Update to Version 2.186 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.186. Feel free to post any feedback or questions in this thread.

Changelog 2.186

Dear Community,

On Wednesday April 17th Grepolis will be updated to version 2.186. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

In this update, we fixed a couple of smaller issues and removed the exclusive status for the Heroes made available in 2018's events. Additionally, we worked on some background performance improvements, and some technical improvements.

New Features and Changes

We have removed the exclusive status from the following Heroes, meaning you can now unlock them just like the rest of the Council:
  • Ajax (War) - Improves Hoplites offensive and defensive stats.
  • Alexandrios (War) - Improves Archers offensive and defensive stats.
  • Eurybia (Wisdom) - Reduces costs for Triemes
  • Perseus (War) - Reduces offensive and defensive stats of enemy mythical units.
Check out the full list of Heroes on our Wiki to see full details of what they have to offer!

Bugfixes

• Heroes are now correctly sorted alphabetically in the Simulator.
gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have in our discussion thread.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

DeletedUser50649

Wow! I was really getting bummed the heroes were not sorted correctly in the simulator!

Seriously, since the last update I can't play on an iPad anymore … I really had not noticed the hero problem. Fixing that issue would have been a better use of your coders time I think.

DeletedUser21625

yes, bravo to Inno indeed. the heroes are alphabetized.
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif
Hot diggity.

Richard

Strategos
Hi guys,

For transparency, the changelog (as well as a few in recent months) may seem like it has limited or trivial changes in it, but this is predominately due to the fact that the development team have been focusing a lot of their time on technical improvements/updating technical and out of date libraries. These changes generally speaking aren't visual to players. Some will improve the game's performance, but a lot of the time, you wont notice the changes at all, but they are necessary all the same. The Heroes being sorted alphabetically is something worth mentioning as its a bug, but its also a very small amount of work required to fix, so it gets done as it is low effort.

The issues with browser login and usage on iPads is still an open issue, but as I've said elsewhere, its important to understand that playing the game in this manner is not supported. The browser game is not designed to work on touch devices. That isn't to say it wont be fixed, but as I alluded to in the bug thread, if the issue is caused by one of our technical updates of our dependencies, there is no guarantee we will be able to easily return to the same functionality.

Cheers,

Richard

DeletedUser50620

Thank you, thank you Inno. So pleased. I spotted I had empty hero slots, and friend directed me to this. I managed to get Eurybia today. SOOOOOO happy
smiley_emoticons_kleeblatt2.gif