Update to Version 2.158 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.158. Feel free to post any questions or feedback in this thread.

Changelog 2.158

Dear Community,

On Wednesday, March 7th, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.158. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

• Notifications had 3 small changes done to improve the information given. There are now two more distinctive icons for attack planner and admin notifications and notifications about incoming supporting units also provide more information on their destination.
  • The in-game chat has been fully deactivated and removed from the user interface. Significant changes would have been required to restore functionality but only few players tried to access since its temporary deactivation. We decided to part ways with the outdated chat system.
  • At the same time, our developers spent some time on improving the display of live conquest reports shared by other players on the app. Please refer to upcoming mobile changelog to learn more.
New Features and Changes

• Notifications informing you about incoming supporting units sent to one of your cities now also contain their destination city.
  • Two notifications received new unique icons in order to avoid confusion with other notification types.
    • Attack planner notifications no longer look like support actions, but have their own style:
      attack_planner.png
    • Notifications issued by game admins no longer look like in-game reports. If you see this icon, check for important news:
      notification_admin2.png
  • The alliance chat has been removed from the user interface
    • Due to technical difficulties with the old implementation of the alliance chat (Flash), it was previously deactivated and would have required extensive rework for it to be usable again.
    • Seen as less than 5% of our active players tried to access the chat during the temporary deactivation phase, we have decided to move on and remove the alliance chat altogether to focus the resources in other areas.
  • Event and sale icons, as well as unit tooltips now scale in accordance to screen resolution, in order to prevent inconveniences on small screens.
  • Adjusted the handling of Captchas for more convenience in case there are any service interruptions of the Captcha service.

Bugfixes

• Tutorial - Quest arrows can no longer overlap and block the quest log. In case of overlap, the arrow can now be clicked through.
  • Recruitment overview - Numbers shown for the current ongoing recruitments in the recruitment overview sometimes did not match actual recruitment numbers.
  • Effects - Returning units from a besieged town led to effects being put into effect during the sieged that should only be re-triggered upon fending off/cancelling the siege.
  • Effects - Fixed several issues causing event effects and other bonuses to be applied multiple times albeit being unique.
  • Inventory - The mouse cursor did not switch to indicate that items can be interacted with (used). The right cursor is now shown again.
  • Localization - Fixed overlapping text on the gold shop button in several languages.
  • Incantation Circle/In Demeter's Name - Upon closing and reopening the event window after an item has been created but not collected, the window will keep its collection background to indicate that the item needs to be used or stored.
  • Conquest - Using the BBCode to share a live conquest report on a ghost town returned the error "[Invalid BBCode]". These reports can be shared again.

Important information

• This update contains minor changes to the user interface, which may break third party scripts. Please confirm that these scripts have been updated to reflect all changes before reporting interface issues.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

Rachel.L

Phrourach
so about those events and ads scaling...
not sure which is worse, taking up half the screen but me being able to do stuff or the scaled version that blocks your ability to do things
to have to go to island view in order to do spells on your own city is a major pain
Ads.jpg

Rachel.L

Phrourach
LY, I use zero extensions
this pic is from edge but get the same thing in chrome
in terms of screen res, 1280 I believe

I tried clicking on "favor" and it brought up the packages
maybe it's b/c I have no add-ons that I have a problem

I have a way around it but it's a pain
just thought someone should know

gotta go warp young minds
thanks for the reply @Loves You

DeletedUser55547

RE: Positioning of Gold Balance

Placing it in the top right corner for convenience sake, I guess is a good idea for cash players. Let face it though, the instant you installed it with that white flashy light streak turned it from a convenience into a permanent ad. One that attempts to distract the player from their gaming with each pass of that white flash, to "Buy Gold". Which, incase you may not have realized, is annoying as hell, for some of us, cash and non-cash players alike.

Remove that white flash and turn it back into an actual convenience instead of a permanent form of advertising.

Fluvisol

Phrourach
I have just one question about the repositioning of the gold
If the goal is to place it with the other resources for easier lookup, then fair enough
But why would you make the gold 2-3 times bigger than before (and all the other resources) and add a shiny button saying Buy Gold if it was to put it in line?
Now it just looks intrusive to me

DeletedUser39822

Lol......the biggest numerical font on the browser is now the Gold count. Thanks for hearing our replies and looking out for "our" best interests. This used to be such a wonderful game, I truly am going to miss it.

Fluvisol

Phrourach
Also another thing I just noticed
This pushes down the right side of the screen even further
Meaning even less reports/support/attack notifications can fit in at once
During events and offers this is already reduced to 1 or 2 at best, I'm not particularly stoked to never see any notifications pop up during those