Version 2.0 - Impact

DeletedUser

Well at some point in the not too distant future v2.0 will arrive in a fanfare.

Horns blow and trumpets toot.

I've been looking around and it seems that things are slowing down a little in places as some alliances look to build a world wonder or four. Does anyone know much about them, ie will they be grep version of the real wonders of the ancient world? And would anyone like to make some predictions about how it may or may not change things?

DeletedUser

I think its going to be a bloodbath. The Huns and DoA are going to go to war over world wonders and LoC is going to be demolished by the victor of that war. Hades is going to get some company down in the underworld cause a lot of people are going to wiped out. Even TicTac is going to perish because Hades's plague spell (destroy 10% of units in city) is going to hit his masses of stationed troops hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't know. Maybe we will see a massive TH-DoA merge to control the majority instead of a war. They seem to close to come to arms against one another. I know that everything is going to slow down majorly though because from what I've seen the wonders require a LOT of resources to level up, and there are 10 levels that you have to build to complete.

As far I have read about them they are the wonders of the ancient world i.e. Lighthouse of Alexandria, Pyramids of Giza etc... and the graphics for them look pretty cool so hopefully TFP will get a couple at least as well :)

DeletedUser

There won't be a blood bath of any kind, on either side. 2.0 will make holding onto islands more important, so it will benefit people to turtle rather than go on pure offensive - that is how the game is designed, and 2.0 solidifies it. Time after time it has been proven that when an city has 2-3000 biremes in it, no one has the taste to take the city. It is not worth the ratio - giving someone well over 20,000 BP for one city. This will make people HAVE to go for those cities. An entirely different style is coming to us.

There is a distinct advantage for loc, tfp, relentless, sme, and even ioa. Non-core alliances have an easier time making safe wonder islands, core alliances have a struggle. However, DoA, TH, and Black have an advantage of having larger players to pool resources from. So in my minds, it becomes an equal battle for wonder islands. Anyone with the knowledge, knows we've been fighting for control of wonder islands like crazy with The Huns.

It would not surprise me that within a month or so after this release, several alliances band together - the weakness of delta is simple, no alliance size limit.

So, instead of massive blood baths taking place, there will be a race to four wonder islands and then massive discussions as to which alliances will merge to make it happen, etc.

A blood bath, I think not - a completely different type of game with new objectives, absolutely.

Badnight, thanks for posting this! A Great post. I am very happy to discuss, you're getting positive rep from me.

DeletedUser

I'd be inclined to go with nwinder on this, to a degree. Most of the bigger alliances are striving to sort out islands ready for this to all kick off and it looks like we may end up with a situation in which 4/5 alliances have a wonder which changes the game.

It would be exceptionally difficult for core allainces to move all the way out to rim oceans to conquer/destroy. That said on those island you may well see massive longrange attacks and stacked troops scenarios. I guess it depends on how easy or not these wonder are to make.

As far as the actual artifacts go I'd like to think they'll add something new to the game rather than to just be 'super' versions of buildings already in play.

DeletedUser

Mind that not everybody is excited about playing in the world of heros...
For some people the game at this stage is enough time consuming and just on limit. World of heros is demanding, need constant attention and basically those who have much time to play will crush others. A lot of us will stand no chances against them.
People who work full time, outside the home already struggle, in the new world they will be just farms... :/

So not everyone is ready to jump into so demanding world.

I played in more dynamic game called ***y (which sucks btw) and find Grepolis relaxing change. Also more adults can play, as its not so much time consuming... I mean, you still can have a job and be able to be in top 100. I think that "faster" world is not for everyone and there will be many players not really willing to jump over.

DeletedUser

While I agree with you GROM - the thing is, I keep telling people, the server ends when someone completes this. If it were up to me, I'd keep things like they are now, I don't think it is fair for us to have played this game for a year, and have it change on us.

But, things change, and so must we - otherwise our enemies win and the game is over - and that is even more boring!

DeletedUser

the world will not end lol

Once your alliance builds 4 world wonders the game ends, if it is a world that started after 2.0, and everyone on that world ascends to the Hero World. Worlds that already existed before the update, for example Alpha, will not end for now. Instead they will continue, allowing players to play in the Hero World as well. We can not guarantee that those worlds will be open forever.

DeletedUser3288

There won't be a blood bath of any kind, on either side. 2.0 will make holding onto islands more important, so it will benefit people to turtle rather than go on pure offensive - that is how the game is designed, and 2.0 solidifies it. Time after time it has been proven that when an city has 2-3000 biremes in it, no one has the taste to take the city. It is not worth the ratio - giving someone well over 20,000 BP for one city. This will make people HAVE to go for those cities. An entirely different style is coming to us.

There is a distinct advantage for loc, tfp, relentless, sme, and even ioa. Non-core alliances have an easier time making safe wonder islands, core alliances have a struggle. However, DoA, TH, and Black have an advantage of having larger players to pool resources from. So in my minds, it becomes an equal battle for wonder islands. Anyone with the knowledge, knows we've been fighting for control of wonder islands like crazy with The Huns.

It would not surprise me that within a month or so after this release, several alliances band together - the weakness of delta is simple, no alliance size limit.

So, instead of massive blood baths taking place, there will be a race to four wonder islands and then massive discussions as to which alliances will merge to make it happen, etc.

