Top 12 TOP 7 with 7 months remaining

Edzinsh89

Hekatontarch
“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win” - Lao Tzu

pfeildurchkopf02.gif

As we are approaching the end of the first month on Ypsili, there are quite big changes happening since the end of BP. Some alliances have grown considerably, some fallen under pressure and some...barely hanging above the water. Who will withstand the pressure and rise above all in 7 months? One of the current leaders or maybe a new force will take over? That's a question for the future, but right now let's see the current state of the world...

mttao_wassermann.gif

My name is Ed and i have played grepo on and off since 2013, played alongside and against some great players, led and followed. However, i haven't immersed myself fully in all of the drama between old and experienced players and alliances, so i believe it's a plus when it comes to objectivity. And since i like to see some discussion and action, i've decided to have a go at my first TOP 12 (in this case TOP 7) ever, so don't be too harsh on me, lol. So take a coffee, tea, beer or whatever and sit down.

popcorn_essen.gif

So firstly, let's have a look at the state of the world by October 30th down below:

World map 30.10-2.png

If we look at the bottom 2 oceans, situation is pretty clear - Chaos Empire and 300. have almost total domination with no serious competitors apart from maybe Dress To Kill who have climbed 3 places compared to previous TOP 12.

Upper two oceans on the other hand show a very different picture, 4 of the TOP 7 alliances are scattered there and inevitably HUGE bloodbath will follow in the coming weeks/months. Right now Undead kings are ahead point wise and have the most TOP 100 fighters, but they don't have a solid core yet. The same problem is also shared with Rogue. However there is one group of players who don't have that problem, but about that later...Right now take a look at the TOP 7 table below.

stats 2.png

hoplit_sword3.gif

Now that we have an idea of the overall situation, let's dive deep into each of the alliance separately and try to predict the future...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

geburtstagswedler-1.gif

Chaos Empire (SWIM)

With a total of 84 players across 3 alliances Chaos have established themselves as the "dominators" of O45 with their core mainly in the north-east part. Involved in some clashes between "Rogue", "300." and "Dress To Kill", but overall nothing too big of a note. They are growing steadily, have the most players in TOP 100 by points and close to that in TOP 100 by battle points. Right now no real threat from the north where 4 alliances battle it out as mentioned before and they have squeezed Nr. 7 alliance between them and "300." on the east. So for now looks like a smooth sailing in foreseeable future.

geburtstagswedler-2.gif

Undead Kings (FLOAT)

The Undead are in a strange position. Their core is between 2 oceans south of 44/54, but they have cities all over both oceans which gives them second place in rankings. More cities, more points, better, right?...Well, it depends. They are in direct contact with 5 of the TOP 7 alliances and it is a very dangerous place to be. Remember my mention of bloodbath? The Undead need to use their fighter advantage to brute force through either "Battlepoint Vultures" or "Rogue" and establish domination in O44, because winning in 2 oceans at the same time in the current situation would be extremely hard and would take some expert level of diplomacy. If they do that, i can see them swimming in a few weeks/months. They have the players to do that with most of the TOP 100 fighters being there, they just lack, perhaps, coordination to take cities. They have considerably lower NET city count in the past 7 days being quite far behind from other TOP 3 alliance. To stay above others, this can't go on for long. The danger however is smaller alliances ganging up on them so GL and show us some zombies.

geburtstagswedler-3.gif

300. (SWIM)

300. May have a bit less players in both TOP 100 lists, BUT they have gained the most cities in last 7 days. Similarly to "Chaos Empire" they have dominion over a whole ocean, well...almost all ocean, but we will get to that. Other than that they are not in a direct threat from anyone with north part of the map being in bloodrage, "Chaos Empire" in the west still far away, "Dress to kill" in the south being squeezed as already mentioned. Smooth sailing in the coming weeks/months. Until they solidify their grip on O55, alliances in other oceans can sleep well for now.

geburtstagswedler-4.gif

Rogue (FLOAT/SINK)

Tough spot to be in. They have similar situation as "The Unded Kings" being scattered all over the place, but in Rogue's case, they just don't have the numbers compared to TOP 3. With low amount of players in TOP 100 and by far the lowest amount of NET cities gained in the past 7 days it may seem that they are on a one way trip to the grave. Their only "Hail Mary" right now is diplomacy. If they can pull off a pact or two with other smaller alliances, i can see them staying in the game for a few weeks. But overall when someone comes on top in the north, i don't see them surviving in the long term with best option - top players merging into other alliance to create a competitive new team.

geburtstagswedler-5.gif

But Woman Never Wing (SWIM)

