rank with very good positioning south of both of the top 2 teams with plenty of room to grow without having to wrestle with the biggest guys. I will make a pretty bold guess and say that they will be climbing the ranks pretty steadily. SWIM

#8 - Endurance - Similar to Charlie & Alpha, this team is moving away from the main oceans pretty early, though not as far. They have some notable names among their roster that tell me this team has some potential to climb the ranks. They are located south west 045 and will grow uncontested for a while. SWIM

Fine Print - Please do not eat all the donuts and leave some for me. I kinda like donuts and wouldn't mind having them more often. If you like donuts the please leave a comment below with your favorite donut, I'd like to give it a try if I haven't already. Anyway you all should also try pepperoni donuts cause they are completely based and are yummy. BTW- Muck vs Yuck is real guys and I hope they win cause if they don't then it will be so funny that I'll be laughing so hard that it will make it hard to keep the donuts down. So keep on guys and may the best noob win.

klutchsmaster

Lochagos
Only my second time doing one but since OD asked so nicely why not give it a go. Plus, I don't feel like being productive so screw it, here we go..

#1: Epic Failures / Epic Losers (swim)
Easily the best alliance of the bunch here so far. Dominating just about every ranking except DBP. Solidifying their core while branching out. I think the fight with The White Knights for the battle of O44 will be a blowout. O45 seems more interesting with some decent alliances and players on the rise. Dominating Endurance... Should be an interesting battle with a few other alliances going forward though. Learned the hard way to never count out TF. Still this group is definitely a contender.

#2: Alien Extraction (Swim)

Their home ocean is O55, which is probably the most up in the air ocean in the world with a few decent groups that could win it out. No doubt that this alliance is the current favorite to win out their ocean though. A few notable names that can put up a good fight. Some interesting options they could go in in terms of expansion. Expanding into O54 is an option seeing they have plenty of cities on its border. Staying at home in O55 and fighting The Silent Coming is also an option as that would likely be their best option towards moving into O45 if they decided to move in that direction.

#3: Little Frogs (Float)
Sandwiched in between what is EP/EL and FF, this group's position isn't the best. They seem to be working towards setting up a core, moving away from EP/EL which is smart. They are ranked second in all fighting categories which I don't think is something to scoff at. I believe they're very top roster heavy with maybe 10-20 players carrying the rest. I don't see them disbanding any time soon but at the same time I don't think they're real contenders at all either. Time will tell what happens with them as they will have to cut some of the dead weight and maybe pick up a few good players before they can contend.

#4: Flying Falcons and their academies (Float then sink)

Definition of an MRA, but they got a few decent players that can kind of carry the weight for a little while. They'll eventually have to cut the dead weight and just move forward with the one's that contribute as I see LF having a brighter future than these guys do at the moment. Kind of weak in the fighter rankings, with the top alliance coming in at 7th overall. Overall, just very weak leadership that will more than likely run the alliance into the ground. The good players will get fed up with it eventually...

#5 The Silent Coming (Swim)
Core wise they are actually one of my favorites. Their players probably don't have the same reputation as the guys in EP/EL like VirtualSelf (Side note: That dude thinks i'm an idiot lol lols) but still shout out to him! Anyway, moving on.. Bordered between AE, The Phoenix Covenant, and the Black Sheep. I actually think this alliance has the most potential. Kind of like AE they might have to cut some dead weight and make a notable addition or two to be a real contender but the potential is def there. Not too shabby fighting wise with a good attacking and fighting rank of #4 and #5 respectively. Will be interesting to see what the future has in store.

Everyone else currently in the top 12 is a sink tbh. Couldn't compete in the core oceans so you go find cities in an ocean 20 hours cs tt away, what a joke.... Just get better at the game or something idk... I could throw some honorable mentions out there to teams currently outside of the top 12 but honestly not worth my time and not worth the effort. They should get inside the top 12 soon enough for part 2 when/if I decide to do another one.

Milkarat

Chiliarch
Don't count out Endurance and Alpha groups yet. The far away positions are just them getting a head start on a secured core for WW.
Endurance can use all that BP to grow like weeds, and Machida is on that team so never count them out.

KarmaError404

Hipparchus
You want an update on the top 8, here it is.