A blood bath, I think not - a completely different type of game with new objectives, absolutely.

Badnight, thanks for posting this! A Great post. I am very happy to discuss, you're getting positive rep from me.

i think we all know if any people were gonna merge and get them built it would be DOA / huns, we are the only ones with mass islands set up.

EOTD have tried to set up 2 wonder islands now, and been foiled by The Huns both times, LOC has a hun on their island (we do have tictac on one of ours), but we have 3-4 more.

I reckon huns / DOA should just merge and get the 4 world wonders over with.

DeletedUser

I am Larinus. I have played this game for a while now, and it's kind of taking over my life - you all know what I'm talking about :)

I am in an alliance just outside the top 20 of the Delta world, and we seem to be thinking a bit about World Wonders. Everyone (not just from my alliance) seems to think that everyone wants to build World Wonders and move on into the Hero world. If your alliance does move on I'm kind of guessing that members won't have an option of staying behind, right?

I don't work full time, I'm still at school - preparing for my GCSEs, and yet I still have trouble keeping up with everything. That's why I like Speed 1 Worlds - you don't absolutely have to check in every hour to see if anything's happened, because usually it hasn't.

I used to have Runescape but quit a while back. The reason? It constantly got updated to be 'better'. One week off from it and I came back and couldn't understand a thing. The beauty of it was the relative simplicity of the game - same with Grepolis.

I just hope that with v2.0 Innogames haven't gone too far...

DeletedUser

Larinus - well said. Simple.

I think people have missed the the deeper point. Most people have read that the world isn't going to close but our understanding of it will.

Whenever a new grep world opens up there is a spike in losses as people move to start again and the opening of a hero world will be the same. As you all know after you build your personal empire it becomes time-consuming and trying to run accounts in multiple worlds takes up even more.

My personal view is that alot of people will look in the old and new worlds and depending on how things go in the first couple of weeks they'll eventually drop one.

DeletedUser

Thank you badnight.

I have looked over the summary of Hero Worlds again, and it suggests you can play in your old world and your Hero World. This kind of leads me to like it a bit more because I can presumably just quit the Hero World and focus on Delta, right?

DeletedUser5270

Mind that not everybody is excited about playing in the world of heros...
For some people the game at this stage is enough time consuming and just on limit. World of heros is demanding, need constant attention and basically those who have much time to play will crush others. A lot of us will stand no chances against them.
People who work full time, outside the home already struggle, in the new world they will be just farms... :/

So not everyone is ready to jump into so demanding world.

I played in more dynamic game called ***y (which sucks btw) and find Grepolis relaxing change. Also more adults can play, as its not so much time consuming... I mean, you still can have a job and be able to be in top 100. I think that "faster" world is not for everyone and there will be many players not really willing to jump over.

Blooming heck, I totally agree with every word. I for one won't be going to the Hero Worlds. It doesn't matter if TFP win, loose or draw. I just am not interested for the reasons GROM states.

DeletedUser5270

Also there has been discussion about will things go quiet or will there be a blood bath. I think TH and DOA will be forced to turn on each other. I do not say this because it is to TFP's advantage. I say it because I don't think building wonders and then merging will work. I think the alliance that merges into another alliance will loose its wonders as this will be the same as that alliance loosing control of the wonder island. Wonders relate to the alliance and not the player and an alliance merger in reality is just players leaving one alliance and joining another alliance. This is why I think TH and DOA will be forced to go to war against each other. They would literally have to merge now to gain the benefit of merging.

Actually, I hate to mention it in case they do it, but DOA could trump everybody by getting IOA to merge into them now. The important thing with the wonders is resources and IOA players could provide DOA with another 10 millions points worth of resources.

DeletedUser

I think TH and DOA will be forced to turn on each other.

I can give you a cast iron guarantee that will NEVER happen. In this ever changing game of politics and betrayal its probably tough for some of you to understand the level of trust that exists between the leaders of these two Alliances.

As one of the original Signatories of the Pact, I can tell you that 44, Badnight and the rest of DOA are like brothers to me.

The only scenario where this could happen is if all the leaders of TH and DoA all quit and even then I think it unlikely.

Most of us don't want to go to Hero World anyway but we would be more than happy to stop anyone else, for this goal, the pact can remain strong.

Delta forever!!!!

General Sunwolf

DeletedUser

Why would we want to fight? Whilst I'll admit to being curious about the new 'hero features' work I don't see any useful reason in rushing to get all four. I see even less value in arguing over them. A few people have talked about it and I have to agree, I spend too much time in grepo as it is so I'll stick with Delta.

On the off chance we all decided we wanted to go I'd simply propose adding the alliances together for the purpose of doing it. As nwinder pointed out it's a flaw in the Delta setup that you can a 300 player alliance, it wouldn't be necessary to go to war over them.

With a bit of luck IoA will get one and even organising that is a royal pain in the backside.

DeletedUser

Lets forget for a second about the pact and trust -
if war between TH and DoA would happen that would be probably the end for both alliances. The only beneficiaries of this war would be satelite alliances, like TFP or LoC.
There is no way that TH will trust LoC as much as they trust DoA and no way DoA will trust tibs boys as much as they trust TH.
Basing on everything that happened, different individuals and aspirations of LoC or TFP, TH has no competition for DoA and vice versa.

I think its logic, isnt?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

sunwolf...what is your grepolis account name? just wondering...