Inactive Topic Trojan Horse

DeletedUser

So would you fail to pass the wall safely if a mythical defensive unit destroyed it? or would you get through anyway?

With the cost of the unit, it would seem like a big cost for anything less than conquest...
First answer this question please...

Would the wall still be ignored for the attack if the unit was destroyed in the attack?

DeletedUser

So would you fail to pass the wall safely if a mythical defensive unit destroyed it? or would you get through anyway?

With the cost of the unit, it would seem like a big cost for anything less than conquest...
First answer this question please...

Would the wall still be ignored for the attack if the unit was destroyed in the attack?

No, if the unit is destroyed, the wall remains in tact (unless there are catapults) and the wall deals damage as normal.

DeletedUser

great idea....... cant wait till i get a chance to use that...

would the enemy city c it?

DeletedUser

It seems to me like the Trojan horse only working if it isn't destroyed would make it a prime target. If my wall was made redundant because my units attacked hoplites instead of the trojan horse, i would be major peeved.

I like the idea, to a degree, but over-all I would not like to see it implemented.

Sorry.

DeletedUser

Let me remind everyone that this is the ideas forum. All posts in this thread should discuss the idea that is proposed and benefit its development. And being so, the past comments are not part of this idea's discussion. You can start a new discussion about the Trojan Horse in the acropolis under the 2.0 section.

This idea was passed along to the developers some time ago (no, we don't need to vote on everything). I found out yesterday that the trojan horse is a feature of grepolis 2.0. World's Rho and Sigma already exist at the moment, and some mods (mainly me right now), are testing both worlds to make sure they are both bug free for the launch. The trojan horse was supposed to be a surprise for all players, as it was unannounced, but it's obviously no longer a secret. The minor 2.0 update should have only been applied to world's Rho and Sigma today, but it appears the update was accidently applied to the entire server.

Nevertheless, I'm closing this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know, at one point i could have sworn I saw this unit in the Barrcks, i thought it was a glitch. Maybe it was a test to see if poeople would buy it, I would have but i didnt have nearly enough money

DeletedUser

I think that the land colonist should be a trojan horse not a wall nullifier.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, thought it adds a way of attacking other people

DeletedUser

This is a great idea. Though I think the side being attacked by it should get a building that can monitor the horse and destroy it or stop it before it gets in. Kind of like one of the buildings can tell you if theres spy in your city.

DeletedUser

I really hope this would only be a land unit that cant go on ships as it would be wrong to see this on ships.

It would be a slow moving attack right I mean moving that would be work on its own.

People would have to know its coming as for myths destroying it I think not for the reason above however a building or a research could work wonders.

DeletedUser2795

I don't like it, there is no chance of actually stopping the unit and those that it is hiding, so it is not actually an attack or a fight, just a way of stealing resources without losses.

DeletedUser

I don't like it, there is no chance of actually stopping the unit and those that it is hiding, so it is not actually an attack or a fight, just a way of stealing resources without losses.
huh the way I understood it was

its a trojan horse it allows the battle to take place on the other side of the wall so no wall fight but you still hit the troops it would be like having a spy open your gates.

DeletedUser2795

Ah, I thought that it meant that you also caught the troops off-guard, so you would not have to fight :S
But if that is the case, then I will want to see what the stats should be (I am getting 404 errors on all of the images)

DeletedUser

I think that this is not a very good idea. It just seems a little... not original. No offense man.

DeletedUser

i say instead of a normal unit this becomes a land conquest unit, i mean think it wasused for conquering way back when why not right now?