Having only 9% of total points in TOP 7 alliances, this squad is the fastest growing menace in O54. Compared to their size of only 24 players they have HUGE firepower having 14 of them in TOP 100 fighters list. But what is more important - THEY HAVE A CORE. They have solidified a few islands and show no signs of stopping. They may be small for now, but with The Undead switching focus on O44 (as they should) i see them as the dominators of the whole O54 in the long term and they are in the process of doing that as we speak. Only thing - small group can only go so far. And with this world being WW not Domination, NUMBERS win world. Unless they have a deal with 300. or something to later merge into them, i dont see this group winning the server on their own in the current state.

geburtstagswedler-6.gif

The Battlepoint Vultures (FLOAT/SINK)

Similar to Rogue, these guys are not in a good situation. Their only advantage is the location, being in the far north and having a place to retreat from the bloodbath. With only a few players in both TOP 100 lists their firepower just isn't there, but their NET city count is on par even with The Undead Kings. Either way, their survival almost solely depends on diplomacy and if they pact with Rogue, it could prolong their stay on the server for several weeks, but overall i don't see them surviving all 7 months, at least not in a state like they are now.

geburtstagswedler-7.gif

Dress To Kill (SINK)

Man, this is unfortunate. These guys have more firepower than "Rogue" and "The Battlepoint Vultures", just that they are...in a wrong ocean unfortunately. Having 10 players in TOP 100 fighters list is not bad at all, also their NET city growth in the past 7 days are on level. But all it will do, will only prolong their inevitable faith - defeat. I don't see them escaping it, unless they pact with "Chaos Realm", but even then help may come too late. Other option is to become full WW supporters for "300." in exchange for some spots to get the crown. But if the wanna fight like real warriors, i give them few weeks.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

gw_ranger001.gif

“Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power” - Lao Tzu

South oceans are practically set up, but the real question is - can the north make it in time before south moves on them ?
But let it be the topic for the next time....

I hope you liked my analysis and may the best win !
Ed

prost.gif

Mr. Trump

Taxiarch
geburtstagswedler-5.gif

But Woman Never Wing (SWIM)

Having only 9% of total points in TOP 7 alliances, this squad is the fastest growing menace in O54. Compared to their size of only 24 players they have HUGE firepower having 14 of them in TOP 100 fighters list. But what is more important - THEY HAVE A CORE. They have solidified a few islands and show no signs of stopping. They may be small for now, but with The Undead switching focus on O44 (as they should) i see them as the dominators of the whole O54 in the long term and they are in the process of doing that as we speak. Only thing - small group can only go so far. And with this world being WW not Domination, NUMBERS win world. Unless they have a deal with 300. or something to later merge into them, i dont see this group winning the server on their own in the current state.
numbers dont matter when you make every ally quit before WW

And what about the first and second alliance Pact/NAP? My personal opinion, shame on them lol. For the first time I see that the first two alliances are afraid of fighting and attack smaller alliances together.. We should all remember this and avoid their leaders widely in the future :mad:

Edzinsh89

Hekatontarch
And what about the first and second alliance Pact/NAP? My personal opinion, shame on them lol. For the first time I see that the first two alliances are afraid of fighting and attack smaller alliances together.. We should all remember this and avoid their leaders widely in the future :mad:
Not a leader, haven't seen the talks, but objectively looking at it i agree that it kills the fun and action in ANY world

QUIMERA

Hoplite
Hey,

Good analysis, ty for sharing with us.

If you allow one suggestion to improve the signifcance of the data here it is:
1 - consider total # cities and not overall points (or both)

Ps - this song is stuck on my mind "All i want for Christmas is your city"
santagrin.gif

take care boys and girls

I knew from the start undead wouldn't last they have too many simmers and majority of them don't use alarms so it was easy pickings for anyone really, same goes for dress to kill, there the exact same, but don't get me wrong dress to kill have some good individuals within the alliance , lets see what the future holds i guess , im impressed with BUT WOMEN NEVER WING they have gained such a solid core in such sort time and they are 4th already wont be long till there third with there impressive fighting and showing there here for business', there alliance has a lot of experience and talent within it, Happy Hunting Everyone

I knew from the start undead wouldn't last they have too many simmers and majority of them don't use alarms so it was easy pickings for anyone really, same goes for dress to kill, there the exact same, but don't get me wrong dress to kill have some good individuals within the alliance , lets see what the future holds i guess , im impressed with BUT WOMEN NEVER WING they have gained such a solid core in such sort time and they are 4th already wont be long till there third with there impressive fighting and showing there here for business', there alliance has a lot of experience and talent within it, Happy Hunting Everyone
Thanks for the nice words. By the way, I know your name from somewhere, I just can't remember lol