Updated Top 8 (Totally Accurate and Unbiased)

#1 - Epic Failures & Epic Losers - With 14 of the top 20 players and apparently bottomless wallets or their dads card number, this is hard to beat. They got a massive head start and have both the rank 1 and rank 2 spots as alliances. They are positioned in 044 and 055 mainly. As far as I can tell everyone around them is pretty much a giant whoopee cushion waiting to get sat on. Well maybe not quite all of them, we will see.

SWIM

#2 - Project Samos - The highest average point alliance beating out the rank 1 by a solid 100 points. There is a tiny caviotte however, its got a recruitment problem. They don't seem to be very good at finding members as they are maxing out at 1 right now. Maybe they just need a little time. SWIM

#3 - Alien Extraction - Formerly known as Doom Fear, they are sitting the the 3rd rank with 3 of the top 20 rank players. They got a few wallets and some notable players on their side as well as some not so notable players. Not too sure what their plan is and their positioning will be awful if they don't make some serious moves. They will be surrounded by pretty solid alliances and will have a tough time growing unless something interesting happens. Float

#4 - Charlie & Alpha - While most of the top rank alliances are forming their core in the starting oceans, this team has a much different idea of how to play the game. They are not the highest on the leader boards, but I figured I'd rank them pretty high because of their rapid execution of their unique strategy. They are moving way out in the boonies in 033 and have covered several islands in no time at all. Their growth is ramping up pretty rapidly and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in the most favorable position when the Wonders come out of the closet.
SWIM

#5 - Little Frogs - This alliance is always changing their name and for good reason, I'd probably change my name too if I looked like them. Aside from their next level strategy of constantly changing their name, they seem to be in a decent position as long as the next contender on this list does what every MRA eventually does. Frogs are hanging out in 054 smack in the middle of the largest MRA on this world so far.
FLOAT

#6 - Flying Falcons & Flying Falcons II & Flying Falcons III & Flying Falcons IV etc - Now here is the biggest and most advanced strategy team ever. Nobody has ever come up with a strategy so grand as these guys. They plan to win the world through diplomacy and at the rate they are going this world will be a turkey shoot... In all seriousness, this team has a lot of high potential players. If they use their MRA to feed cities to their flagship players then eventually they will be a pretty potent contender. Alternatively their good players will leave and join the nearby Frogs. Lots of things can happen to change this ocean. For now they will FLOAT

#7 - The Silent Coming - These guys have climbed a bit since the start of the world and are now sitting in the 6th rank with very good positioning south of both of the top 2 teams with plenty of room to grow without having to wrestle with the biggest guys. I will make a pretty bold guess and say that they will be climbing the ranks pretty steadily. SWIM

#8 - Endurance - Similar to Charlie & Alpha, this team is moving away from the main oceans pretty early, though not as far. They have some notable names among their roster that tell me this team has some potential to climb the ranks. They are located south west 045 and will grow uncontested for a while. SWIM

Fine Print - Please do not eat all the donuts and leave some for me. I kinda like donuts and wouldn't mind having them more often. If you like donuts the please leave a comment below with your favorite donut, I'd like to give it a try if I haven't already. Anyway you all should also try pepperoni donuts cause they are completely based and are yummy. BTW- Muck vs Yuck is real guys and I hope they win cause if they don't then it will be so funny that I'll be laughing so hard that it will make it hard to keep the donuts down. So keep on guys and may the best noob win.

Bring Back @MasterSpy lol :rolleyes: he is the Real Show Man for this GrepoForum lol
P.S We only do only-fans to have this bottomless wallets

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus
I just dont see the Point or the Honor in having 5 Alliances from the start :rolleyes: Epic Failures, Epic Losers, Epic Dreamers, The Silent Coming and Black Sheep

Someone told me all these alliances are working together and closely connected, I take back what i said on another Forum Fiasco United is not playing on this world if they did they would be 1 alliance fighting against everyone else

This mass Hugging is just shameful for any alliance and ruins the game.

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
Reminder that Epic Losers have recruited all the best players and have double the points of the second alliance (their second branch) and have a third branch recently opened on top of that. Living up to their name very well

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
Through public request and specifically to content @KarmaError404 here goes.....

Some big known botters that until now haven't had to use those bots given the low level of competition.
Lots of gold spent initially to get the jump on the rest, gold market was going crazy for a while there.
Not as much hugging going on as some may think, yet having said that there are some important players laying out of the 'big' alliances that will play big roles at a later date.
Deep out in 55 is a nice place to view from...kek