Version 2.0 - Impact

DeletedUser

i
I reckon huns / DOA should just merge and get the 4 world wonders over with.

This happens and every other alliance in Top 12 should just quit and build up there cities waiting for "DoA Huns" to disappear :)

DeletedUser

i think we all know if any people were gonna merge and get them built it would be DOA / huns, we are the only ones with mass islands set up.

EOTD have tried to set up 2 wonder islands now, and been foiled by The Huns both times, LOC has a hun on their island (we do have tictac on one of ours), but we have 3-4 more.

I reckon huns / DOA should just merge and get the 4 world wonders over with.

I guess you don't look at the map much

DeletedUser

If you guys want an Idea of how the wonders work you might want to take a look at the game "Travian". Been playing there before transferring onto this game and I think that grepolis might be trying to do the same thing here. Might be worth taking a look at.

DeletedUser5270

I can give you a cast iron guarantee that will NEVER happen. In this ever changing game of politics and betrayal its probably tough for some of you to understand the level of trust that exists between the leaders of these two Alliances.

As one of the original Signatories of the Pact, I can tell you that 44, Badnight and the rest of DOA are like brothers to me.

The only scenario where this could happen is if all the leaders of TH and DoA all quit and even then I think it unlikely.

Most of us don't want to go to Hero World anyway but we would be more than happy to stop anyone else, for this goal, the pact can remain strong.

Delta forever!!!!

General Sunwolf

If you both keep to that in the face of the other winning and you manage to control the players below you from starting a war anyhow because they don't want to loose then I admire you.

However I will only believe that when and if that situation develops. If I was in charge of your alliance then I would say the same for unity and political stability and only let leash at the critical point if that so came. In one sense a bit like WW2 when the British destroyed the French Navy only a short while after offering to merge the 2 nations into 1. i.e. both powers were close and then when necessity decided it the British let loose with all hell to destroy the French Navy.

I am not attempting political subterfuge here. As I have already said, if you hold your alliances' treaty together even though that means one will have to let the other win then I take my hat off to you!

Anyway this may not happen. Believe it or not TFP still fancy our chances and as it sounds like loads of us are going to stay around after heroworlds comes into being the discussion is partly irrelevant anyway as it won't really matter who builds the wonders except in terms of the small advantages they are supposed to give.

I suppose it is a possibility that loads of alliances will get 1 wonder each and there will be a stalemate and heroworlds won't get unlocked anyway

DeletedUser634

I can see Huns and DOA/IOA possibly merging depending on the world wonder situation however I'd be extremly surprised if they were to go to war with each other. Ye it would make the game more interesting and easier for me lol as I'd willingly help out some Hun members if they took on DOA ;)
But the fact that they are so well co-ordinated(warning I won't make many posts complimenting them lol) makes it that much more of a challenge and whether were fighting an unwinnable battle or not is not really the point in my mind. My 1 aim is to enjoy the game lol and I get that "buzz" from taking on the big guns. So wonders or no wonders It'll be interesting though I got into these types of games via Travian and that had a very good world wonder game set up. Hopefully grepolis can provide an even better experience.

DeletedUser634

Even TicTac is going to perish because Hades's plague spell (destroy 10% of units in city) is going to hit his masses of stationed troops hard.

I dont think I will perish lol given plague doesnt do that :p

Taken from the forums that are testing the 2.0 release plague does the following:
The population is afflicted by a horrendous epidemic.
Reduces an enemy city's basic resource production by 50% for 0 hours.
250 favor
(So the opposite of happiness basically)

DeletedUser

well if it was 10percent damage to troops it would be overpowered

DeletedUser

So in light of todays announcement, does this mean that Delta is not going to see an update to 2.0? Partially? In its entirety?

DeletedUser5270

I got the impression it was just the new worlds at this point. I hope I am wrong though.

DeletedUser

Grepolis 2.0 I guess is good, but i hate that I actually have to go press the refresh button instead of pressing the city overview to refresh:p Too much energy:cool:

DeletedUser

i have message one of the game mods and this is the response i got..

greco1313
2011-03-11 00:52:46
thank you for your time.. also do you have an estimated date for world delta. many people are asking and they usually ask me.
sigismund
2011-03-11 01:30:05
There is no estimated time. An announcement will be made once a timetable has been decided upon. However be advised the World Delta will not be upgraded to a complete 2.0 world for a very long time, even after 2.0 has been released.

Sincerely,

Sigismund
greco1313
2011-03-11 01:34:43
whats a verry long time? 2 months 6 months
sigismund
2011-03-11 03:24:24
As I said no timetables have been established. At this point it has not yet been decided if the existing Worlds will receive the full upgrade at some point. The only determination that has been for the existing worlds is that some time after the first 2.0 world is released the existing worlds will receive a partial upgrade.

Sigismund

So the bottom line is that there is a good chance we wont see the full version and its going to be some time before we even see any new version..Basically they have been string us along from the beginning of the year..

DeletedUser12311

Well 2.0 starts on april 4th and another world and April the 5th.

Anyone planing on Joining? I hope The Huns are it wouldn't be the same without you guys.

Anyone up for Asking the Best from other worlds to come and we all start in different corners?

Alpha NE
Beta SE
Gamma SW
and Delta NW

Seems like a good idea to me ;)

DeletedUser5270

Seems like a lame duck to me. We were given the impression that all worlds were going to be upgraded from February. Now Delta may get a partial upgrade many months down the road. And to think of all the wasted effort that has been put into Wonder Islands. Shameful!

DeletedUser

Well that is very crappy news indeed. I had come to expect more from the Grepolis mods. How could they not upgrade the current worlds to full 2.0 without at least mentioning that at some point in the last 5 months.. ?

DeletedUser

That is really bogus, to be honest. And is kind of the opposite what we told many months ago...Imperica you are so right. We've wasted so much time on those wonder islands...

::sigh::

DeletedUser

sadly my friend N, I for once have to agree with you. What I see is that grepolis just wanted to string us all along, this way that we can too keep the hype of the game. Also they all wanted us to keep spending our money to buy gold with the promise of a full version 2.0 being released.

DeletedUser

I have a half a mind to stage a walk out, the trouble is they know they have us trapped...
We've been playing over a year, we want to see end game.

DeletedUser

The end game is going to be basically people dropping out from boredom...many people just sit back and turtle up and just wait to get attacked. there is no fun there..